“Depart From Me I Never Knew You" - Who is Jesus talking to?

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion a Christian or Messianic Jew or Messianic Gentile who
has almost no understanding of some of the teaching of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov
and has no open mind to Rabbi Nachman being a partial fulfillment of.......

I had to look up LM to see who you were quoting. And I have no open mind as to Nachman being anything.

Especially as with just the few quotes you have of him, several are anti-biblical.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had to look up LM to see who you were quoting. And I have no open mind as to Nachman being anything.

Especially as with just the few quotes you have of him, several are anti-biblical.

Which ones of these aren't Biblical?

Nachman of Breslov - Wikiquote

"Know! You need to judge every person favorably, even someone who is completely wicked, you need to search and find any little bit of good. By finding in him a little good and judging him favorably you actually bring him over to the side of merit and you can return him in teshuva (LM 282)

"A person also needs to find in himself a little bit of good. Because no matter how low a person is, how can it be that he didn’t do one good thing in his entire life? (ibid)

"Every single Jew has a point in them that is uniquely precious. And it is with this point that he bestows upon, enlightens, and arouses the heart of others. We all need to accept this arousal and this unique point from each other. As it says, “And they receive one from another” (Isaiah 3). (LM 34)

"Every single Jew has in him a portion of God above. (LM 35)

"When a person falls from his level he should know that it’s heaven-sent, because going down is needed in order to go up, therefore he fell, in order that he arouses himself more to come close to Hashem. Advice for him - Begin anew to enter into service of Hashem as if you have never yet even begun (Ibid)

"Whenever a person rises from one level to the next, it necessitates that he first has a descent before the ascent. Because the purpose of any descent is always in order to ascend. (LM 22)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Which ones of these aren't Biblical?

1, 2 and possibly 3. Compare to Psalm 14:3 and Romans 3:12
4. Look up what happens to those who will not listen and obey Yahweh.
The last 2 are mostly good. You must be humble before Yahweh can raise you up.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What do you mean by new information being revealed in the latter days?

For one thing......

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1, 2 and possibly 3. Compare to Psalm 14:3 and Romans 3:12
4. Look up what happens to those who will not listen and obey Yahweh.
The last 2 are mostly good. You must be humble before Yahweh can raise you up.

"Know! You need to judge every person favorably, even someone who is completely wicked, you need to search and find any little bit of good. By finding in him a little good and judging him favorably you actually bring him over to the side of merit and you can return him in teshuva (LM 282)

reminds me of......

Matthew 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

"A person also needs to find in himself a little bit of good. Because no matter how low a person is, how can it be that he didn’t do one good thing in his entire life? (ibid)

.. .reminds me of.....

Phl 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things arepure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

this applies to not just simply criticizing yourself....... and being swallowed by guilt......

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For one thing......

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
I find that vague because it doesn't show what you mean by what new knowledge we have today that Christians didn't have back then? Considering the topic what I don't find vague is when Paul points out that some of their own selves will use his absence to create a following after themselves Acts 20:30. The letter of Jude also describes the state of the Church with similar consequences. There's nothing new about the atmosphere the state of the Church find itself in, the only thing that's changed is how such circumstances expresses itself culturally. Where are these new revelations that you speak of being revealed in the latter days?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I find that vague because it doesn't show what you mean by what new knowledge we have today that Christians didn't have back then? Considering the topic what I don't find vague is when Paul points out that some of their own selves will use his absence to create a following after themselves Acts 20:30. The letter of Jude also describes the state of the Church with similar consequences. There's nothing new about the atmosphere the state of the Church find itself in, the only thing that's changed is how such circumstances expresses itself culturally. Where are these new revelations that you speak of being revealed in the latter days?

What do you personally think of the near death experience account of three year old Colton Burpo made famous in the book and movie, Heaven is for Real?

Did Messiah Yeshua - Jesus know that medical technology would improve in the latter days so that more and more people would be telling us things similar to what perhaps Lazarus was telling to the Messianic Jewish community of his time period?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do you personally think of the near death experience account of three year old Colton Burpo made famous in the book and movie, Heaven is for Real?

Did Messiah Yeshua - Jesus know that medical technology would improve in the latter days so that more and more people would be telling us things similar to what perhaps Lazarus was telling to the Messianic Jewish community of his time period?
Circumstantial evidence and conjecture as to what it all imagines to prove, knowing that many people also go through near death yet without that experience. Not to mention people of different religions like Buddhists NDE see Budda and Hindus have theirs.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Circumstantial evidence and conjecture as to what it all imagines to prove, knowing that many people also go through near death yet without that experience. Not to mention people of different religions like Buddhists NDE see Budda and Hindus have theirs.
And it seems that either Paul or somebody who he knew very well
also had one.

I suspect it was Paul at that time when he was stoned and appeared dead.

2 Corinthians 12: 2
2 Corinthians 12: 3
2 Corinthians 12:4

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And it seems that either Paul or somebody who he knew very well
also had one.

I suspect it was Paul at that time when he was stoned and appeared dead.

2 Corinthians 12: 2
2 Corinthians 12: 3
2 Corinthians 12:4

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
This is an example of conjecture with equating that these visions and revelations Paul writes about had happened at the time when he was stoned and appeared dead, calling it a NDE. Such a point still does not counter the certainty that other religions see their gods and some people don't see anything at all at these moments.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is an example of conjecture with equating that these visions and revelations Paul writes about had happened at the time when he was stoned and appeared dead, calling it a NDE. Such a point still does not counter the certainty that other religions see their gods and some people don't see anything at all at these moments.

True.... but the Atheists who have a near death experience tend to become very spiritual afterwards..... Howard Storm is an Atheist who became a Christian pastor after his NDE.

Many Christians seem to be offended by some of the astonishing things that are shown to
near death experiencers.

Howard Storm:
I asked how God could let the Holocaust of World War II happen. We were transported to a railway station as a long train of freight cars was being unloaded of its human cargo. The guards were screaming and beating the people into submission. The people were Jewish men, women, and children. Exhausted from hunger and thirst, they were totally disoriented from the ordeal of being rounded up and sent on a long journey to an unknown destination. They believed that they were going to work camps, and that their submission to the brutality of the guards was the only way to survive.

We went to the area where the selection process was taking place and heard the guards talking about "the Angel Maker." We went to the place the guards were referring to as "the Angel Maker," which was a series of ovens. I saw piles of naked corpses being loaded into the ovens, and I began to cry. ...."These are the people God loves." Then he said, "Look up." Rising out of the smoke of the chimneys, I saw hundreds of people being met by thousands of angels taking them up into the sky. There was great joy in the faces of the people, and there appeared to be no trace of a memory of the horrendous suffering they had just endured. How ironic that the guards sarcastically called the ovens "the Angel Maker."
I asked how God could allow this to happen. They told me that this was not God's will. This was an abomination to God. God wants this never to happen again. This was the sacrifice of an innocent people to whom God had given the law to be an example, a light, to the rest of the world. This Holocaust was breaking God's heart...."

I asked, Why does God let things like this happen? They told me that God was very unhappy with the course of human history and was going to intervene to change the world. God had watched us sink to depths of depravity and cruelty at the very time that he was giving us the instruments to make the world a godlier world. God had intervened in the world many times before, but this time God was going to change the course of human events.// (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death, page 42,43)

What do you personally think about the amazing changes that some people make after an NDE?

Catholic near death experiencer told she was Jewish...moves to Israel.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
True.... but the Atheists who have a near death experience tend to become very spiritual afterwards..... Howard Storm is an Atheist who became a Christian pastor after his NDE.

Many Christians seem to be offended by some of the astonishing things that are shown to
near death experiencers.

What do you personally think about the amazing changes that some people make after an NDE?
Having an out of body experience tends to dramatically fly in the face of atheistic beliefs. I'm not surprised that a brush with death and having such an experience would make some Atheists question their beliefs. That there is no life after death.

There's being offended and then there is going through the process of discernment. Like the saying goes, don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see. I haven't read any scripture that says by accepting NDE as a form of new revelation, this will automatically exempt such a person from also hearing, “Depart From Me I Never Knew You" - Jesus could just as likely be warning them too.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
this applies to not just simply criticizing yourself....... and being swallowed by guilt......

Guilt is another matter. We are all wretches. The only difference between a believer and anyone else is they are no longer held liable for their sins.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Guilt is another matter. We are all wretches. The only difference between a believer and anyone else is they are no longer held liable for their sins.
A believer is no longer held liable for their sins..... really??? Who is giving out this "get out of jail" card? Give me some scriptural support.

Upvote 0