Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Why then does He still find fault? For who can resist His will?” what if He has done so in order to make known the riches of His glory for the objects of mercy, which He has prepared beforehand for glory— Romans 9:19,23

The former way that mankind chose to follow was from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The tree of life that was presented before mankind was/is from God as the real source of edification. What that brings to mind for me is “18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”

A remez in Jewish hermeneutics means deeper meaning or “treasure” found below the surface of, or behind, the words. Psalms 22:6 says “But I am a worm, and no man…” The Crimson Worm’s life reflects the meaning …
The female worm lays her eggs under her body, under the protective shell. When the larvae hatch, they remain under the mother’s protective shell so the baby worms can feed on the living body of the mother worm for three days. After three days, the mother worm dies and her body excretes a crimson or scarlet dye that stains the wood to which she is attached, and also her baby worms. The baby worms remain crimson-colored for their entire lives. Thereby, they are identified as crimson worms.

On day four, the tail of the mother worm pulls up into her head, forming a heart-shaped body that is no longer crimson but has turned into a snow-white wax that looks like a patch of wool on the tree or fence. It then begins to flake off and drop to the ground looking like snow.​

We are reborn under the protection of Christ, our food is assimilating the old nature that transforms us to become Christ to us as our bread and life while we become what we eat.

The red dye from the Crimson Worm was always used in the High Priest’s robe and most likely used on the ram’s skins to create the covering of the Tabernacle in the wilderness.

24 And they shall go out and look at the dead bodies of the people who have rebelled against me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh. Isaiah 66:24

I imagine that to be those who remain in the old nature who are constantly regurgitating that which edifies not.

"Those that are blessed need to take from their hand and give to another hand"

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The economy of our time ‘oikonomia’ is stewardship with the entire universe eventually being under one administration.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 1:10
His good pleasure that He set forth in Christ, as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.​

The Father’s good pleasure as the desire of His heart meets within the Person of the author and finisher of our faith, He Who is the art and soul of Hope, and contained in God’s purpose.

Even God desires pleasures. He desires our Holiness that gives Him pleasure as a reflection of Himself in every shard of our changing person. Yet His desire is being met with that filling. His eternal purpose being fulfilled. Everything was placed in Christ, and everyone was placed before Him, like the tree of life we can eat freely.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The economy of our time ‘oikonomia’ is stewardship with the entire universe eventually being under one administration.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 1:10
His good pleasure that He set forth in Christ, as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.​

The Father’s good pleasure as the desire of His heart meets within the Person of the author and finisher of our faith, He Who is the art and soul of Hope, and contained in God’s purpose.

Even God desires pleasures. He desires our Holiness that gives Him pleasure as a reflection of Himself in every shard of our changing person. Yet His desire is being met with that filling. His eternal purpose being fulfilled. Everything was placed in Christ, and everyone was placed before Him, like the tree of life we can eat freely.

Have a great day!

It seems a bit symbolic and mystical the way that was expressed. If one takes Holy Scripture as presented in the four Gospels ---Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, we can simply see that "He that hath the Son has eternal life, and he that has not the Son has not that life" (as shown in the Epistles: 1 Jn. 5:10 and 11). A true believer and follower of Jesus Christ will find peace and blessing in that assurance by our God in walking and talking with our Savior daily.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems a bit symbolic and mystical the way that was expressed. If one takes Holy Scripture as presented in the four Gospels ---Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, we can simply see that "He that hath the Son has eternal life, and he that has not the Son has not that life" (as shown in the Epistles: 1 Jn. 5:10 and 11). A true believer and follower of Jesus Christ will find peace and blessing in that assurance by our God in walking and talking with our Savior daily.
I’m sorry it didn’t tickle your ears.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 12:22-24
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.​

BUT YOU:

1) have come to Mt Zion

2) the city of the living God

3) to the heavenly Jerusalem

4) to innumerable angels in festal gathering

5) to God the judge of all

6) to the spirits of the righteous made perfect

7) to Jesus, the mediator of the covenant

8) to the sprinkled blood that speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we willfully persist in sin after having received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has violated the law of Moses dies without mercy “on the testimony of two or three witnesses.” How much worse punishment do you think will be deserved by those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which they were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know the one who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.​

Tucked cosily between the sayings of chapter 10 and 12 is the chapter of the men and women of faith who are commended as those awaiting the city built without hands.

Hebrews 11
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Indeed, by faith our ancestors received approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible.
Yet all these, though they were commended for their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better so that they would not, apart from us, be made perfect.

f.f.t

Revelation 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
“See, the home of God is among mortals.
He will dwell with them;
they will be his peoples,
and God himself will be with them

Hebrews 13:14 For here we have no lasting city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

For he was looking forward to the city
with foundations,
whose architect and builder is God.

Hebrews 11:10.​
.​

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 2:16
For indeed He taketh not hold of angels to save them, but of the seed of Abraham.

Hebrews 3:18
But, unto whom, sware he, that they should not enter into his rest, - save unto them who were obstinate?

Hebrews 5:7
Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Hebrews 6:19
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, [a hope] that is safe and secure, and one that enters the curtain [i.e., figuratively, of the heavenly sanctuary],

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 9:28
so the Christ too, after being offered in sacrifice once for all to carry away the sins of many, will appear again but without any burden of sin, to those who are eagerly waiting for him to come and save them.

Hebrews 10:39
But we will not draw back and perish, but we will have faith and save our souls.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, reverently prepared an ark to save his family, and by faith he condemned the world and inherited the righteousness that comes by faith.

Hebrews 11:31
by faith Rahab having given the spies a safe reception, escap'd being destroyed with unbelievers, tho' she had led a dissolute life.

Hebrews 12:13
Cut through and make smooth, straight paths for your feet [that are safe and go in the right direction], so that the leg which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather may be healed.

Source: Search: "sophia"

Have a great day! :wave:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The legal side of redemption is what God has done for us in Christ and that’s in the past. Romans 4:25, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Romans 8:1, Colossians 1:14

(((((((25 who was handed over to death for our trespasses and was raised for our justification. 3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.)))))

and is the vital part of what the Holy Spirit is doing in the new creation ... The Way of Christianity. That knowledge alone can leave one cold and lifeless yet once understood the knowledge is one of what belongs to the new creation in Christ. Knowledge of the rightful place of one who belongs to Abba and the privileges that become The Truth by the ministry of the Holy Spirit thru the Word in us.

A little study of the legal side may help in this 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 3:21-26, Titus 2:14

(((((21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 21 But now, apart from law, the righteousness of God has been disclosed, and is attested by the law and the prophets, 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ[a] for all who believe. For there is no distinction, 23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; 24 they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a sacrifice of atonement[ by his blood, effective through faith. He did this to show his righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over the sins previously committed; 26 it was to prove at the present time that he himself is righteous and that he justifies the one who has faith in Jesus. 14 He it is who gave himself for us that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds. )))))

into some of the vital facts 2 Corinthians 5:17-18, Ephesians 1:17-23

((17 So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; 17 I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, 18 so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power. 20 God put this power to work in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come. 22 And he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. )))

God has revealed what He’s done for us in the process of building the nature and The Life of the Father into the new creations human spirit. Showing the exceeding greatness of His ability on behalf of those who believe. Colossians 2:15, Galatians 2:20, Romans 6:8, Ephesians 2:6

((((15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it. 20 and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 8 But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, ))))

giving us a living picture of the work of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:4-6

((((4 just as he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before him in love. 5 He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace that he freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.))))

We wouldn’t be here reading and studying this if the Father hadn’t drawn us to Himself. Ephesians 3:16-20

((((16 I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, 17 and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. 18 I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.20 Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine,))))

The new inner nature has received the Life and Nature of God and now the Holy Spirit is building up thru the Word the ability to walk as Christ did, dwelling on the ground of faith within the newly created heart. Jesus’ crown of thorns earned for the new creation many crowns to strive toward, the righteous glory of life Ephesians 3:20

((((20 Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine,)))

Which is the power of God in the resurrected life in the new creation. The pleasure that the Father has in His Son finds rest and satisfaction in fitting the new creation into His Purpose. John 16:13-14

((((However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.))))

BUT the mind is a matter of persuasive reasoning “Come, let us reason together”, part of the makeup of human beings. Taking each thought captive to Christ is how we gain the mind of Christ while in the midst of performing our reasonable service Romans 12:1-3.

(((( I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.)))))

The mind of Christ gained from our reasonable service is a new added benefit not available before the NT covenant.

YET that’s not really knowing God. Knowing God is to come to a full knowledge of Him, Father and Son, in the hope of the glory set before us. John 17:3 And as it’s expressed in love,

((((3 And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.))))

THAT is the knowing of Christ Himself. Knowledge that comes from revelation, knowing, the spirit of revelation. Pray for that so as to have the full knowledge of Him. Ephesians 1:17-19

((((((17 I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, 18 so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power.)))))

Knowledge that is foundational to a believer, and is quite necessary.

• Agree
Upvote 0