Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
‘Secret’ Obamacare Plan Leads Lawmakers on Hunt Across Capitol

Senator Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican, was first on the scene of the supposed secret location.

"It’s the secret office of the secret bill," Paul told a gaggle of reporters. After being denied entry by a security guard and staff aide, he quickly turned the moment into an impromptu press conference about legislation transparency.

"I suspect public pressure will make them release it," he said.
Paul said in a Twitter posting that he thought the reason House Republicans were keeping the bill secret “is that it’s Obamacare lite” instead of the full repeal sought by many conservatives.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California told reporters that Republicans are “hiding” the bill because they “know how the American people will react.”

Meanwhile, members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus were happy to let everyone look at their proposal, posting a link to their full text on Twitter
Here's the link to the Freedom Caucus Obamacare Repeal Act bill:
Text - H.R.1072 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Obamacare Replacement Act

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I wish more people would pay attention to this. Here is something that the left can call Republicans out on and be entirely correct. Instead, they waste their energy on conspiracy theories and other stupid nonsense. What a freaking mess.

• Agree
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wish more people would pay attention to this. Here is something that the left can call Republicans out on and be entirely correct. Instead, they waste their energy on conspiracy theories and other stupid nonsense. What a freaking mess.
It's "have to pass it to see what's in it" 2.0.

• Agree
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ah, the mythical Obamacare replacement.... first the Right didn't know what it was, then they didn't know where it was... progress!
Rand Paul insisted there was a plan, and now he can't find it. I'm glad I have my passport now just in case.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The Republicans have been hiding their intentions on what they wish to do with the AHA for nearly a decade now, they have been thoroughly called out at every occasion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums