Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Sung to the tune of 'Silver threads and golden needles'", files: McConnell mastefully calls out Pelosi for celebrating Trump’s impeachment with “golden pens on silver platters”

.@Senatemajldr: "The Speaker distributed souvenir pens to her own colleagues emblazoned with her golden signature that literally came in on silver platters. The pens literally came in on silver platters. Golden pens on silver platters. A souvenir to celebrate the moment."
Well nothing says seriousness and sobriety like handing out souvenirs, as though this were a happy bill signing instead of the gravest process in our Constitution.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh brother! What a baby. We all know how this is going to end. I don’t know why Mitch insists on putting up this facade of impartiality when months ago he was already meeting with the administration to work out Trump’s defense before anything had even been transmitted to the Senate.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh brother! What a baby.

So what is there about McConnell's statement that wasn't true?

"Well nothing says seriousness and sobriety like handing out souvenirs, as though this were a happy bill signing instead of the gravest process in our Constitution."

Weren't some of these Congress Reps almost gleeful in getting their pens? Didn't they have smiles on their faces? (I can provide pictures of them too) Does it appear that Nancy is all sad and sombre as she's signing these documents? And what happened to her black clothes for such an occasion? Was her outfit out at the cleaners? Look the point is if she wanted to be happy about the event than be happy! I'm sure as well that some Trump opposers on here probably are too....fair enough. It's a free country! If however you've tried to build a narrative you're the opposite than I think the country sees through the staged duplicity and know what at least some of these Democrats are truly all about

images

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As Breitbart notes:

However, the use of souvenirs to commemorate impeachment is not entirely new. The Republican-controlled Senate gave out commemorative pens during President Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial in 1999.
I see that mentioned in the articles but it doesn't state how many. But regardless of what Party does this even if both Parties have IMO is the most disgusting, inappropriate offensive thing I've ever seen politicians do. Are they not aware of the hurt and disillusionment that large voting blocks have in regard to see a President they love and honour having an impeachment act like this treated like a joke? Smiles and laughter.....so what did they all do go out and have a party later? Do they feel these type of acts brings healing to a nation? And what will those pens be worth on the market in a future day? So they're going to make some money over a pen that caused great grief? Look if a Party from either side feel the need to impeach then do so but why not STOP playing the obnoxious and distasteful games.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I see that mentioned in the articles but it doesn't state how many. But regardless of what Party does this even if both Parties have IMO is the most disgusting, inappropriate offensive thing I've ever seen politicians do. Are they not aware of the hurt and disillusionment that large voting blocks have in regard to see a President they love and honour having an impeachment act like this treated like a joke? Smiles and laughter.....so what did they all do go out and have a party later? Do they feel these type of acts brings healing to a nation? And what will those pens be worth on the market in a future day? So they're going to make some money over a pen that caused great grief? Look if a Party from either side feel the need to impeach then do so but why not STOP playing the obnoxious and distasteful games.

The Republican party ELECTED an obnoxious and distasteful game. *Sentence removed by mod request* That high ground was lost moment Trump won the nomination.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And what will those pens be worth on the market in a future day?

Probably more than these trinkets from the White House Communications Agency for a meeting that never took place:

Screen_Shot_2018_05_24_at_1.04.08_PM.0.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
From the "Sung to the tune of 'Silver threads and golden needles'", files: McConnell mastefully calls out Pelosi for celebrating Trump’s impeachment with “golden pens on silver platters”

.@Senatemajldr: "The Speaker distributed souvenir pens to her own colleagues emblazoned with her golden signature that literally came in on silver platters. The pens literally came in on silver platters. Golden pens on silver platters. A souvenir to celebrate the moment."
Well nothing says seriousness and sobriety like handing out souvenirs, as though this were a happy bill signing instead of the gravest process in our Constitution.

"Masterfully"? Does McConnell seriously have nothing else to "masterfully" cry over?

Pelosi - 1; McConnell - 0

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Keepsakes aren't always about happy things.
Your baby's first curls, sure. The prayer card from your Grandma's funeral, not so much.

What do you think she should have done with the pens?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that mentioned in the articles but it doesn't state how many.
Actually it does say how many.

As the Associated Press recalled last year, the pens had a glaring typo that made them instant collector’s items: “Last time, [Senators] also signed an oath book and kept commemorative pens the Senate produced for the historic moment, though with an unfortunate misspelling: ‘Untied States Senator'” (emphasis added).

So there's 100 pens out there that have 'United' misspelled on them.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Did they spend tax dollars on those?

Certainly, but I have no idea how many they sold, so it's possible on balance it didn't cost We The People anything.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Republican party ELECTED an obnoxious and distasteful game.

There was no deceitful game in anything of Trump being elected. Everyone knew his mannerisms were shall we say on the strong side. The Democrats however play the game that they're full of restraint and show perspective but clearly show they're not consistent with their claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There was no deceitful game in anything of Trump being elected. Everyone knew his mannerisms were shall we say on the strong side. The Democrats however play the game that they're full of restraint and show perspective but clearly show they're not consistent with their claim.
I just love it when someone says the Republicans are----or the Democrats are ----like all Republicans are the same and all Democrats are the same. It's not true about either group and that type of language just causes more divisiveness.

I don't like Trump at all but most of my friends are Republicans and I like them a lot. My best friend for over 35 years is a conservative, a Christian, and a Democrat that voted for Trump and likes him. Go figure.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief people can talk about both issues and all issues. In regard to the GAO you might want to consider Obama broke those type of regulations about eight times not to mention other Presidents a well.

Seven Times the GAO Found the Obama Administration Violated Federal Law | Breitbart
The headline is incorrect by what is written in their own article, they list 7 but one decision was reversed, leaving six.

The last one was broken by the Trump admin. within months of Ben Carson becoming the head of Housing and Urban Development and by a much larger number, $30,000 over the allowed $5,000, and Trump wasn't blamed for that either.

I'm sure that we could find a few more by the Trump admin. But none of these six were the direct responsibility of Obama and the same wouldn't be the direct responsibility of Trump.

It was Trump's direct responsibility to see that he personally got the consent of Congress to hold the funds. However, I wouldn't agree that alone is reason to impeach him and I don't think anyone has made that statement, it just confirms some of what we were told last fall both by spokespeople and by witnesses in the impeachment hearings. What he really shouldn't have done was try to use those funds to force the President of Ukraine to smear Joe Biden.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Even the partisan Washington Post covered the criticism of Pelosi ...
Nancy Pelosi gave out souvenir pens after sending impeachment to the Senate

“This final display neatly distilled the House’s entire process into one perfect visual,” McConnell said of the black pens emblazoned in gold with Pelosi’s signature, that “literally came in on silver platters.”

“It was a transparently partisan performance from beginning to end,” he said
.​

30-gold-pens.jpg

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even the partisan Washington Post covered the criticism of Pelosi ...
Nancy Pelosi gave out souvenir pens after sending impeachment to the Senate

“This final display neatly distilled the House’s entire process into one perfect visual,” McConnell said of the black pens emblazoned in gold with Pelosi’s signature, that “literally came in on silver platters.”

“It was a transparently partisan performance from beginning to end,” he said
.​

30-gold-pens.jpg

Watching McConnell flip out is entertaining on a bipartisan level.

Maybe Pelosi can wear a tan suit and really make his blood boil?

Upvote 0