Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's a link to a short but excellent article from the Mennonite Central Committee.

Courage is knowing what not to fear

Below is an excerpt from the article that should give us all a reason to think beyond the politics surrounding the issues along the southern border.

The ancient Greek philosopher Plato said, “Courage is knowing what not to fear.” Caravans of refugees at our border are not something to fear. It is a humanitarian situation calling for a compassionate response. It is a chance to respond in ways that ask not, “what are they going to take from us,” but, instead, “what can we do to ease their burden?”

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As the son of a legal immigrant, who came to the US through refugee status.

The ONLY people I hear saying fear when it comes to the caravan attempting to come into the country illegally are folks on the left.

They seem to be good at class warfare and fear appear to be a recurring theme.

There is a proper and lawful way to enter the country.

A nation maintains its sovereignty by controlling its borders.

The Democrats are using political partisanship to do everything they can do to resist the President

Plain and simple.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Here's a link to a short but excellent article from the Mennonite Central Committee.

Courage is knowing what not to fear

Below is an excerpt from the article that should give us all a reason to think beyond the politics surrounding the issues along the southern border.

The ancient Greek philosopher Plato said, “Courage is knowing what not to fear.” Caravans of refugees at our border are not something to fear. It is a humanitarian situation calling for a compassionate response. It is a chance to respond in ways that ask not, “what are they going to take from us,” but, instead, “what can we do to ease their burden?”
I don't think this applies, and I don't believe the Mennonites would agree either.

Note several things: the refugee crisis is man-made - it is not people who honestly started off on their own .
Idolatry is rampant. Part of the reason for the man-made crisis is to spread idolatry and to gain control/ or to create disorder, disruption, for 'hidden' reasons. (like an open secret, some people know and are well-aware of what's behind it....

It is not a real situation that needs a "compassionate response" in other words.

A multitude of troubles already for a century and longer has been "man-made" ,
created for political and religious reasons........ world wide, not just in the usa/ border.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think this applies, and I don't believe the Mennonites would agree either.

Why do you say that?

Note several things: the refugee crisis is man-made - it is not people who honestly started off on their own .

A refugee is a sign the country he or she is fleeing can no longer provide basic levels of security. If you were in their shoes, I suspect you would do the same. What do you mean by not honestly starting off on their own?

Idolatry is rampant. Part of the reason for the man-made crisis is to spread idolatry and to gain control/ or to create disorder, disruption, for 'hidden' reasons. (like an open secret, some people know and are well-aware of what's behind it....

Christians who think boundaries created by man are more important than living the values of Jesus Christ is a form of idolatry.
It is not a real situation that needs a "compassionate response" in other words.

I'll take you on a tour of the barrios of San Pedro Sula and show what is a real situation.

A multitude of troubles already for a century and longer has been "man-made" ,
created for political and religious reasons........ world wide, not just in the usa/ border.

Sure, but it seems to me the Christians living in Mexico could teach some of their American counterparts some lessons....

As the caravans traveled through Mexico in October and November, numerous stories surfaced of people coming out of their homes to offer food and drink. “I was worried. I heard they were bad people,” said one woman when a caravan passed through her town. “But then I saw the kids… We don’t have much. But we’re sharing what we can.” When the mayor of another town met a man who was barefoot, he literally gave him the shoes off his feet. Such faithful responses, consistent with the call in Matthew 25, are humbling and inspiring.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A refugee is a sign the country he or she is fleeing can no longer provide basic levels of security. If you were in their shoes, I suspect you would do the same. What do you mean by not honestly starting off on their own?
It was or is relatively well known, someone (to remain un-named here - it's been news though) went to people , thousands of offers were made, giving the people money, food, clothes, showers , daily, to "be" refuges, for the purpose of political and social effects.
Otherwise, the people would have remained where they were.
In other cases, someone high in political / social/ military/ religious/
powers (i.e. dark spiritual forces in high places working thru men) ,
directed confusion , disruption, pointedly towards the various refugee crisis as they have for very very many years, (and very very 'effective' for their purposes NOT humanitarian, NOT right, NOT good, always opposed to God , rebelling against Jesus).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sure, but it seems to me the Christians living in Mexico could teach some of their American counterparts some lessons....
Sorry there is too much too long deception where you are speaking about and what you are speaking about.
The "Christians" in Mexico, have less power than the "Christians" in the USA, socially and politically (more purity and power though, spiritually, in their own isolated lives and areas).
Like the more obvious and admitted for the last 2 years more than ever,
"fake news",
in the news, in society, in the USA and in Mexico as elsewhere,
nothing is at it seems..... honesty is practically non-existent.

Upvote 0