tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what's sort of odd? I guess AG Barr is actually a good friend of Mueller.
New Trump-Russia subplot: Mueller and Barr are ‘good friends’
Barr and Mueller first crossed paths at the Justice Department during the George H.W. Bush administration. But the relationship goes further: Their wives are close friends who attend Bible study together, and Mueller attended the weddings of two of Barr’s daughters.

“They have a high level of respect for each other,” said Paul McNulty, a former senior DOJ official who led the department’s policy and communications shop while Barr was attorney general and Mueller served as the head of its Criminal Division. “They have maintained a good friendship ever since.”

During his Senate confirmation hearing, Barr praised Mueller’s “distinguished record of public service” and said the special counsel’s probe is proper and should be allowed to proceed without interference. That’s a sharp contrast to the acting attorney general Barr would replace, Matthew Whitaker, who has called Mueller’s appointment “ridiculous and “a little fishy,” among other things.
tulc(just something he's been aware of for a while now) :wave:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would seem that AG Barr has something of an odious track record when it comes to muddying the waters when releasing reports which would be harmful to his boss...

https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/...-omitting-parts-of-justice-dept-memo-in-1989/

"odious" eh? I expect much suspicion and spin in the days to follow over the release of the report tomorrow. All your favorite sources will be feeding the suspicions even rehashing everything that has already been released.

"oh it's my heart,
keeps us apart"

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"odious" eh? I expect much suspicion and spin in the days to follow over the release of the report tomorrow. All your favorite sources will be feeding the suspicions even rehashing everything that has already been released.

"oh it's my heart,
keeps us apart"

You don’t think it notable that the last time Barr was called upon to release his report to Congress he refused, offering instead to provide “a summary of principal conclusions”...? (Yes, exactly those words)

It doesn’t trouble you in the least that his “summary” on that occasion was shown be a dishonest representation of the underlying report?

Again, please try the exercise that I frequently use...imagine this was happening during the Obama administration, with Eric Holder performing in this manner. Still laughing it off...?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don’t think it notable that the last time Barr was called upon to release his report to Congress he refused, offering instead to provide “a summary of principal conclusions”...? (Yes, exactly those words)

What is classified information? What are the laws on client privilege? What is confidential information?

It doesn’t trouble you in the least that his “summary” on that occasion was shown be a dishonest representation of the underlying report?

What is dishonesty as opposed to misinformed or human error? A messenger can only be as accurate as sources of information no?

Again, please try the exercise that I frequently use...imagine this was happening during the Obama administration, with Eric Holder performing in this manner. Still laughing it off...?

Still laughing and will continue to do so until the next Jeopardy episode.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Should I start passing out the tin foil hats now?

Well, you’d need one if this were a case of unfounded allegation.

Unfortunately, this is built on fact.

It is a fact, that Barr refused to release his memo to Congress back in 1989, concerning the FBI’s role in arresting foreign nationals.

It is a fact that the document in question was not classified and could therefore be released in whole to Congress.

It is a fact that, as part of that refusal, he offered a “summary of principal conclusions” of that document.

It is a fact that 21 months later, when the report was finally subpoenaed by Congress, that it was wildly at odds with the “summary” that Barr had provided and that the “summary” served to whitewash the more incendiary issues in the report.

Now, you can pass out the tin foil hats if you wish, but all of the above is documented and well recorded...

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Unfortunately, this is built on fact.

It is a fact, that Barr refused to release his memo to Congress back in 1989, concerning the FBI’s role in arresting foreign nationals.

It is a fact that the document in question was not classified and could therefore be released in whole to Congress.

It is a fact that, as part of that refusal, he offered a “summary of principal conclusions” of that document.

It is a fact that 21 months later, when the report was finally subpoenaed by Congress, that it was wildly at odds with the “summary” that Barr had provided and that the “summary” served to whitewash the more incendiary issues in the report.

Now, you can pass out the tin foil hats if you wish, but all of the above is documented and well recorded...
The point that I am making is that the only reason why this is becoming an issue, and I suspect the reason why you are personally interested in this topic, is because people are not satisfied with the results of the Muller investigation. They seem to believe that there is some conspiracy or cover up taking place. I would put this right up there with the birthers and flat earth groups.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The point that I am making is that the only reason why this is becoming an issue, and I suspect the reason why you are personally interested in this topic, is because people are not satisfied with the results of the Muller investigation. They seem to believe that there is some conspiracy or cover up taking place. I would put this right up there with the birthers and flat earth groups.

Ummmm...we don’t know the results of the Mueller investigation...that’s the whole point...!

People like yourself have been happy to gobble up the extremely narrow and selective “summary” that Barr has provided from just 42 fragmented words of a 400 page report...

And I’m jumping to conclusions...??

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would put this right up there with the birthers and flat earth groups.

Whose arguments fly in the face of the facts.

My point, in contrast, is built entirely upon the facts...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So...Republicans, then? :scratch:
tulc(is sorry, he just couldn't help but point that out) :sorry:
Yeah. I was never a fan of the birther movement to try to get Obama impeached. I didn't like Obama's policies or vision for the country. But I didn't think there was anything that deserved impeachment. Just because I vote republican doesn't mean I have to blindly follow the crowd.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A cover-up sure seems like what Barr is doing here. As I understand it, he's going to have a press conference around 1100 about a redacted report the public - and the press - won't even have. By the time it's finally released around 1400 or so, the only thing we'll have is their propaganda about "total exoneration".

You would think that someone who has supposedly devoted himself to a lifetime of honoring and upholding the law would have more respect for it. You'd also think that a report that was truly as "exonorating" as we have been led to believe would not require such trickery.
Ringo

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm...we don’t know the results of the Mueller investigation...that’s the whole point...!

People like yourself have been happy to gobble up the extremely narrow and selective “summary” that Barr has provided from just 42 fragmented words of a 400 page report...

And I’m jumping to conclusions...??
Fair enough. I guess you are correct that we don't yet know the results of the entire investigation. However, the "extremely narrow and selective summary" that we are happily gobbling up specifically says there was no Collusion with Russia and the Trump campaign. Great! Trump is innocent of, and was actually telling the truth about, his involvement with the Russians. The fact that many on the left (to include Rachel Maddow) were crying after hearing this "extremely narrow and selective summary" shows that the investigation was never about finding truth, rather, it was about getting Trump impeached. But again, you are right. We don't know the full results of the investigation. However, I am predicting yet another meltdown from the left and more hatred.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should I start passing out the tin foil hats now?

A cover-up sure seems like what Barr is doing here.

It is really hard to respond to this in such a way that wont get me reported for goading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough. I guess you are correct that we don't yet know the results of the entire investigation. However, the "extremely narrow and selective summary" that we are happily gobbling up specifically says there was Collusion with Russia and the Trump campaign. Great! Trump is innocent of, and was actually telling the truth about, his involvement with the Russians.

I presume you meant to say “no Collusion” there...?

And that gives a prime example of the desperate Nothing To See Here strategy that Trump and his minions are employing. The report itself says none of that...you are relying on Barr’s opinion of what the report contains...and as has been clearly shown, he has a shabby track record of “summarising principal conclusions” of reports...

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I presume you meant to say “no Collusion” there...?

And that gives a prime example of the desperate Nothing To See Here strategy that Trump and his minions are employing. The report itself says none of that...you are relying on Barr’s opinion of what the report contains...and as has been clearly shown, he has a shabby track record of “summarising principal conclusions” of reports...
Thanks for the catch. I edited my post.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is really hard to respond to this in such a way that wont get me reported for goading.

If you buy what Barr is trying to sell, well....I just don't know what to say to you. Either you're blinded by loyalty to the....person...occupying the Oval Office, or quite naive. Maybe both; dunno.

It just says a lot that we have a four page summary of a 400+ page report, the American people want as much of the full report as possible, and some are trying very hard to spin the "tinfoil hat" propaganda. Surely this is the mark of a truly "exonerated" president.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Be creative...

I can’t speak for Ringo, but you won’t find me complaining about the rough-and-tumble of political debate..

If it’s not some form of cover-up or whitewash, ask yourself a few questions...

Why the refusal to publish Mueller’s summaries, which have been expressly constructed for public consumption.?

Why the almost paranoiac desire to ‘get our story out first’? If, as Barr and Trump claim, the report completely exonerated him, why not let people read it first and allow them to make their own conclusions?

Why the tactic of holding a press conference before Congress even sees the report?

How can a ‘rebuttal report’ be prepared by Trump and his lawyers unless they have been given advance viewing of Mueller’s work?

Does it seem ethical to you that the AG would give the President prior viewing of a report, in which the President is the primary focus?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0