MO.
✟249,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying that the supposed sinful nature is responsible for sin? You yourself have no responsibility for your sin since you're reborn?
Not sure what you mean by "responsible." We cannot deny that we still sin, but it's not our desire because of God's "work" in us. It's not the will of a believer to sin, but we will (Heb 10:26). If we think we can live without sinning, it shows we just don't understand this issue yet.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟249,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying that the supposed sinful nature is responsible for sin? You yourself have no responsibility for your sin since you're reborn?
That's not what I'm saying, it's just that our understandings differ to much right now!

God's blessings to your Family!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of people who go through life believing they are "saved" until they actually get saved. Then they look back and realize how wrong they were.
I feel like this,
You see I taught I was saved but all I felt were emotions and false Christians around me.
My hope is that one day Jesus really comes to me like He did with Paul. I want the Holy Spirit to change me completely instead of this up and down emotional roller coaster

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟249,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I feel like this,
You see I taught I was saved but all I felt were emotions and false Christians around me.
My hope is that one day Jesus really comes to me like He did with Paul. I want the Holy Spirit to change me completely instead of this up and down emotional roller coaster
Hi JL - Thanks for your input and sincerity! The ups and downs eventually minimize the more we learn of God's Word. Everything hinges on how much the Spirit teaches us as we continue to study it. It also is the only source He uses to bring us to the mature image of the Lord Jesus (2 Cor 3:18). Just remember that all our experiences are validated by the Word, and not vise versa.

The salvation experience is the same as Paul, the Spirit enters our life and rebirth occurs, and it is only "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Rom 8:16), and He only uses His Word, being the Author of it.

Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi JL - Thanks for your input and sincerity! The ups and downs eventually minimize the more we learn of God's Word. Everything hinges on how much the Spirit teaches us as we continue to study it. It also is the only source He uses to bring us to the mature image of the Lord Jesus (2 Cor 3:18). Just remember that all our experiences are validated by the Word, and not vise versa.

The salvation experience is the same as Paul, the Spirit enters our life and rebirth occurs, and it is only "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Rom 8:16), and He only uses His Word, being the Author of it.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not believe in "free will" after rebirth??

Then the forgiveness of sin of 1 John 1 is unnecessary?

The spiritual gift of "free will" exisits before and after the John 3 Salvation Event, and believers can CHOOSE to reject / accept ...then...FOLLOW (or not) the spiritual call and guidance of God the Holy Spirit.

The true doctrine of "FREE WILL"??: Biblical examples??

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Upvote 0