• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

‘I am the Chosen One,’ Trump proclaims, defending trade war with China

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by jayem, Aug 21, 2019.

1. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+4,098
    Atheist
    Married
    President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared himself “the Chosen One” as he defended his administration’s actions in the ongoing U.S.-China trade war...

“This isn’t my trade war, this is a trade war that should have taken place a long time ago,” Trump told reporters outside the White House.

“Somebody had to do it,” the president said. He added, while looking to the heavens: “I am the Chosen One.”

'I am the Chosen One,' Trump proclaims as he defends trade war with China

Interesting choice of words. Can anyone imagine Pres. Obama, or Bush, or Reagan saying anything like this? There can be no clearer demonstration of this man's overwhelming megalomania. The DSM-5 discussion on the characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder can just show a picture of Donald Trump.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+11,484
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Well, his base has been telling him that for a while. I guess he's starting to believe it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+22,904
    Anglican
    Married
    This thread was already started by another member.

4. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,754
    Christian
    Married
  5. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+6,574
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    In a thread not open to everyone.

6. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,705
    Methodist
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,394
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Clinton sold us out to China. He justified himself by fighting for human rights in China. But he still sold out the american worker to put money in his pocket. To this day they still unbolt factory machinery and put it on a boat and send it to China. Only they are using robotics and they are not really equipped to set up a modern assembly line in China the way they can in this country. My son is a computer engineer that has interned for Smuckers and Purell. Smuckers is very advanced and very up to date. Purell has a very long way to go. They bought the old Rubbermaid factory and are only using half of it. So they still have a lot of room to grow. They still have a lot of products that they can develop. It takes alot to set up the software to run a modern factory now.

Ford, Edison & Firestone began the modern assembly line. Everyone is still scrambling to keep up with what they began back with the Model A Ford.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Nithavela

Nithavela Building a stairway to home depot

+11,159
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Indeed, trolling is what Trump does.

9. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+8,796
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    He's like the emperor with no clothes, except his base hasn't figured out he's a naked, raving megalomaniac yet, and they're the only ones he is actually concerned with outside of himself (and he's only concerned with them because they provide him with the constant adulation he apparently needs to live/keep tweeting).

I will be happy when he is out of office, whether that is next year or later, and we can think and hear about him about as much as we do George Bush Jr. now. Maybe he can take up painting like Bush v. 2 did, and paint all the magnificent, epic paintings of himself that I'm sure he's convinced he should have.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,428
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Seems to be all he does.

11. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,374
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Nuts.

12. Silmarien

Silmarien Existentialist

+3,989
    United States
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Another excellent episode in the ever popular The U.S. Government: The Reality TV Show.

13. BrotherJJ

BrotherJJ New Member

+38
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    America CHOSE Donald Trump to be the President of the United States. President Trump carried 304 Electoral College votes, only 270 are needed. So...

14. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,773
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Getting rid of Electoral College votes are long over do. Every time a president gets elected that way. A nightmare seems to happen .

15. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,563
    Judaism
    Married
    It's against the rules to attack America.

16. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,669
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Read the quote in context.

You guys are so sad.

He’s talking about taking in the trade war with China. No other President would do it.

It’s obvious that he is the chosen President who will take on China.

17. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,749
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    I just knew that there would be a thread about this topic today.....

18. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,563
    Judaism
    Married
    I watched the video. He turns toward the sky when he says it.

19. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,669
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yeah right :)

20. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,563
    Judaism
    Married
    Yeah right what?