Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And your point? He fulfilled the law. (John 15:13)
The point Jesus made was that Herod was given all local authority by the Father above. The Fate of Jesus was given to local authorities by God.

John 19:11
Jesus answered him (Herod), “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The point Jesus made was that Herod was given all local authority by the Father above. The Fate of Jesus was given to local authorities by God.

John 19:11
Jesus answered him (Herod), “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above.
and this nullifies the apostles commands how?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and this nullifies the apostles commands how?
Who said we should follow the apostles commands and where did this higher authority say that?

1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Ezekiel 11
19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Jeremiah 24
7 I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts.

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2 Corinthians 3
3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who said we should follow the apostles commands and where did this higher authority say that?

1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Ezekiel 11
19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Jeremiah 24
7 I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts.

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2 Corinthians 3
3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
I cant believe you are this ignorant of scripture. The Lord himself commanded the apostles to teach us His commands (Matthew 28:20)

Can you please explain Matthew 28:20?

Also, why should I obey Romans 13 if I don't need to obey the apostles who wrote it? That's illogical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you folks think is more authoritative, the U.S. Constitution (for U.S. citizens) or the Torah? Just curious.

The constitution and all laws are made for the lawless ...1 Timothy 1:9-10. Knowing this that the law was not made for the righteous man but for the lawless and the disobedient . for the ungodly and sinners , for unholy and profane , for murderers of fathers and mothers , for man slayers , for whoremongers , for them which defile their selves with mankind , for menstealers , for liars , for perjured people and if there be anything else which is contrary to sound doctrine .
I do not have enough knowledge of the Torah if it is the first five books of Moses apart from the translation of Hebrew we have . To me anyway , the constitution allows divorce and remarriage . Jesus calls that adultery . The constitution allows putting you money out to interest . The Torah does not allow usury and Jesus seems to have said to give , not asking anything again .
So , the constitution seems to be contrary to the Gospel but this country was not formed by christians . Those who both wrote and informed the constitution were mostly deist and some who professed a form of christianity ( despite the warning against being unequally yoked with unbelievers) . Also the admonition to obey those in authority and to love the King , were disregarded . So we were formed in rebellion against a king . I suspect we will be destroyed through rebellion since we typically reap what we sow.
I hope that answers your question .

Upvote 0