Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think she should make a public apology?

Because she was acting in her role as a PUBLIC OFFICIAL when she made those comments.

She apologised to those she personally hurt.

Did she? Please quote her.

Do you really think an apology to you? from her would help you? Would you be able to give up some of the hate eating you over the election of Trump?

I am not a member of the US public...your question is moot...

Do you think she is the only person that has ever made a disparaging comment when someone is hurting.

That’s a grade school approach to responsibility. We are each responsible for our own behaviour, regardless of that of others. Do I really need to point this out to an adult...?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Mitch McConnell made a special trip to visit McCain on account of them being good friends. He said they had a really good visit. I'm glad that there are some folks who have a genuine friendship that won't just fall apart if one disagrees with another on policies. I am happy they had a nice time together.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....what the WH staffer fails to appreciate is that even as McCain fights brain cancer from his home in Arizona , he still has tremendous influence and respect in the US Senate. With his comments regarding the CIA nominee and torture, McCain is doing what McCain has always done: Take a stand for what is right.

McCain issued a statement declaring that “the methods we employ to keep our nation safe must be as right and just as the values we aspire to live up to and promote in the world.”

“I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country and has devoted her professional life to its service and defense,” he said. “However, Ms. Haspel’s role in overseeing the use of torture by Americans is disturbing. Her refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying.

Speaking out on torture and a Trump nominee, ailing McCain roils Washington

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And she still has her job...

And no-one in this despicable administration has the good graces to apologise to McCain.

And these are the same people who try to sell themselves as pro-military, pro-veterans.

‘Deplorable’ is the best of their qualities....

If you wanted to see conservatives upset about this, she would needed to have said it kneeling on a football field after sunning herself for several days and getting a deep, dark tan.

These folks don't care about the military. They just use them as a talking point whenever they need to rally votes or pass an agenda, like more military spending.

Search the Web for Judy Tucker and Treasure Sharpe. Also Veteran Ernest Walker.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you're saying that McCain has become possessed by Satan, so in response, God gave him a brain tumor so that he wouldn't invite Donald -- the man who hates and has disrespected him and his service at every opportunity -- to his upcoming funeral.

It really is scary, isn't it?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can he be expected to do the latter when God has done the former?

One of those interesting paradoxes with how some Christians believe about God's dealings with humans.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are perfectly correct. The issue is that McCain has been taken captive by irrational hatred, and hatred is incited by the devil. Therefore God has allowed his mind to become irrational, thus he goes so far as to say he does not want Trump at his funeral!

What he really should be doing before he dies is confessing all his sins to God, repenting of his sins, and receiving Christ as Savior. Which would mean that he goes to Donald Trump and asks his forgiveness for deliberately taking a phony dossier into his hands in order to destroy Trump. This man needs to be saved.

And actually if someone said that he is dying and his warped opinions do not matter, that is the honest truth. He has made warped statements over and over again, and opposed policies and bills which would have benefited Americans. He even went so far as to say recently that having Sarah Palin on his team was a mistake! How could it be mistake when she is a conservative wanting to do the right thing for America?

So people need to repent for NOT bowing down and worshiping the golden calf? Not quite how I remember the story.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not the word I'd use, but that's just my opinion.

Well, I meant "scary" that someone honestly believes Trump to be this much on the side of Godly righteousness.

... Or maybe you knew what I was referring to but just decided that it was more funny than scary?

Upvote 0