Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Archbishop Arthur Roche and Vatican spokesman Greg Burke both denied the rumours

The Vatican has denied rumours that a secret commission is creating an ‘ecumenical Mass’ that would allow joint Communion between Catholics and Protestants.

Greg Burke, director of the Holy See press office, and Archbishop Arthur Roche, the second highest-ranking official in the Congregation for Divine Worship, both strongly denied the reports after days of speculation.

Archbishop Roche told journalist Christopher Lamb that the rumours were “utterly false”, while Mr Burke said they were “simply not true”.

more....

Jim

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Archbishop Arthur Roche and Vatican spokesman Greg Burke both denied the rumours

The Vatican has denied rumours that a secret commission is creating an ‘ecumenical Mass’ that would allow joint Communion between Catholics and Protestants.

Greg Burke, director of the Holy See press office, and Archbishop Arthur Roche, the second highest-ranking official in the Congregation for Divine Worship, both strongly denied the reports after days of speculation.

Archbishop Roche told journalist Christopher Lamb that the rumours were “utterly false”, while Mr Burke said they were “simply not true”.
I'm going to go ahead and trust you on this, and trust them.

At the same time I am going to let out a tiny glimmer of hope that some day the ecumenical gap will be reduced so that it would be possible to have one Eucharist, not while believing this or that or the other thing, but actually united in one faith.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,209.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You cannot have "united in one faith" and "not while believing this or that or the other thing" at the same time.
Um, I mean differing on this or that or the other thing.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Which means they ARE NOT united in one faith. Maybe I am not understanding you..sorry
Ok. Look. I want us all to get together with one Eucharist, AFTER we all agree and are finally united in one faith. Not until we agree. Which we don't yet. No cart before the horse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums