Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Trump survives this impeachment, and I'm sure he will, I'm then certain he will be reelected. So my point was, even these migrants apparently don't have faith in the House Democrats case for impeachment against Trump, otherwise you would think that would be what they are hoping for first rather than hoping he doesn't get reelected some months later.

I doubt illegal immigrants from central America have any idea what the case for impeachment is. I don't think it's even a consideration for them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
well I haven’t changed my mind about how we mistreat immigrants whether legal or not . Puerto Ricans are american citizens and they get treated like they’re illegal and like juvenile delinquents just by walking down the street.
Changing the subject now, are we??

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt illegal immigrants from central America have any idea what the case for impeachment is. I don't think it's even a consideration for them.

I noticed that you called these illegal immigrants. What makes them already illegal before they have even crossed into the US illegally? That assuming they try to sneak into the country instead.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that you called these illegal immigrants. What makes them already illegal before they have even crossed into the US illegally? That assuming they try to sneak into the country instead.
And why are these Central American refugees so much more to be feared than the ordinary economic migrants who try to sneak in?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And why are these Central American refugees so much more to be feared than the ordinary economic migrants who try to sneak in?

You got me. I don't know why. I at least respect the way they are trying to go about it, that being the legal way. I have zero respect for how some other immigrants have gone about it by sneaking in instead. These latter are the ones that need to be evicted, while the former are the ones that need to be seriously considered for entry into the US. But even so, I would rather have some of the former minus all of the latter, versus some of the former plus all of the latter still.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s not illegal to come here and ask for asylum. Trump is trying to make that difficult . As I’ve said we Americans need to do better. Abusing desperate people is not something I’m proud of as an American. My son’s mother in law fled an abusive arranged marriage to a high muckety muck in another country. She couldn’t stay in her home country because her husband had political power. Women now can get sent back to abusers . The same for people fleeing gangster violence where they threaten to kill your family . So they come here and get their children taken from them and subjected to deliberate neglect.

Who said it was illegal to come here and ask for asylum? No one. ???

Asking them to wait for trial is what everyone else has to do from all over the world, and can't just walk to the border.

I knew a woman that came from Turkey, and escaped here from an abusive marriage as well. She was pregnant at the time, and he killed one of the twins from a beating she received. DV wasn't illegal there, and he had connections (gangs as you called them) to make her life - and those of her family - very dangerous. They (her parents and her) came here after all kinds of ugly things happened to her family. Things that would never be allowed here or many places. They secured the proper paperwork, and a way to get here legally. She still has legal avenues she has to deal with, and thankfully he has been restricted from our country. He will harm them if he finds a way to get here, and he has tried all kinds of protests and legal maneuvers to get her back. We seem to forget that at times monster's like her husband can also find ways in illegally. I have no doubt in my mind if he finds a way? It's not going to be pretty.

I know another one from Italy, but her story is a bit different. Neither of their backgrounds didn't include violence in nature. She also is doing it the legal way, and has served in our Armed forces. They both had to prove their cases, and follow up with stuff during the process.

Neither of them had their children taken from them, and subjected to deliberate neglect. They both - and many others - followed the process the way they had to. We need to stop and ask ourselves WHY this isn't happening in other circumstances. We can't say that their stories are anymore urgent than people from other parts of the world. They can be just as dead as the ones at the borders.

• Informative
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

We're talking about the ones in Mexico waiting to enter the US, aren't we?

Well they illegally entered Mexico...hence illegal immigrants.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Calling them refugees implies their request for asylum has merit.

Judging by the numbers, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're talking about the ones in Mexico waiting to enter the US, aren't we?

Well they illegally entered Mexico...hence illegal immigrants.

In that case, I see your point. I agree, that would make them already illegal immigrants.

• Agree
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.