✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Context is king

Context is king except when you purposely ignore the meaning of the words. Harpazo is not soteria. Nuff said. Case closed.
So you don't think "get to live together with Him" is equivalent to "so shall we ever be with the Lord?" They are both saying the same thing, only different words. I am not taking away anything from Harpozo. All I am saying is, when the church is caught up, they are saved from the sudden destruction. This is not ignoring any meanings of words. God back and study chapter 5 again. Those caught in the sudden destruction are caught and cannot escape simply because they were left behind. Left behind is the opposite of harpozo. The church gets harpozo, all the rest get left behind for the sudden destruction. They will not escape for the harpozo is ONLY for those who are in Christ.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saved from destruction is not the same as saved as in saved upon conversion. One is "saved" as a new creature in Christ at the moment of conversion and regeneration by the Spirit = soteria.
On the other hand, "saved from destruction" is AFTER converting to Christ - when one is caught up = harpazo.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you don't think "get to live together with Him" is equivalent to "so shall we ever be with the Lord?" They are both saying the same thing, only different words. I am not taking away anything from Harpozo. All I am saying is, when the church is caught up, they are saved from the sudden destruction. This is not ignoring any meanings of words. God back and study chapter 5 again. Those caught in the sudden destruction are caught and cannot escape simply because they were left behind. Left behind is the opposite of harpozo. The church gets harpozo, all the rest get left behind for the sudden destruction. They will not escape for the harpozo is ONLY for those who are in Christ.
Saved from destruction is not the same as saved as in saved upon conversion. One is "saved" as a new creature in Christ at the moment of conversion and regeneration by the Spirit = soteria.
On the other hand, "saved from destruction" is AFTER converting to Christ - when one is caught up = harpazo. Two completely different words = two completely different events.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand, "saved from destruction" is AFTER converting to Christ - when one is caught up = harpazo.
Soteria has a much broader meaning. It can certainly mean being saved from anything.

Luk 1:71 That we should be saved G4991 from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Act 7:25 For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver G4991 them: but they understood not.

Act 27:34 Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: G4991 for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

This is just three examples. There are more.

I wonder why you fight so over something so simple. Do you have really thick preconceived glasses on?

This is a very simple thing: when the dead in Christ rise, that bringing together of the elements of those bodies, many who have turned into dust, will cause an earthquake. (Mat. 27: the earth did quake...and the graves were opened...)
The rapture, the catching up of those ALREADY saved from hell, will be saved from wrath by being caught up into the sky. If one is not standing on earth, a quake cannot harm them. When this quake hits, the church will be on its way to heaven.

Look at this verse: THINK!

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Is Paul talking about been saved from the fires of hell here? Is He talking about the born again experience here? NO! He is talking about God's wrath and the fact that God will SAVE US from His wrath. HOW? How will God save us from His wrath? What is the CONTEXT? It is the catching up. What does Paul write next, to clinch this thought? "we should live together with him." For those that get caught up, they get to live together with Him. HOW? Because we are caught up with Him - and as Paul wrote in the previous chapter, "so shall we ever be with the Lord."

It would be wise not to fight against truth.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Soteria has a much broader meaning. It can certainly mean being saved from anything.

Luk 1:71 That we should be saved G4991 from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Act 7:25 For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver G4991 them: but they understood not.

Act 27:34 Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: G4991 for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

This is just three examples. There are more.

I wonder why you fight so over something so simple. Do you have really thick preconceived glasses on?

This is a very simple thing: when the dead in Christ rise, that bringing together of the elements of those bodies, many who have turned into dust, will cause an earthquake. (Mat. 27: the earth did quake...and the graves were opened...)
The rapture, the catching up of those ALREADY saved from hell, will be saved from wrath by being caught up into the sky. If one is not standing on earth, a quake cannot harm them. When this quake hits, the church will be on its way to heaven.

Look at this verse: THINK!

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Is Paul talking about been saved from the fires of hell here? Is He talking about the born again experience here? NO! He is talking about God's wrath and the fact that God will SAVE US from His wrath. HOW? How will God save us from His wrath? What is the CONTEXT? It is the catching up. What does Paul write next, to clinch this thought? "we should live together with him." For those that get caught up, they get to live together with Him. HOW? Because we are caught up with Him - and as Paul wrote in the previous chapter, "so shall we ever be with the Lord."

It would be wise not to fight against truth.
Believe as you wish. Also try thinking. God didn't appoint Noah and his family to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the flood. God didn't appoint the Israelites to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the Egyptian plagues. God didn't appoint Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the fire. Same thing with the great tribulation.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Believe as you wish. Also try thinking. God didn't appoint Noah and his family to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the flood. God didn't appoint the Israelites to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the Egyptian plagues. God didn't appoint Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo to wrath yet he saved them in the midst of the fire. Same thing with the great tribulation.

Oh my. Noah did not live in the end times. God had a different way to save Noah and his family. It was not TIME for a rapture when the three went into the fiery furnace. Those are silly arguments. God is not going to set any appointments for us with His wrath. That means, DON'T SHOW UP! The Bride of Christ is going out just before THE DAY begins. The rapture will be the trigger for THE DAY.

When the time comes for the catching up, It will be JUST IN TIME for escaping God's wrath. Of course, because it is all planned by Him.

Look, if you wish to remain behind, set your OWN appointment, I believe God will honor that desire. As for me and my house, we are going out in the first load.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh my. Noah did not live in the end times. God had a different way to save Noah and his family. It was not TIME for a rapture when the three went into the fiery furnace. Those are silly arguments. God is not going to set any appointments for us with His wrath. That means, DON'T SHOW UP! The Bride of Christ is going out just before THE DAY begins. The rapture will be the trigger for THE DAY.

When the time comes for the catching up, It will be JUST IN TIME for escaping God's wrath. Of course, because it is all planned by Him.

Look, if you wish to remain behind, set your OWN appointment, I believe God will honor that desire. As for me and my house, we are going out in the first load.
Believe as you wish but don't claim you were not warned.

Upvote 0