“A coup in America”

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you weren't implying that then what was the point of posting a link that did not answer the question I asked?

Since your question didn't line up with the actual reasons actual special prosecutors are actually appointed I figured a reality check on how the law does work might be appreciated. Guess not.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,282.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Was that your goal then? If not, whoever has that goal seems to be succeeding quite well as no one seems to know what crime was committed that Mueller is supposed to be investigating.

Are you implying by using a link to a document that does not cite any crime that you also cannnot tell me what crime Mueller was supposed to be investigating?

Does anyone else have any idea what actual crime was committed that required the empowerment of a Special Prosecutor?

Anyone who watches NBC, CBS or ABC would know the answer to that question even if they never look at a newspaper. There is strong reason to believe that Russia made a great effort to influence the US electon of 2016 using the internet, including Facebook and other outlets. There is also strong reason to believe that the Trump campaign hoped this was happening and would use any means to weaken the opponent, Hillary Clinton, the Democrat nominee. It is well known that Donald Trump and his associates have an especially close working relationship with Russians and people in the Russian government.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I remember when the Republicans appointed a fella named Ken Star to investigate President Bill Clinton about the suicide death of deputy White House counsel Vince Foster and the Whitewater real estate investments. Several years later, all that came of that investigation was Bill Clinton’s perjury about sexual activity with Monica Lewinsky. Republicans wrote that book, they should be able to guess the ending.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since your question didn't line up with the actual reasons actual special prosecutors are actually appointed I figured a reality check on how the law does work might be appreciated. Guess not.

How does posting a link to something that has no explanation of how the law works help me check the reality of how the law works. If one does not know the answer to the question then one's wisest course is to not pretend that the one asking the question is the ignorant one.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who watches NBC, CBS or ABC would know the answer to that question even if they never look at a newspaper. There is strong reason to believe that Russia made a great effort to influence the US electon of 2016 using the internet, including Facebook and other outlets. There is also strong reason to believe that the Trump campaign hoped this was happening and would use any means to weaken the opponent, Hillary Clinton, the Democrat nominee. It is well known that Donald Trump and his associates have an especially close working relationship with Russians and people in the Russian government.

What exactly are the Russians alleged to have done other than reveal actual things that did happen? Is it your contention that allowing the public to know things that actually did happen is bad for the country? Is it preferable to keep the public in the dark. Does knowing the truth about a candidate interfere with an election?

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who watches NBC, CBS or ABC would know the answer to that question even if they never look at a newspaper. There is strong reason to believe that Russia made a great effort to influence the US electon of 2016 using the internet, including Facebook and other outlets.

...and that is perfectly lrgal. The Russians have as much right to speak their minds about the elections as anyone else. It used to be the Soviet Union that tried to deny its citizens access to Western media. Now it appears that Moscow and Washington have switched places in their geopolitical roles.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How does posting a link to something that has no explanation of how the law works help me check the reality of how the law works

Notice all the numbers and funny s shapes in the memo? Those are references to US law on the subject. Read up on them - you'll learn something.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So how serious is all this?
Is there a chance it will lead to civil war?
Or a dictatorship?
Does the USA need a large scale blood letting to sort itself out?
Pretty much none. Hard core Trump supporters are a small minority.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much none. Hard core Trump supporters are a small minority.

Pssst he has an 86% approval rating with Republicans. Dat ain’t a small minority.

But good sound bite

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pssst he has an 86% approval rating with Republicans. Dat ain’t a small minority.

It also isn't his actual approval rating among Republicans. It's more like in the high 70s, and Republicans are about 40% of registered voters. Kinda lines up with his record low overall approval rating in the mid 30s. I'd be surprised if even half of that were considered hard-core supporters, though.

Why would you think that 3/4s of less than half isn't a minority?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What exactly are the Russians alleged to have done other than reveal actual things that did happen? Is it your contention that allowing the public to know things that actually did happen is bad for the country? Is it preferable to keep the public in the dark. Does knowing the truth about a candidate interfere with an election?
Does cyber security against a foreign power mean anything to you? What about your private emails? Do you mind if someone exposes that to the world?

Even if nothing comes of it, your privacy and security have been compromised. That's worth a investigation, IMO.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It also isn't his actual approval rating among Republicans. It's more like in the high 70s, and Republicans are about 40% of registered voters. Kinda lines up with his record low overall approval rating in the mid 30s. I'd be surprised if even half of that were considered hard-core supporters, though.

Why would you think that 3/4s of less than half isn't a minority?

Because it doesn’t take into account all the Democrats, libertarians and independents that voted for him and still support him.

And you’re quoting the same people who said he would never be president right up until 10 pm elections night.

I understand the need to downplay and degrade, but it is just no based in reality.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Because it doesn’t take into account all the Democrats, libertarians and independents that voted for him and still support him.

And you’re quoting the same people who said he would never be president right up until 10 pm elections night.

I understand the need to downplay and degrade, but it is just no based in reality.

The reality is you have a man the world knows is deranged in charge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I don't know if either of them are up for overthrowing the government.

What are the names of the people I'm quoting? Do you even know?

Upvote 0