“HOW SERIOUS IS THIS MATTER OF “SPIRITUAL ADULTERY”?

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will answer that by asking another question, “How serious is unfaithfulness as it regards marriage between a husband and wife?”

The reason why any marriage, including their children, and finances, ect., is in chaos, is because the Believer Faith is misplaced. Their Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross - It may be placed in Christ - but not the Cross (a lukewarm Christian). The result will be the works of the flesh and spiritual death (The sin nature is reactivated - Galatians 5:19-21). This is called Spiritual Adultery - another Jesus [Romans 7:1-4; 2 Corinthians 11:4; James 4:1-4; Revelation 2:1-7; Revelation 3:14-19]. You have forsaking the Cross for other ways and methods to bring victory and blessings (grace). The operation of the Holy Spirit is accomplished through Faith and Grace.

“26 For if we sin willfully (the “willful sin” is the transference of Faith from Christ and Him Crucified to other things) after that we have received the knowledge of the Truth (speaks of the Bible way of Salvation and Victory, which is “Jesus Christ and Him Crucified” [I Cor. 2:2]), there remains no more Sacrifice for sins (if the Cross of Christ is rejected, there is no other Sacrifice or way God will accept),

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation (refers to God’s Anger because of men rejecting Jesus Christ and the Cross), which shall devour the adversaries. (It is hellfire, which will ultimately come to all who reject Christ and the Cross.)” Hebrews 11:26-27

Never allow any problem nor any circumstance to misplace your Faith from Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was purchased and won. Unless the Believer submit to God's plan of victory, over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil, the result will always be defeat; the flow of grace stops (Romans 8:2; Galatians 2:21). The Life of Christ must be manifested through the power of the Holy Spirit in the Believer life to have victory (John 14:21; John 15:5; Romans 8:2).

When the Believer doesn't understand how the "Law of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) of Life in Christ Jesus operates (Romans 8:2)," they enter back into the "Law of sin and death."

Failing the Lord, in other words sinning, does not reactivate the sin nature. What reactivates the sin nature in the life of the Christian is misplaced faith. You are proclaiming Jesus, but ignoring the Cross (half measures won't do - lukewarm). This is called "spiritual adultery." Christ is become of no effect unto you, because you are you are frustrating grace. All born again Christians place their Faith in Jesus Christ and the Cross of Calvary for Salvation. But few Christians place and maintain their Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary for Sanctification. In other words, their Faith may be in Christ, but not the Cross, i.e., "The Finished Work," i.e., "The Blood of Jesus." The Apostle Paul calls this "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4). The result will be the works of the flesh and spiritual death (the sin nature comes alive) Galatians 5:19-21.

Christ must never be separated from the Work of the Cross; to do so is to produce "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4). The Cross of Christ is as necessary for Sanctification as it is for Salvation (1 Cor. 1:18).

“If the Believer doesn’t understand the Cross of Christ as it refers to Sanctification, in other words, how we live for the Lord on a daily basis, the only other alternative is “spiritual adultery.” And, to be sure, even as physical adultery destroys a marriage, likewise, “spiritual adultery” will destroy the marriage of the Believer with the Lord. It cannot be otherwise!”

JSM

Last edited:

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians have left their First Love. They are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is called "Spiritual Adultery." If it continues, the scripture says the light is removed! Revelation 2:1-7; Revelation 3:14-19

A transgressor

“18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (revert back to the Law), I make myself a transgressor. (To revert to any type of Law is a departure from God’s Prescribed Order of Victory [the Cross], and is sin).” Galatians 2:18

Works of iniquity

“21 Not every one who says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven (the repetition of the word “Lord” expresses astonishment, as if to say: “Are we to be disowned?”); but he who does the Will of My Father which is in Heaven (what is the Will of the Father? Verse 23 tells us).

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not Prophesied in Your Name? and in Your Name have cast out devils? and in Your Name done many wonderful works? (These things are not the criteria, but rather Faith in Christ and what Christ has done for us at the Cross [Eph. 2:8-9, 13-18]. The Word of God alone is to be the judge of doctrine.)

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you (again we say, the criteria alone is Christ and Him Crucified [I Cor. 1:23]): depart from Me, you who work iniquity (we have access to God only through Christ, and access to Christ only through the Cross, and access to the Cross only through a denial of self [Lk. 9:23]; any other Message is Judged by God as “iniquity,” and cannot be a part of Christ [I Cor. 1:17]).” Matthew 7:21-23

Willful rejection and consequences

“6 My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no Priest to Me: seeing you have forgotten the Law of your God, I will also forget your children. (“My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge,” is the cause of all the problems in the church, and the world, for that matter! The “knowledge” spoken of is the Bible. This “lack of knowledge” was not ignorance, but rather a willful rejection of the Law of God. They didn’t know, but it was because they didn’t want to know!) Hosea 4:6

JSM

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are not many roads or ways that lead to a relationship with God. In fact, there is no other name given under heaven whereby men can be saved but one. That is the precious name of Jesus, who gave His life that all humanity might be saved, at least for those who will believe. The way to God is therefore through a narrow gate, a small door, open to all, but only one person at a time may pass through. Once through that straight gate there lies before the new believer a glorious but difficult road. Nothing could be more magnificent but no road or way will ever demand more from those who choose to travel upon it. It is the way of the Cross. On this path self must be denied, sin must be overcome, the cross is to be embraced daily, and all trust in personal strengths must be laid aside. This is a difficult way, a narrow way, the way less traveled. But the pleasure and strength that is found along the path is joy unspeakable and the grace freely given for the journey is outstandingly awesome. The sad fact remains that there are precious few that will choose this road. Are you one?

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Pastor Loren Larson

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Out of 603,550 men who were readied for war that came out of Egypt under the power of God (Numbers 1:44-46), only two took their inheritance; Joshua (a type of Christ) and Caleb (a type of the body of Christ) (Matthew 7:14).

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Note: Only two finished with "GRACE!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Believers Faith is placed exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, the Believer will enter into the Lord's rest that is carried out by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:2, Hebrews 4:1). This is the only way that the Holy Spirit will deliver the Believer into the death, burial, and resurrection in Christ so that the life of Christ is manifested through the Believer by the power of the Holy Spirit both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Romans 6:3-5, Romans 8:2, 2 Corinthians 4:11, Philippians 2:13). IT IS HIS LIFE THAT BRINGS VICTORY...NOT OURS. JESUS SAID, "YOU CAN DO NOTHING WITHOUT ME! EVERYTHING THAT MAN DOES DIES. EVERYTHING THAT JESUS DOES IS BLESSED, PROSPERS, LIVES, AND HAS LIFE!

If the Believer does not understand this, all scriptures become enticing words to the flesh, that will be attempted by the flesh to perform (Romans 8:2-3, 1 Corinthians 2:4). The Believer now becomes a transgressor (Galatians 2:18). Under Grace, the Holy Spirit carries out the will of God in the Believer (Romans 8:2). Under the Law, the flesh (your own ability) carry's out the Law of God. Under Grace, the new covenant, if Christ is a Law keeper, than I am a Law keeper because I am in Him (Romans 6:3-5, Galatians 2:20-21).

Last edited:
Upvote 0