‘Help us, don’t kill us’: Africans plead with Biden to not fund abortion in their countries

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'We appeal to Joe Biden, please do not sponsor abortion in Africa'
‘Help us, don’t kill us’: Africans plead with Biden to not fund abortion in their countries

A diverse group of Africans has appealed to U.S. President Joe Biden in a powerful video
to not fund abortion in their countries.

The video, titled A Message for President Biden: The Unified Voices of Africa, was released last week in response to the Biden administration’s announcement that it would repeal the “Mexico City Policy” which would restore foreign aid to organizations involved in abortion.

“We appeal to Joe Biden, please do not sponsor abortion in Africa,” states a woman named Ujunwa who is a university lecturer in the video put out by Culture of Life Africa.

A student named Ellen states in the video that abortion is against African culture. “In my culture, we support life from the beginning till the end. I’m against abortion because abortion is about killing innocent babies in the womb of their mothers,” she said, adding that she’s “against funding of abortion in Africa by any foreign country.”

A doctor named Ursula made it clear that Africa does not “need” or “want” abortion. “I do not want the United States of America and this present government to fund abortions in Africa. We’ve never needed abortions and we do not want them.”

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A ridiculously large percentage of African aid goes to funding abortion. As if the world is saying, you people are too many - akin to Pharoah ordering the male Hebrew newborns to be killed. I am usually wary of claims of systemic racism and such, but the extent abortion is supported in Africa gives me pause.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A diverse group of Africans has appealed to U.S. President Joe Biden in a powerful video

The video, titled A Message for President Biden: The Unified Voices of Africa, was released last week in response to the Biden administration’s announcement that it would repeal the “Mexico City Policy” which would restore foreign aid to organizations involved in abortion.

“We appeal to Joe Biden, please do not sponsor abortion in Africa,” states a woman named Ujunwa who is a university lecturer in the video put out by Culture of Life Africa.

A student named Ellen states in the video that abortion is against African culture. “In my culture, we support life from the beginning till the end. I’m against abortion because abortion is about killing innocent babies in the womb of their mothers,” she said, adding that she’s “against funding of abortion in Africa by any foreign country.”

A doctor named Ursula made it clear that Africa does not “need” or “want” abortion. “I do not want the United States of America and this present government to fund abortions in Africa. We’ve never needed abortions and we do not want them.”
Didn't Joe Biden say he was going to put America on the moral high ground in his administration. This is embarrassing. People should not have to plead with us not to be evil.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

What has happened to Biden's Catholic beliefs? He believes but doesn't follow them?

• Agree
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't Joe Biden say he was going to put America on the moral high ground in his administration. This is embarrassing. People should not have to plead with us not to be evil.

It's more than embarrassing to be represented by evil - it's evil.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What has happened to Biden's Catholic beliefs? He believes but doesn't follow them?
I know this is easy for me to say but the Catholic Church should stand up for themselves by taking serious appropriate action, making it clear that Catholics do not condone what is going on.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is easy for me to say but the Catholic Church should stand up for themselves by taking serious appropriate action, making it clear that Catholics do not condone what is going on.

There were some articles about them deciding whether or not to allow him to take communion, but I think they decided to allow. Why, I didn't follow up on. Too much to read on what seems a simple issue. I think I recall some headlines re: disagreement within the CC on the decision. On the surface, I agree with you, BTW.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"But but but, it would be evil not to commit genocide against the next generation of Africans. ... "

When evil is called good, you know we're in trouble... and they call us racist.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There were some articles about them deciding whether or not to allow him to take communion, but I think they decided to allow. Why, I didn't follow up on. Too much to read on what seems a simple issue. I think I recall some headlines re: disagreement within the CC on the decision. On the surface, I agree with you, BTW.

As a general rule, I think its up to individual Bishops... seems some of them would refuse him communion, and others wouldn't. The Catholic church in Washington D.C. isn't all that Catholic from the sound of it... or maybe it's too Catholic, and not enough Christian faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We don’t fund abortions. The ban was on funding going for other services to groups that also do abortion, and to referring women who want aBortion to places that do it. A lot of headlines describing the change have been sloppy.
Intentionally so I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don’t fund abortions. The ban was on funding going for other services to groups that also do abortion, and to referring women who want aBortion to places that do it. A lot of headlines describing the change have been sloppy.
So "not funding abortions" = funding the surgeons & institutions performing abortions?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How is this not a new form of colonialism? Except whereas the old colonialism built things and provided the saving Gospel, this new liberal form demands the death of millions of brown people across the world?

Basically the USA is telling brown people they will abort their children, they will submit to global liberalism.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
How is this not a new form of colonialism? Except whereas the old colonialism built things and provided the saving Gospel, this new liberal form demands the death of millions of brown people across the world?

Basically the USA is telling brown people they will abort their children, they will submit to global liberalism.
This looks like partisan rhetoric to me. No one is forcing abortions on people, nor as far as I know are we trying to force countries to allow them. The previous policy attempted to make them unavailable. We're returning to a neutral stance. We are funding women's support without considering whether organizations also perform abortion, but we are not funding abortion itself. For better or worse, many and maybe most, organizations interested in promoting women's health also perform abortions.

I understand that this is unacceptable to people strongly opposed to abortion, but the American people are split, with slightly more in favor of allowing them. Adopting a neutral policy properly represents current American values, even if it's not your values.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This looks like partisan rhetoric to me. No one is forcing abortions on people, nor as far as I know are we trying to force countries to allow them. The previous policy attempted to make them unavailable. We're returning to a neutral stance. We are funding women's support without considering whether organizations also perform abortion, but we are not funding abortion itself.

I understand that this is unacceptable to people strongly opposed to abortion, but the American people are split, with slightly more in favor of allowing them. Adopting a neutral policy properly represents current American values, even if it's not your values. For better or worse, many and maybe most, organizations interested in promoting women's health also perform abortions.

If US tax dollars are going to organizations which offer abortion as a service, then the USA is funding abortion. This is unacceptable to anyone with a Christian conscience.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If US tax dollars are going to organizations which offer abortion as a service, then the USA is funding abortion. This is unacceptable to anyone with a Christian conscience.
Anyone with a conservative Christian conscience.

Upvote 0