‘I need answers’ - American mom presses Holness to intervene three years after daughter’s unsolved..

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
American model Desiree Gibbon’s unsolved murder has forced her family to call for the intervention of Prime Minister-designate Andrew Holness three years since the heinous killing.

‘I need answers’ - American mom presses Holness to intervene three years after daughter’s unsolved murder

Aunt of N.Y. woman killed in Jamaica receives chilling call from dead niece's phone

I just wanted to share some thoughts and questions about this. First, many Jamaicans may not be familiar with the video of her, I did not know initially that there was a video of her until some time after. The video is in the second link. I think this video needs to be analyzed much more.

(1) First about the video of her in the second news link.

- Desiree was talking to the security and it seems as if she was talking to him/ them for a while, what was she talking to him/them about for so long especially at night? Was she asking the guards for a particular person? It seems as if she was waiting for someone.

Perhaps there is more information that the security could give. I think they may know much more. What especially that create red flags for me personally is that the security said that Desiree said "She will soon come" but as she was leaving the bed and breakfast she did not stop at the security again, she simply walked pass quickly.

Gibbon arrived in the island nation on Oct. 20, looking for work that she hoped would pay for film school in Europe.

She stayed at her grandmother's bed and breakfast inn while looking for bartending gigs.

About 11:20 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, just days before her flight home, she walked out of the inn, dressed in shorts and flip-flops.

She was carrying no wallet or ID, police told the family.

"She told the security guard she'd be right back," Cali-Gibbon said. "Nobody spoke to her after that."

Her body was discovered two days later, down the street from an abandoned house.

"The caretaker just so happened to go that day," Cali-Gibbon said. "Desiree could have been there so much longer."

Mother of model fatally knifed in Jamaica tearfully plans funeral at church in Queens Village

In the 3rd frame of the video (camera 3), Desiree was seen at least 00.45 at the security talking to them, she stayed in view of the security until 01:05. Then she moves out of view at 01.05 but she is still in the vicinity of the security nearby I assume, so who was she speaking with, why did she moved out of view? Perhaps the guards may have heard her call a name.

Desiree then enters the security view again at 01:23. By 02.02 she has now left the frame and is heading back to her room.

- (Camera 1 Frame 4)The other thing about the video is, did someone drive and pick Desiree up, which is what I assume because she was eventually found at a longer distance. If so did the video pick up the car passing by. For example, there was a cars passing by the gate shortly before she left the hotel (bread and breakfast) grounds, the one nearest to the time was 03.16 and it seemed as if the car slowed down while passing by the hotel and then continues driving. When you are a driver and waiting on somebody to come from somewhere, one tends to slow down a little to see if you see the person and then if not park somewhere until they come. Earlier about 02.58 another car (it seemed like a car came out of nowhere) passed by as well.

When Desiree left the hotel she walked to the left which is the same direction the cars previously drove pass the hotel (bed and breakfast). Also, she looked comfortable like she knew exactly where she was going, where do Desiree normally go to the left to when she leaves the hotel? Did anyone use to pick her up at times or meet her there on that area she was walking to. At 03.56 another car passed by shortly before leaving the hotel (bread and breakfast), it was heading to the right.

(2) What about Desiree's friends? Did she made only local friends in Jamaica (Jamaicans who born and live in Jamaica), did she also make non-local friends (tourists, Jamaican non residents) Who were all the persons she came in contact within Jamaica? Did she accomplish what she wanted in Jamaica, which was to work and make money, and if so where did she work?

(3) What about her cell phone? Who did she communicate with on the night she disappeared and throughout her trip. I know that the mother obtained information from the phone and when she came back to Jamaica her phone could not be found which may signal a coverup. Was it a U.S phone or a Jamaican cell phone she had when she disappeared? The news said she left with her American phone, why would she just leave with her American phone only if a local Jamaican person was picking her up? Did she have a laptop etc If she did information could be on it. Did she send emails to someone? Check to see if you can have access to her emails even if she did not bring a laptop, maybe this will help.

All these questions above are rhetorical questions and is directed to the mother not the police.

Her mother in my opinion should continue using her private investigator, try and get Desiree email records in America etc Let the private investigator enhance the video etc to see if there is something more there and let him continue to investigate. It is troubling to see that, no matter the evidence that has been put forward, according to the mother, have been either destroyed or disregarded (such as the phone records, no DNA taken from the shoe etc). As such depending on the police alone in Jamaica is not an option the mother can afford to take.

Additionally, her mother needs to take a fresh look on everything and everyone not only in Jamaica, who knew her but anybody who knew her in the U.S.

In Jamaica oftentimes the killer can be anybody the person knows especially someone close to them. It could be staff at the hotel being involved, or know much more than they are letting on, such as the security. It could be friends, family, co worker/workers etc

Last edited: