Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A new Australian study published in Archives of Sexual Behavior entitled “Is Sexual Racism Really Racism?” suggests that the answer to that question is probably “yes.” Sex researchers Denton Callander, Christy Newman, and Martin Holt asked over 2,000 gay and bisexual Australian men how they felt about race and dating through an online survey. These men also completed a region-specific version of the Quick Discrimination Index (QDI), a standard survey instrument that measures attitudes on race and diversity.

After putting these two data sets together, the trend was clear: “Sexual racism… is closely associated with generic racist attitudes, which challenges the idea of racial attraction as solely a matter of personal preference.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...s-is-not-a-sexual-preference-it-s-racism.html

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Didn't it find a correlation, rather than showing that all preference is because of racism? ie: Some may be racism, but some may be non-racist preference?

I'd think it depends on what you mean by preference. If you tend to to find some races more attractive than others (and vice versa), I wouldn't say that's racist. I'd say that means you can find some people of all races attractive, but it just happens less often with some.

If you never find anyone of a particular race attractive (or don't admit it), perhaps that's related to racism. But perhaps not.

Reactions: Chad Farwell
Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Racism and sex can overlap in my view.

If a guy is predominately attracted to certain types of white women, and rarely to any physical/personality types of black women, I don't think that is necessarily indicative of racism.

However, tone and diction, understood under the light of cultural tones and context can indicate that the wide spread "No Black Men" posters on Backpages.Com is in some measure influenced by some history of racism (when considering USA cultural history of racism). Furthermore, when you compare those American women prostituting themselves to the nationality of Brazilian women prostituting themselves in Brazil. The latter likes or "loves" ethnic Black-American men.

But the kind of ethnic Black-American men traveling and vacationing in Brazil--for sexual tourism or otherwise--are a stable, professional, economically successful to at least middle-class earnings, and probably more often college educated than not. And probably "older" too. These men will comport themselves differently than you younger ethnic Black-American men from the inner-city.

So, the ethnic Black-American women on Backpages prostituting themselves to white men with posters like, "NO BLACK MEN, I Love White Guys," is in part justified. Some of them probably see white men as easier marks when appealing to their egos and desire to be applauded as superior to black men. Others of them have probably had a lot of bad experiences with young black men that "low ball" on prices, refuse to pay unless other "services" are provided, and/or get aggressive and demean them (white, black, Latinas etc) with jokes with their homies. A lot of them--if it weren't for their hustle of prostituting for cash--likely love that cocky attitude from the young dudes. But when it comes to earning their own bread from servicing these young dudes, then it no longer seems so "cool."

But I think some elements of a looooong US history of racism plays a part too.

Consider how many broke brown and black Brazilian men there are in Brazil. Now how often do you hear brown and black Brazilian women ridiculing them as a whole? Just about close to never.

The long standing practice is grown out of the American culture of racism of divide and conquer within the ethnic Black-American population.

So, there are some layers to the Backpages.Com thing.

In the USA it's kind of like this:

Black man = bad. (Even among black men like Obama)

Black woman prostituting herself to white men = good.

Black woman on welfare with 5 kids = good.

Black woman MD = beyond good and into the magnificent.

White woman = good (unless she dates of her sex with a black man, then white men toss her beneath black women in social status).

White woman wanting to be GI Jane = good.

Man destroyers like Kris Jenner (or whatever her name is) = good.

Bruce Jenner as father but become woman = good.

Asian man = good (in IQ and related matters and martial arts but not as a sexual stud/lover).

Asian woman = good.

White man = good, superb, the standard by which all others on earth are measured against, but simultaneously attacked and ridiculed as the great evil and sexually inferior of black men, by a large swath of modern day feminist and liberals.

Upvote 0

John 1:1 GodCZU

Fret Not Yourself Because Of Evildoers
Sep 5, 2015
San Francisco CA
✟1,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Up next in the polarization programming of the world, preferring pie to cake is not a matter of the individual sweet tooth speaking out. It's "name-a"phobia.

crazy-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif
The world looked so much better before science started making everything a chronic mental condition.

Oh, he's not attractive to me so I must be racist.
Wait, oops, lookie there! He's white too. What now? Hmmm, oh yeah, that's it, he's not my type! Why? Not your business.
Now go make it a "ism", so we can study that some more.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see any social injustice in dating preferences, and how can anyone not have them? It's not like job discrimination or violence against minorities. No one has an obligation to like you.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't see any social injustice in dating preferences, and how can anyone not have them? It's not like job discrimination or violence against minorities. No one has an obligation to like you.

No one as any obligation to give you a job.

Love and sex are more primordial to humans than hourly wage earning.

And feminist--all female body accepting--and vowed indoctrination of boys at the earliest of ages is precisely about men being obligated to love and accept all females sexually and romantically.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Someone who doesn't discriminate about their personal habits in dating are what should be studied.
Promiscuous, exhibitionist, what?

That would be most men. More or less its already been studied with the academic field of inquiry: Sexual Selection.

Which is a sub-theory of the Theory of Evolution.

Women are absolute Nazis in their discrimination (selection) of men. But the vast majority of men are the equivalent of pot smoking, love everyone, tolerant hippies women it comes to screwing the opposite sex. Actually, males will even screw each other. I think some have been known to sit in circles masturbating one another.

Men can be pretty Nazi (discriminating) about who they marry though. Same with "dating" if it means more or less the monogamy of "marriage" without the "ring." But in terms of one night-stands or a single date night out, men don't discriminate too much, almost not at all actually.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Studies show white women are the most attractive to men on average and black men are the most attractive to women on average.

Sadly asian men and black women scored the lowest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Studies show white women are the most attractive to men on average and black men are the most attractive to women on average.

I'd like to see that study.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea...I'm a bit surprised on three of those four results. I'll let you guess which one was expected.
Really?

The only one that kind of surprised me is that black men scored the highest, and that didn't even surprise me very much, lol.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

They didn't show photos of a tan, big butt, Puerto Rican J-Lo?

Combine black men and Asian men and you get Tiger Woods. Basically a dude that is "big" and can do math too. Black but with a good credit score. The only kind of Asian dude white women like.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Oh no!! I'm Asian!!

You have to specific with Asians though - SE Asians like Indonesians, South Asia like Indians, Pakistani, Nepali, and of course, the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese..

These groups look way different from one another.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For some reason the study only included gay and bisexual Australian men. Shouldn't the conclusion of the study say "Sexual racism… is closely associated with generic racist attitudes among gay and bisexual Australian men" rather than "Sexual racism… is closely associated with generic racist attitudes"?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh no!! I'm Asian!!

You have to specific with Asians though - SE Asians like Indonesians, South Asia like Indians, Pakistani, Nepali, and of course, the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese..

These groups look way different from one another.

Maybe it meant all of them.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They didn't show photos of a tan, big butt, Puerto Rican J-Lo?

Combine black men and Asian men and you get Tiger Woods. Basically a dude that is "big" and can do math too. Black but with a good credit score. The only kind of Asian dude white women like.

Yeah. Personally I'd rate black women higher. From talking with my friends over the years the comments torward black women have always been harsh, but I think black women can be really good looking.

A mixture of black and asian is pretty nice. I always thought the Jackson girls looked good. I've read they have some asian ancestry. I am not sure if it's true but it sure looks like it.

Upvote 0