Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Secret surveillance, wiretapping, intimidation, harassment and threats. It’s like the old KGB that comes for you in the dark of the night banging through your door.” - Greg Jarrett
sounds like what a number of gossips and religious conformists can be doing

a figurative cou
A woman with a nice figure can make a coup.

And a figurative coup can be simply a change of public figures, with no real results.

I find it interesting how in history there have been educated and civilized countries who have been able to go along with someone like Adolph Hitler, or Saddam Hussein. In their countries' populations they had enough screwball psychopaths ready-to-go to make their regimes work. So, it is likely that since Americans are human, too, there might be quite a number of ready-to-go psycho weirdos who will join in with a rotten person . . . if they feel they can get away with it.

What happens at the tip of the iceberg will be supported by the mass at the bottom of the iceberg.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
They're throwing around scary words to intimidate a captive audience that believes Trump can do no wrong... and more importantly, they're playing on the polarised state of American politics to entrench Trump supporters -- for better or for worse -- to try and make a big stink to distract from the legitimate problems this investigation is clearly honing in on.

This is classic legal strategy. They're effectively going through the techniques of discrediting evidence or witnesses to try and create reasonable doubt. The problem in a case like this is that reasonable is not very reasonable any more because Trump could be caught taking a briefcase of cash from Putin and millions of voters wouldn't bat an eye.

• Winner
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
All 14 of them. And they are angry white people.

I find it interesting that The President has stated numerous times he has no plans to fire Mueller

But the blah blah blah talking heads keep the rumors going and the gullible eat it up.

He also stated numerous times that he'd release his tax returns, but we've seen how that went.

But the blah blah blah Trump said X so, we have to believe it people keep on pushing that type of nonsense.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The irony here is that people, who once were on-board with spreading wild conspiracy theories to destroy a presidency, are suddenly outraged at the idea circulating sketchy info with weak evidence to destroy a presidency.

Just to put things in perspective, there's a lot more information that would indicate that Trump had Russia ties than information that Obama was born in Kenya (and 40% of republicans ate that load of junk hook, line, and sinker).

For the record, I'm not saying I believe Trump was colluding with Russians...if anything, he was an unknowing participant. Just simply pointing out the irony here.

It's no different than the irony of the conservatives who are now chastising liberals for saying "not my president" and being "sore losers" when they were basically doing the exact same thing 8 years prior.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
“Forget about shutting down Mr. Mueller. Do we need to shut down the FBI because it was turned into a KGB-type operation by the Obama administration?” - Tom Fitten, Judicial Watch

I vote that. Imagine the smiles on every criminal's face when they find out they can evade the law entirely simply by crossing a state line.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
They're throwing around scary words to intimidate a captive audience that believes Trump can do no wrong... and more importantly, they're playing on the polarised state of American politics to entrench Trump supporters -- for better or for worse -- to try and make a big stink to distract from the legitimate problems this investigation is clearly honing in on.

This is classic legal strategy. They're effectively going through the techniques of discrediting evidence or witnesses to try and create reasonable doubt. The problem in a case like this is that reasonable is not very reasonable any more because Trump could be caught taking a briefcase of cash from Putin and millions of voters wouldn't bat an eye.
and it's completely sad fox news is pushing this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I do not think that Fox News meant a literal coup, but perhaps a figurative coup, whatever that means?
I'm sure they were being literal, Jeanine and Waters were the main ones pushing this including Hannity.

Not only is this dangerous talk from Fox News, but it boldens extremists.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The irony here is that people, who once were on-board with spreading wild conspiracy theories to destroy a presidency, are suddenly outraged at the idea circulating sketchy info with weak evidence to destroy a presidency.

Just to put things in perspective, there's a lot more information that would indicate that Trump had Russia ties than information that Obama was born in Kenya (and 40% of republicans ate that load of junk hook, line, and sinker).

For the record, I'm not saying I believe Trump was colluding with Russians...if anything, he was an unknowing participant. Just simply pointing out the irony here.

It's no different than the irony of the conservatives who are now chastising liberals for saying "not my president" and being "sore losers" when they were basically doing the exact same thing 8 years prior.

Wait, Obama WASN’T born in Kenya??!!

Upvote 0

Shadow

Site Supporter
May 29, 2015
✟94,972.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Fox [Hysteria] News host Jesse Watters

“But the scary part is we may now have proof the investigation was weaponized to destroy his presidency for partisan political purposes and to disenfranchise millions of American voters,” Watters said. “Now, if that’s true, we have a coup on our hands in America.

[does jesse know what a coup is?]

Words used to describe the Mueller Investigation -- even comparing the FBI to the KGB -

"Witch Hunt"
“illegitimate”
“corrupt"
“on the brink of becoming a banana republic.”

“Secret surveillance, wiretapping, intimidation, harassment and threats. It’s like the old KGB that comes for you in the dark of the night banging through your door.” - Greg Jarrett

“Forget about shutting down Mr. Mueller. Do we need to shut down the FBI because it was turned into a KGB-type operation by the Obama administration?” - Tom Fitten, Judicial Watch

A ‘coup in America?’ Fox News escalates anti-Mueller rhetoric.

Given that is a sensitive and difficult time for America, it would be much better if the media could calm down the rhetoric and give cool heads a chance to prevail. America doesn't need any more partisan politics than its already got.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given that is a sensitive and difficult time for America, it would be much better if the media could calm down the rhetoric and give cool heads a chance to prevail. America doesn't need any more partisan politics than its already got.

Calmness and objectivity do not drive ratings....and besides, FOX would lost it's biggest watcher - Trump.

Reactions: Shadow
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Mueller was appointed, people of all sides noted his excellent qualities.

Christians that believe in Christ risen can pray for Mueller of course, that he weather the storms and help America.

We could also pray for America, that it's people follow the rule of law instead of following men.

And we can pray for those in chruches that have been following men, that they follow Christ instead.

We can pray for both Trump and Mueller, that they feel a strong pull of conscience to do right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the goal, to get you to forget what Mueller is investigating.

Was that your goal then? If not, whoever has that goal seems to be succeeding quite well as no one seems to know what crime was committed that Mueller is supposed to be investigating.

Are you implying by using a link to a document that does not cite any crime that you also cannnot tell me what crime Mueller was supposed to be investigating?

Does anyone else have any idea what actual crime was committed that required the empowerment of a Special Prosecutor?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Thanks for asking, though.

If you weren't implying that then what was the point of posting a link that did not answer the question I asked? Did you quote my question by mistake when you were trying to provide someone else with some information they asked for?

Upvote 0