Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1) Death threats and harassing phone calls, especially to a child, are very wrong. I hope the people who did them are found, charged, and convicted.

2) An 8-year old should not be on social media, with the possible exception of sharing family photos, and I'm iffy on that. Putting her out there like that is literally the opposite of protecting her.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s an odd article - allegations but zero proof or examples.

I don't know why it would surprise anyone. lol why you would need examples in this culture? People get doxed and targeted anytime its a hot topic of any kind today. Then the finger pointing begins about who is worse. That's why it continues. Neither side condemns it showing any true backbone.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like the idea of anyone getting death threats.

BUT that assumes it's even true. When you trot out your child to make asinine "jokes" making fun of people's legitimate shock and horror at concentration camps, it's pretty scummy behavior.

I'm not defending the alleged death threats, but it's not like the originators of this were appealing to the better angels of their nature.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
AOC is probably one of the most powerful people in congress. This is because she is the voice of the radical left wing mob. Almost everything that comes out of her mouth, as moronic as it may be, becomes the next progressive talking point or political platform. Why are all the democrat candidates fighting to out-left eachother? Because democrats, to include Nancy Pelosi, are afraid of this radical left-wing mob that they have created. They created a monster that is now on the verge of overthrowing its creator. This little girl made the grave mistake of speaking out against the hive queen of the radical left ANTIFA-like groups. The girl is probably been targeted as another "radical right-winged fascist" who ought to be "silenced" at any cost.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BUT that assumes it's even true. When you trot out your child to make asinine "jokes" making fun of people's legitimate shock and horror at concentration camps, it's pretty scummy behavior.

I haven't paid much attention to it. I think I saw the first one, and in it she did much the same thing as anyone else does with jokes or mocking. Better angels of human nature isn't cool today. Our world is to black and white you can't even debate anything without being accused of stuff. That's been happening for 10+ years now.

Then of course the excuses to justify everything comes out and pretty much legitimizes the scummy behavior on all sides.

I wouldn't have placed my child in that position. I do find the denial rather odd when people speak about how they can see the targeting of this family due to their videos happening, and then on the other hand can't acknowledge it is happening. Everyone knows it true. Turning a blind eye to this dynamic of our culture is what allows it to continue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
‘Mini AOC’ Doxxed And Threatened, Family Shuts Down All Her Social Accounts

“Ava will not be doing any more MINI AOC content,” the tweet said. “The Left’s Harassment and death threats have gone too far for our family. We have been getting calls on our personal phone numbers. For our safety and our child’s safety, we deleted all Mini AOC accounts.”
If she received death threats, those need to be turned over to the police. Doxxing and death threats are not acceptable

But also the parents should not have put an 8 year old out there mocking not just AOC, but the camps they have put immigrants in, which according to the IG of Homeland Security, are awful. It is a touchy subject and I would never put my children out there on social media to be criticized.

Did her mocking include that obscene photoshopped pictures show up in a private facebook group for CBP officers?
Bet not.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't condone the threats, but what kind of parents would allow their 8 year old daughter to be on social media and expose her like that? I wonder if the little girl was pushed into it by her parents.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't condone the threats, but what kind of parents would allow their 8 year old daughter to be on social media and expose her like that? I wonder if the little girl was pushed into it by her parents.

I believe the parents did allow/encourage this in the hopes their daughter would become famous enough to be able to get into acting.

We can sit and criticize the parents for that, but there are a LOT of child actors and actresses and we would have to criticize all those parents equally.

This little girl is an ethnic minority herself, and her parents likely thought it would keep her safe from the left wing mob, especially considering America's long history of political parody (think SNL etc.) and it being a socially acceptable thing to do. (at least formerly)

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the parents did allow/encourage this in the hopes their daughter would become famous enough to be able to get into acting.

We can sit and criticize the parents for that, but there are a LOT of child actors and actresses and we would have to criticize all those parents equally.

This little girl is an ethnic minority herself, and her parents likely thought it would keep her safe from the left wing mob, especially considering America's long history of political parody (think SNL etc.) and it being a socially acceptable thing to do. (at least formerly)

I would say that her parents are either really ignorant and naïve or they were just unconcerned for her well being if they thought she would be safe on the internet, especially with the political climate being so volatile as it is now. They willingly exposed their vulnerable little girl to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say that her parents are either really ignorant and naïve or they were totally unconcerned for their daughter's safety if they thought she would be safe on the internet, especially with the political climate as it is now. They willingly opened their vulnerable little girl up to be exposed to the rest of the world.

What your doing here is blaming the victims - and yes, the parents are victims too.

Freedom of speech, especially political speech, is a constitutionally protected right in this country, a country with a longstanding history of political parody as a result.

It's always been taken in good humor. So to blame the victims because the left has gone off the rails trying to silence all political speech they don't agree with, is wrong in every sense of the word.

It's never the victims fault they were victimized, most especially when they didn't do anything wrong.

It's not an eight year old child's fault that she's getting death threats, she's not the violent one, and neither are her parents.

I mean, when someone is the victim of a home invasion is it their fault because they have nice things?

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It's kind of weird to condemn "the left" for threats that we haven't seen. We don't know how many there were, who they were from, or what the content was.

Yeah, because it's definitely coming from those critical of AOC ^_^
The mental gymnastics involved here is truly astounding. Leftists are willing to believe 40 year old accusations from someone with a vested interest and a clear political bias, but as soon as it comes to threats against children that doesn't suit their agenda, of course they don't believe any of it.

You shall know a tree by its fruits

• Agree
Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's kind of weird to condemn "the left" for threats that we haven't seen. We don't know how many there were, who they were from, or what the content was.
Good point. Was it one, two, a few more? How many people involved?

No one should receive death threats.

And condemning the entire Left ("the Left") for it, as seen in this thread, is not called for. Or is the entire Right responsible for the actions of Cesar Sayoc's actions of sending pipe bombs to at least 7 Democratic targets?
Though when it comes to threats, on the Republican side, it starts at the top:
Trump Again Threatens Violence If Democrats Don’t Support Him
One of Donald Trump’s favorite riffs is a wish, cast as a warning, that his supporters inside and outside the state security services will unleash violence on his political opponents if they continue to oppose the administration. The specifics of the riff don’t vary much. Trump laments that his opponents are treating him unfairly, praises the toughness and strength of his supporters — a category that combines the police, military, and Bikers for Trump, which he apparently views as a Brownshirt-like militia — and a prediction that his supporters will at some point end their restraint.​

Again, no one should receive death threats. Threatening harm is not okay.

I would like to see who threatened a young girl. I would like to see some of the threats. But then I don't think the President should threaten either.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Did you happen to see them beat up the young conservative reporter the other day?
Maybe it was only shown on Fox News.
Fair and balanced as usual.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What your doing here is blaming the victims - and yes, the parents are victims too.

Freedom of speech, especially political speech, is a constitutionally protected right in this country, a country with a longstanding history of political parody as a result.

It's always been taken in good humor. So to blame the victims because the left has gone off the rails trying to silence all political speech they don't agree with, is wrong in every sense of the word.

It's never the victims fault they were victimized, most especially when they didn't do anything wrong.

It's not an eight year old child's fault that she's getting death threats, she's not the violent one, and neither are her parents.

I mean, when someone is the victim of a home invasion is it their fault because they have nice things?

No, I also blame the people on the left who threatened her, but I blame her parents too.

Upvote 0