“Do you know why I killed your parents?” he allegedly asked the girl. “They’re sex traffickers.”

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Link1

Investigators say that when they captured Marine veteran Bryan Riley outside the Lakeland, Fla., home where he allegedly killed a couple, their 3-month-old son and the boy's grandmother, he told them, "You know why I did this."

But they say they don't and, in fact, may never know why Riley launched an attack against a family he had no known connection with, except that he may have been mentally ill. Riley's girlfriend told investigators that he had been saying he could communicate directly with God.

Riley, who served as a sharpshooter in Iraq and Afghanistan, surrendered Sunday morning after a furious gun battle with authorities. After it was over, a deputy rushed into the home and rescued an 11-year-old girl, who was still conscious despite being shot seven times.

According to Judd and court records, on Saturday evening, about nine hours before the attack, Riley stopped his truck and confronted Gleason as he mowed his lawn. Riley, who lives 30 miles away in Tampa (50 kilometers), told Gleason that God had sent him to prevent a suicide by someone named Amber.

-

Riley told detectives he was “a survivalist” and was high on methamphetamine, Judd said.

-
Link2

[After killing everyone else and the family dog], he allegedly grabbed an 11-year-old girl and took her into the living room.

“Where’s Amber?” Riley asked the girl, according to authorities.

The girl did not know. Her name was not Amber, she said. There was no Amber in the house.

Riley became insistent, investigators say, telling the girl that he needed to find Amber, and began counting down: Three. Two. One.

Then, he shot the little girl in the thigh and stomach, investigators say.

Riley allegedly asked the girl again. When she did not give the answer he was looking for, Riley shot her again, according to authorities.

“Do you know why I killed your parents?” he allegedly asked the girl. “They’re sex traffickers.”

[His girlfriend] said Riley provided security at a church in Orlando about a week earlier and then said he got a message from God to help victims of Hurricane Ida.

...he was acting erratic, unable to sleep and bought $1,000 worth of cigars, his girlfriend told investigators. He said that God told him to buy the cigars as a gift for people impacted by the hurricane, Judd said.

In an interview with detectives, Riley admitted to shooting multiple people, saying “voices and God told him to do it,” according to an arrest report.

--

Obviously, meth and mental illness is an ugly combination. But it might have manifested in handing out cigars to people in FEMA trailers, instead of torturing children and murdering a family, if there weren't people stoking a cloud of nonsense about sex trafficking under every bush.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I don't think you actually believe sex trafficking exists.

Certainly I do. I provided evidence of DOJ indictments that I do not doubt.

However, this person was imagining things or on drugs or insane. As was the woman who killed her children to 'save them' from sex trafficking.

So just like claims of fraud or sexual assault, we look to evidence to determine how believable claims of sex trafficking are.

Or are you saying you believe this gentleman had discovered an actual case of sex trafficking?

Upvote 0