‘Please, God, don’t let me get stopped:’ As arrests surge, immigrants hide – and wait

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were legally amongst the Israelites, and if they chose to stay, to assimilate. They were not "invaders"/trespassers. Nor did they "insult" their host country or despise it.

God did not take kindly to "trespassers".

Are you familiar with those verses too?
Please reference or quote. What regulation did Israel have of foreigners so that some were "legally" resident?

About bad foreigners here, they are uncommon in Austin, Texas among the many I personally know and talked with.

Instead, the immigrants I met, including many undocumented, are good people, hard working, law abiding.

Just telling you the real that I myself know first hand in person.

To paint foreigners as more criminal than natural born US citizens would be a lie for me to say.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please reference or quote. What regulation did Israel have of foreigners so that some were "legally" resident?

About bad foreigners here, they are uncommon in Austin, Texas among the many I personally know and talked with.

Instead, the immigrants I met, including many undocumented, are good people, hard working, law abiding.

Just telling you the real that I myself know first hand in person.

Rest easy, my friend. I'm not hating on immigrants/genuine refugees. I've had many interactions with immigrants/refugees who were in dire straits and i ministered to many, teaching many English and how to read, etc. and advocating and helping in other ways.

The pivotal word here is "legal".

If someone comes into a country by stealth, thus invading it, and has the audacity to "hate" on that country or harbor animosity, they need to kindly re-moooove themselves from said country and go elsewhere. NO ONE has the right to sneak into a country and have ill-will towards that country. If they do not kindly just re-moooove themselves from the country they invaded and are hatin' on, someone else needs to do it.

Shall i continue?

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Instead, the immigrants I met, including many undocumented, are good people, hard working, law abiding".

Undocumented and law abiding? That's a complete contradiction. Whether they are good people or not is irrelevant. There are a lot of immigrants who come here legally and then spend seven years to become a citizen. Someone who crawls under the fence then spends their life taking and not giving back is a complete insult to those who have done it legally.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rest easy, my friend. I'm not hating on immigrants/genuine refugees. I've had many interactions with immigrants/refugees who were in dire straits and i ministered to many, teaching many English and how to read, etc. and advocating and helping in other ways.

The pivotal word here is "legal".

If someone comes into a country by stealth, thus invading it, and has the audacity to "hate" on that country or harbor animosity, they need to kindly re-moooove themselves from said country and go elsewhere. NO ONE has the right to sneak into a country and have ill-will towards that country. If they do not kindly just re-moooove themselves from the country they invaded and are hatin' on, someone else needs to do it.

Shall i continue?

We sure agree that criminals trying to enter the country in order to harm it should be kept out.

But let's talk about the issue of undocumented immigrants coming into Israel in the time when God commanded:
Leviticus 19:34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Please help if you know of any kind of instance where Israel had regulation of people coming into its cities from other nations in the Old Testament at that time (of Leviticus), and 2nd of any time else in the Old Testament.

For instance, if a trader from Syria or Persia traveled to Jerusalem in the time of Leviticus, did they have to get some kind of legal entry pass of any kind? Or could they simply walk in?

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I agree with that, but many immigrants, even illegal ones, don't hate on the country where they moved. So I think those people, as long that they live peacefully without breaking the law (other than the illegal immigration), should have the option to make their immigration legal. Deportation should be reserved to those who make trouble and endanger others.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We sure agree that criminals trying to enter the country in order to harm it should be kept out.

But let's talk about the issue of undocumented immigrants coming into Israel in the time when God commanded:
Leviticus 19:34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Please help if you know of any kind of instance where Israel had regulation of people coming into its cities from other nations in the Old Testament at that time (of Leviticus), and 2nd of any time else in the Old Testament.

For instance, if a trader from Syria or Persia traveled to Jerusalem in the time of Leviticus, did they have to get some kind of legal entry pass of any kind? Or could they simply walk in?

What is being described is "refugees".

God is admonishing/commanding His people to do as it is written all throughout Isaiah, for instance. And that is to not mistreat the poor and helpless and those needing "refuge".

God does not take kindly to those who "invade" and harbor evil intent in their hearts towards the country they are invading.

THAT is why God had "walls" around His cities, and why He had Nehemiah re-build the walls of the city.

God does not take kindly to "wolves" in "sheep's clothing" either, which is "deception" with evil intent.

The bottom line is, if anyone wants to enter a country, it behooves them to do so "legally".

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I also note that, in spite of all this "surge" talk, that ICE deportations do not actually seem to have risen under Trump (2017 numbers seem to be lower than 2016).

54C43B5055814C058DE24735A04D4B9A.png
That's because border crossing attempts have dropped, both before and after Trump.

For all their talk about Obama, he actually deported a huge number of people. Combined with improving conditions in Mexico, this caused a steep drop in crossing attempts. Add in the surge of agents from Trump and even fewer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So according to your logic its ok to break the law?

We can feel compassion for mother and children being separated because she arrived illegally to the country 10 years ago.

It doesn’t mean we have to condone the illegal border crossing.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is being described is "refugees".

God is admonishing/commanding His people to do as it is written all throughout Isaiah, for instance. And that is to not mistreat the poor and helpless and those needing "refuge".

God does not take kindly to those who "invade" and harbor evil intent in their hearts towards the country they are invading.

THAT is why God had "walls" around His cities, and why He had Nehemiah re-build the walls of the city.

God does not take kindly to "wolves" in "sheep's clothing" either, which is "deception" with evil intent.

The bottom line is, if anyone wants to enter a country, it behooves them to do so "legally".

I can agree with each sentence. Now, as our duty as Christians to be good citizens, since we need to try to elect representatives just like many already in Congress who do right -- so that our own representative is like all those other representatives who do right, and allow true refugees to gain safe harbor, here, in America.

I think you agree, but let me know if you do not.

And....another side of this -- in America we are traditionally a nation that accepts refugees.

All. Any who want to come. Economic refugees, often.

Such as the Irish Catholic refugees from the potato famine that came to America in the millions.

The Potato Famine and Irish Immigration to America. Between 1845 and 1855 more than 1.5 million adults and children left Ireland to seek refuge in America. Most were desperately poor...
BRIA 26 2 The Potato Famine and Irish Immigration to America - Constitutional Rights Foundation

That's a good example, don't you agree?

That was a good -- a good thing about America.

We should continue it, including with the millions of Mexican Catholics also (not merely because they are Catholics, but it's illustrative that they are generally, mostly law abiding people, when not hungry to the point of desperation), just like with the Irish.

Don't you agree?

If you agree, then you would support your own representative allowing economic refugees to enter in large numbers, not small numbers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is called compassion.
God is a God of Love, Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness. We live in a day and an age of Grace. Still God is a God of absolute and perfect Justice. How can He do that? Because Jesus went to Calvary to die for the sins of the world. We can only know the Grace of God through the Precious Blood of the Lamb.

Just because we are forgiven does not give us excuse to continue to be lawless. We are forgiven because we repent and turn away from our sin and our state of lawlessness.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is a God of Love, Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness. We live in a day and an age of Grace. Still God is a God of absolute and perfect Justice. How can He do that? Because Jesus went to Calvary to die for the sins of the world. We can only know the Grace of God through the Precious Blood of the Lamb.

Just because we are forgiven does not give us excuse to continue to be lawless. We are forgiven because we repent and turn away from our sin and our state of lawlessness.

I hope in referring to lawlessness as sin, you mean that kind our Lord talks of in Matthew chapter 7. It's not at all about immigration quotas, or being a refugee that some people want to keep out. That lawlessness He talks about is disobeying "love your neighbor as yourself" in it's many forms.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who knows what kind of people she is trying to hide? Obviously up to no good if they are afraid of the police, that’s for sure.
A lot of Mexican and Black are afraid of cops. Even those that didn't break the law. If your not from their roots. Of course, you don't understand.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0