Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The narrator has no concept of evil. Card tricks??? Wouldn't a malevolent entity be more ambitious? The Lance Corporal of Darkness - not really evil but look, kids, FIRE!

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
"The narrator has no concept of evil. Card tricks??? Wouldn't a malevolent entity be more ambitious? The Lance Corporal of Darkness - not really evil but look, kids, FIRE!"

There are greater things in the video. But you must watch the whole thing to have the context. Surely you haven't done so already if this is your first time. But let me ask you, do you believe that the Scriptures are correct when they say sorcery is a sin?

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Please also understand that Scripture says Satan and his minions can only do what God allows them to do. This is why the Gog and Magog incident only happens in the future at a certain point. This is why Yeshua was crucified at the time he was and before that his enemies couldn't touch him. This is why the Antichrist can only do the signs and wonders he will do at the appointed time according to prophecy.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"The narrator has no concept of evil. Card tricks??? Wouldn't a malevolent entity be more ambitious? The Lance Corporal of Darkness - not really evil but look, kids, FIRE!"

There are greater things in the video. But you must watch the whole thing to have the context. Surely you haven't done so already if this is your first time. But let me ask you, do you believe that the Scriptures are correct when they say sorcery is a sin?

You actually expect people to watch a nearly 3 hour video blindly posted here? It's not good form.

Present a summary of the main arguments in the video and we can go from there.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
You actually expect people to watch a nearly 3 hour video blindly posted here? It's not good form.

Present a summary of the main arguments in the video and we can go from there.

"You actually expect people to watch a nearly 3 hour video blindly posted here?"

>>> Yes, if they want to.

"It's not good form."

>>> Why? Who has decided such a thing and on what authority?

"Present a summary of the main arguments in the video and we can go from there."

>>> No, I don't see the need. Watch or don't watch.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
You should check out Xendrius' channel on Youtube too.
Lots of disturbing footage.
Yif, Dynamo, that obviously possessed guy, etcetera...

I saw a little part of that guy's video too. Then I saw a little of someone's video who had posted refutations of his video supposedly showing how it is all naturally explained trickery. Some of what I saw convinced me that this may be the case with certain things. But so far I would have to say this cannot possibly be with all of them. Like people sticking sharp objects through their bodies and it is clearly real, but no blood, and also after they have no marks. Or in public broad daylight hovering people all over the place up high. And so much more. This stuff is the same stuff we read about how Moses was vs the Egyptian magicians and Simon Peter vs Simon Magus.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
They probably have at least some using natural trickery and showing how they do it so as not to cause too much disturbance because of the atheistic liberal science trusting societies we live in today which the powers that be certainly have a purpose for. This will have people worshiping Satan but always never 100% believing but always doubting that science probably explains it so as not to disturb the status quo too much and keep people deluded thinking everything is fine and all they have been taught are not deceptions of Satan.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw a little part of that guy's video too. Then I saw a little of someone's video who had posted refutations of his video supposedly showing how it is all naturally explained trickery.
Most of it seems irrefutable.
Some of what I saw convinced me that this may be the case with certain things. But so far I would have to say this cannot possibly be with all of them. Like people sticking sharp objects through their bodies and it is clearly real, but no blood, and also after they have no marks. Or in public broad daylight hovering people all over the place up high. And so much more. This stuff is the same stuff we read about how Moses was vs the Egyptian magicians and Simon Peter vs Simon Magus.
Yep...
I've seen witnessed / experienced some myself, through a "street-yogi" (a man from India).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Hieronymous,

I made a comment before your last one in case you missed.

And also why would David Copperfield have people from all over the world participate by touching the TV screen and telling to expect something to happen if it isn't real and they wouldn't feel anything? He would discredit himself if he did that. And so if it really works how is that possible? He couldn't rig everyone's home TV's. This is the part in the video that has this:

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But you must watch the whole thing to have the context.

Typically, if one wants to start a discussion, the less effort people need to expend to get into this discussion and the more clear it is to those participating that the discussion is going to be intellectually fulfilling, the better things tend to go. Most people will balk at a 10-minute video; you're asking me to spend nearly 3 hours, sight unseen, on a video claiming that stage magicians (you do realize that they're fake, right? It's a stage show, and the impressive magic tricks amount to technical wizardry and sleight of hand) are proof of demonic powers? And you won't even do the courtesy of summarizing some of the more important points in the video? Yeesh.

And also why would David Copperfield have people from all over the world participate by touching the TV screen and telling to expect something to happen if it isn't real and they wouldn't feel anything?

Because they know something you don't: the human power of suggestion is very real and extremely easy to trigger. If you want to believe, and he does something like that, then you're going to feel something. It's entirely in your head. This is a really easy effect to replicate regardless of the intent or ability of the person bringing it up.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"You actually expect people to watch a nearly 3 hour video blindly posted here?"

>>> Yes, if they want to.

I have no idea what it's about or whether it's worth my time. I'm not going to spend a large amount of time on a video if it's something I'm not interested in or a load of woo.

"It's not good form."

>>> Why? Who has decided such a thing and on what authority?

Common forum etiquette. If you post a video it's common practice to also post a summary of the main points to stimulate discussion and others can see whether they want to watch the full video. Just posting a huge video doesn't give people much to go on.

"Present a summary of the main arguments in the video and we can go from there."

>>> No, I don't see the need. Watch or don't watch.

If that's your attitude this is going to be one short thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hieronymous,

I made a comment before your last one in case you missed.

And also why would David Copperfield have people from all over the world participate by touching the TV screen and telling to expect something to happen if it isn't real and they wouldn't feel anything? He would discredit himself if he did that. And so if it really works how is that possible? He couldn't rig everyone's home TV's.

If it didn't work, do you think people would shake their TVs to frighten the little men inside?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Greek word is: pharmakeia. This is where we get our English word Pharmacy. This implies that Sorcery involves the use of drugs to alter the mind.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but what does pharmakeia link to on this topic?
The Greek word Pharmakeia is translated "Sorcery" in some of the translations. The question had to do with sorcery and what that means. The question has to do with enchantment through the use of magic.

pharmakeia: the use of medicine, drugs or spells
Original Word: φαρμακεία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pharmakeia
Phonetic Spelling: (far-mak-i'-ah)
Short Definition: magic, sorcery, enchantment
Definition: magic, sorcery, enchantment.

Upvote 0