‘Dictatorships often start in the face of a threat’: UN privacy chief warns...

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is the best president in US history.
This is patently false.

Name his greatest achievement as president and keep in mind Lincoln united a fractured nation and freed the slaves. If Trump’s done anything greater than that, I’d love to hear it.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Noah prayed for his family and God moved every mountain on the planet with a flood that covered Mt Everest and carved the Grand Canyon. Nothing to do with plate tectonics, mountains were smashing through everything in the fast moving flood water.
How does enough water to cover Everest only carve a canyon in Arizona and where did all this extra water go?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In this case, though, the people with the guns are on his side.
But let's face it they are never going to do anything apart from waddle around flouting common sense by gathering for Facebook photos saying 'muh freedoms' and *cough* *cough*

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Shame on them, then, wherever they may be, but it does not mean that I want to suffer under the yoke of religious intolerance in this country.
But how do we determine, what's right and wrong. What standard do we use to determine what's acceptable as a society.
The moral standards of the progressive left continue to evolve, so things which used to be criminal acts are now acceptable and encouraged.
That kind of progress always leads to state sanctioned murder of innocent people.
I would prefer "religious intolerance" than murder.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I’m right, though. I’ll wait for you to substantiate your claims with baited breath.
There's no point in sharing the truth with someone who doesn't believe in truth. Jesus created everything that exists and He has full control over every atom in the universe.
He can smash a planet as easily as crushing a boiled pea, and He answers every prayer of believers. He parted the red sea for Moses and He smashed every mountain for Noah with a world wide flood where the water moved very fast and carried broken mountains with it.
The Grand Canyon was carved out by huge mountain sized rocks smashing their way through.
As I mentioned before, we don't share these miracles and answered prayers with non believers. God said, that unbelievers will desperately look for signs and evidence, but He will hide it from them.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They don't test the DNA of possible victims of the virus. Knowledge is the enemy of conspiracy theories.
Not supporting conspiracy theories. I really hate them (Area 51 anyone?). I'm only raising possibilities based on what I know about human nature and the current state of our country and culture. Three points that can come into play are what I'm throwing out there - power, greed and animal rights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Found this article which I thought was interesting and kind of supported some things I said earlier, though at least this company isn't trying to hide their use of genetic information. But they are seeking more personal information such as where people live, which I personally wouldn't...

Why Does Covid-19 Make Some People So Sick? Ask Their DNA

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I accept your concession of the point.
I accept the fact that I can't convince you, that God answers every prayer. The only way you'd believe it, would be for God to come down in person and move a mountain to prove that prayer works.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The only way you'd believe it, would be for God to come down in person and move a mountain to prove that prayer works.
Shame that’s never going to happen, isn’t it? I guess I’m one of the billions who God does not value enough to show himself to.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Shame that’s never going to happen, isn’t it? I guess I’m one of the billions who God does not value enough to show himself to.
But it will happen, God promised to come back to earth and He said that everyone who ever lived will see Him.
He also said that everyone already believes in His existence, but they deny it in unrighteousness. He said that He revealed himself through His creation, so they are all without excuse.
The real scary part is His promise to come back as a man of war, He said He's coming back to wage a war against the world, in which billions will die.
After this last battle of human history, He will raise everyone who has ever lived from the grave and judge them. He said He would divide them into two groups, one group will be cast into hell and the other will inherit eternal paradise.
God described hell as a place of eternal torment in flames, where there's no escape and the body never burns up or ceases to exist.
We can't even imagine how horrible it will be for those in hell to realize that, they will have to suffer for all eternity.
I opened a car's radiator when the car was overheating and I was burnt with pressurized hot water, and the pain was the worst I'd ever experienced. So for the whole body to burn forever, is the worst possible punishment imaginable and billions will be cast into it.
We all have the opportunity to repent now and be saved from hell. That opportunity is not available when we die or when Jesus returns and finds us in our sin, so we shouldn't play Russian roulette with our eternity.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That opportunity is not available when we die or when Jesus returns and finds us in our sin, so we shouldn't play Russian roulette with our eternity.
You're taking no less risk than atheists are. We could both be wrong and be damned by a god neither of us thought existed.

Upvote 0