“I Really Don’t Care” or “I Don’t Have a Clue”...?

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been rolling over in my mind as to why Melania chose to wear that message on her back...
I mean, she’s obviously no dummy; speaks a handful of languages, successfully built herself a career as an immigrant, etc, etc...this woman would seem to know what she is doing.

So why....?

I can think of only a few reasons...let’s see how they resonate...

1. Donnie offered the excuse on her behalf that she was somehow taking a shot at the media...that she “doesn’t care” for the way they portray the news.

2. Given the frosty relationship between her and Donnie, she’s done this to embarrass him and his recent policy of snatching babies.

3. She just doesn’t care about the plight of these refugees.

#1 seems unlikely to me, because it’s too obscure a message...those words on the jacket don’t easily describe a link to comments about the media.
#3 is in contrast to her actions. She did show she cared by travelling to the border and inspecting a detention centre. So, unless that was just a show for the sake of politics...?

#2 seems most likely. It serves as a poke in the eye for the man that she probably respects least...

Any other suggestions...?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
#2 is most likely. I think she's had it with being the FLOTUS. After her surgery she was out of the White House for several weeks, and I think she liked it that way. I don't think she wants to be his errand girl, going on errands of mercy while he heads for the golf course, although they only took her to the best of the many facilities she could have gone to.

• Winner
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Something like reason one.

Well, that’s Donnie’s explanation of course.....which means it has about a 70% chance of being false...

But it doesn’t work. You read that message cold and how do you automatically draw a link to it being an anti-media statement? It’s too vague for that....

Be honest...before Donnie offered that explanation, who would have guessed she was sending a message about the media...?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
#2 is most likely. I think she's had it with being the FLOTUS. After her surgery she was out of the White House for several weeks, and I think she liked it that way. I don't think she wants to be his errand girl, going on errands of mercy while he heads for the golf course, although they only took her to the best of the many facilities she could have gone to.

I think you’re right Fantine.

She’s seen her husband paying off (at least) one woman to keep her quiet about his affairs while she was a nursing mother. As an immigrant, she’s heard her husband referring to immigrants as an “infestation”. As a mother, she’s witnessed her husband snatching babies away from their mothers.

At some stage, any woman would have had enough....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A stunt that people won't shut up about it.
Well when the First Lady wears a jacket that says plainly she doesn't care at an event where she is supposedly showing how much she cares.... Yeah, that's going take some time to die down.

Honestly, this is a minor thing. But these minor things add up and become part of a much larger problem.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most women want the best for children, especially if they have children of their own.
Most.

She literally said the words "that's great" when told how many people they have detained at the center and how long they've been there.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then it was a political stunt.

Do you approve of political stunts?

I didn’t say that did I?

The haters are going to freak out and go ballistic over anything the Trump family does.

This is what? The fifteenth or twentieth time her cloths made headline news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0