United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The full article.

Can't shelter kids forever.
What's your solution?

I was watching 48 hours CBS news program in the background a few years ago when my eldest son was 10.

The intro had a blurb "man pregnant will have baby soon." That of course drew the attention of the entire family. I knew what it was about. It was a transgender woman who had some male enhancements but was still capable of childbirth.

So of course my son knew reality and said dads can't have babies. I confirmed this and was satisfied to move on and change the channel.

But of course my son asked why a woman wanted to pretend to be a man and why the news reported a man was having a baby.

Well at that point I had to tell him some people want to change the way God physically made them. That when we kick the goads against God it is sin.

He understood that clearly and still does now 7 years later.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Funny thing is though that make-up is for anyone who wants to wear it. In lots of cultures over history, men wore make up - who made the rule up eye liner is only for women?? And so today some guys wear it - big deal !!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing is though that make-up is for anyone who wants to wear it. In lots of cultures over history, men wore make up - who made the rule up eye liner is only for women?? And so today some guys wear it - big deal !!

Why? In our culture men and boys don't wear makeup. Perhaps in ancient Egypt as prescribed by their pagan religion it "was the in thing."

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why? In our culture men and boys don't wear makeup. Perhaps in ancient Egypt as prescribed by their pagan religion it "was the in thing."
Men can wear it if they want. Men of all persuasions for milleniums have doffed powder on their face, a little rouge, eye-liner... I just dont get the big deal...and how can you say in our culture men dont wear makeup...where did you get that rule from?

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
do wigs and hair coloring count as "makeup"?
Oh yes true. Wow imagine if hair colouring was like... your a pagan and doomed... thats a lot of men to write off...Oh and imagine all those actors and people who appear on TV getting make up on.... DOOM the lot of them

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what culture one means.

TV doesn't really count - makeup there is generally to offset bright lights and isn't done in such a way to make men look like they are wearing colored eyeshadow.

Of course, it is true that anyone can do anything they want these days, pretty much. And becoming more so.

But over the past century+ in the United States, men did not walk the streets or go to work wearing makeup, so it is not what we tend to associate with men.

Captain Jack Sparrow (the fictional character) was a notable exception, as were a few other characters in show business.

But you didn't see a [male] mechanic, doctor, shopkeeper, school teacher, baseball player, waiter, college professor, coach, stockbroker, construction worker, dentist, librarian, accountant, drill seargeant, butcher, grocery store clerk, jogger, soldier, cowboy, computer programmer, short order cook, lawyer, or dad ... pretty much no men encountered in life in general, wearing makeup.

So those of us who grew up and lived in the US (maybe until recently) would be surprised to see a man wearing makeup.

Personally I think it's the intent that matters. If a guy has really bad skin, I always felt kind of bad for them that they usually wouldn't even think of using some kind of concealing product.

But purposely painting oneself to look like a woman IS a deliberate statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know some guys at my school are Emo, and some Fobs that dont sorta get the western norms...so they use eye-liner.... I actually think it suits them.

I believe you. :)

And you don't have to answer my question, but I would ask if you live in the US and more importantly, how old you are?

And that's why I said in the last century plus, men on the street. It wasn't done.

Trends, fashions, such things change. I could also say that we used to be embarrassed if our underwear was showing. We didn't buy pants eight sizes too big so we could walk around with our backsides hanging out and the world could see our underwear. It would have been ridiculous. Now young men do at as if it is some sort of badge of honor. I imagine it will probably be looked back on someday like HUGE bell bottoms were, or seen as even more "smh".

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know some guys at my school are Emo, and some Fobs that dont sorta get the western norms...so they use eye-liner.... I actually think it suits them.
Yup, I remember some guys, mostly emos or goths, who wore eyeliner and/or eye shadow.

Personally I think it's the intent that matters. If a guy has really bad skin, I always felt kind of bad for them that they usually wouldn't even think of using some kind of concealing product.

I've been told by several women, when this topic has come up, that most guys would benefit from a small bit of concealer or foundation, and a bit of eye makeup as well. Not to make them look like women, but to bring out their better features.

And you don't have to answer my question, but I would ask if you live in the US and more importantly, how old you are?

Yup, from the U.S. I'm 24.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

Pretty much on point when he said "That’s not a hard conversation. You tell your son, 'It’s a guy. He’s wearing makeup.' And, once again, you move on with your life. If your son asks, 'Why doesn’t daddy wear makeup?,' then tell him it’s because daddy doesn’t like it." and how she's worried about him asking question. You should never be afraid that your child is asking questions, that's how they learn. I think that is ultimately the issue as well as "Our world is headed in a direction where my 6-year-old son is having to grow up so much faster than I want him to." It seems to me what the mother doesn't want is her son growing up and being different than who she wants him to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

We should mention there is such a thing as "war paint" worn by men preparing for battle.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should mention there is such a thing as "war paint" worn by men preparing for battle.

Hmm. Do you think William Wallace would do a cosmetics commercial with a bunch of girls? Maybe hair braiding, but not makeup.

Brave Heart1.png

• Agree
Reactions: Rodite
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My point though is that gee..... There's a few things in this world to get a bit anxious about...boys adding some make-up isnt one of them. I know if that was my son I'd be like suggesting stuff to use...But I also know if its my son I'm already too old to make a judgement on what kids wanna wear... I know the first time I stepped out in a red knee stocking on one leg n a black n white thigh stocking on the other n mum was like...they aren't even matching...... Yet some how I'm still alive and the world hasn't collapsed

Upvote 0