‘Day of the rope is coming’: Black church terrorized by Nazi and KKK threats of lynching

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
DUMFRIES, Va. - A Prince William County church has been targeted with messages of hate over the weekend. Church members at Greater Praise Temple Ministries in Dumfries said they found racist and anti-Semitic signs posted at the church’s front entrance on Sunday.

FOX 5 was told it took about two hours for police to respond to the predominantly African American church after it was reported and it is the first time an incident like this has happened here.

The church may seem small from the outside, but inside Greater Praise Temple Ministries, some say there is a love so big that it fills up the entire room.

Read the rest @ Racist, anti-Semitic signs placed at Dumfries church

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/day...rrorized-by-nazi-and-kkk-threats-of-lynching/

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Really sad. Christians must understand that this is an attack on the whole Body.

If it is legit, I agree. Sadly, I think that we have to wait until the person is caught. Remember that guy who was calling in threats to Synagogues back at the start of the year? He was a left-wing nut who hated racists. I am not saying that the congregation had anything to do with it, but they may have been a target of someone who wanted to "start a conversation" as it were. I say assume nothing but what we know, and show support for the church in question.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it is legit, I agree. Sadly, I think that we have to wait until the person is caught. Remember that guy who was calling in threats to Synagogues back at the start of the year? He was a left-wing nut who hated racists. I am not saying that the congregation had anything to do with it, but they may have been a target of someone who wanted to "start a conversation" as it were. I say assume nothing but what we know, and show support for the church in question.

Fake hate crimes are common enough that you could make a good case for assuming that a hate crime is fake until it is proven to be authentic.

It's easy to see why they are they so common:
  • Even with the number of hoaxes revealed in past years, it is rare for most people to question or to even investigate them. Thus the hoax doesn't have to be very good to work.
  • The response to them generally is pretty big, certainly much bigger than could be hoped for from any other attempt to drum up support for a cause.
  • Even when hoaxers are found out, they are very rarely punished. Indeed, many people will make excuses for them, saying that they were pressured into faking things in response to real hate that went unnoticed, or saying that they "started a conversation," as in your case, which justifies the deception.
Put that all together and you have an action which is easy, has the potential for a large payoff, and has little potential for negative blowback. All in all, as long as you don't care about acting immorally by lying, it looks pretty attractive.

Of course it could be that this is an actual threat by some white supremacist groups. Fake crimes are common, but they aren't universal, after all.

The most responsible thing to do is to wait and see until more solid information comes out.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Let's just assume that it was the people of that church who put up the sign and burn their church down for slandering good people.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fake hate crimes are common enough that you could make a good case for assuming that a hate crime is fake until it is proven to be authentic.

It's easy to see why they are they so common:.....................

Of course it could be that this is an actual threat by some white supremacist groups. Fake crimes are common, but they aren't universal, after all.

The most responsible thing to do is to wait and see until more solid information comes out.
I didn't realize how prevalent that was, but have never really looked at it till now. Surveillance cameras could help.

What is fueling fake hate crimes across the U.S.?

WASHINGTON – Last week, an Indian-owned store in Charlotte, N.C. was set afire, a rock thrown through the window and a racist note left behind. It read, in part: "We need to get rid of Muslims, Indians and all immigrants." It was signed, "White America."

Days later, police arrested a suspect. He was not a white supremacist, nor a Donald Trump supporter, nor Caucasian. He was an African-American man, 32-year-old Curtis Flournoy.
Surveillance video showed him lighting the fire.

The FBI does not track fake hate or false flag crimes, making them nearly impossible to quantify..............

Despite their huge drain on police resources, fake hate crimes are usually classified as misdemeanors. Dietz believes elevating them to felony status would go a long way to ending them.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Let's just assume that it was the people of that church who put up the sign and burn their church down for slandering good people.

You've got a point there. I mean, why would the KKK and neo-nazis attack a black church? That's crazy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I hope the investigators are successful.
Hope the church gets security cameras, if they don't have them already. They are so inexpensive now.
I hope the investigators are successful.
Hope the church gets security cameras, if they don't have them already. They are so inexpensive now.

not just churches, everyone should have them, including dash cams for your car.

They are under $100 and well worth it. In fact, some security cameras and flash drive recorders are under $50

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
not just churches, everyone should have them, including dash cams for your car.

They are under $100 and well worth it. In fact, some security cameras and flash drive recorders are under $50
I heard they are so cheap they even put them on cops.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DUMFRIES, Va. - A Prince William County church has been targeted with messages of hate over the weekend. Church members at Greater Praise Temple Ministries in Dumfries said they found racist and anti-Semitic signs posted at the church’s front entrance on Sunday.

FOX 5 was told it took about two hours for police to respond to the predominantly African American church after it was reported and it is the first time an incident like this has happened here.

The church may seem small from the outside, but inside Greater Praise Temple Ministries, some say there is a love so big that it fills up the entire room.

Read the rest @ Racist, anti-Semitic signs placed at Dumfries church

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/day...rrorized-by-nazi-and-kkk-threats-of-lynching/

Isn't it true that rawstory.com a far left propaganda machine?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You've got a point there. I mean, why would the KKK and neo-nazis attack a black church? That's crazy.

I just think that it is better to wait for the facts before losing my mind. I will admit that I find it unusual for hate groups to just use signs, rather than the typical spray paint and/or burning down the church. Either they are the most polite hate mongers I have ever heard of, or it's someone trying to stir things up even more than they already are.

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isn't it true that rawstory.com a far left propaganda machine?

The title I posted was from rawstory. I knew I'd get complaints about it. The body of the OP is the abc news story. I included both links.

I just think that it is better to wait for the facts before losing my mind. I will admit that I find it unusual for hate groups to just use signs, rather than the typical spray paint and/or burning down the church. Either they are the most polite hate mongers I have ever heard of, or it's someone trying to stir things up even more than they already are.

I love how we only need to wait and see when it comes to crimes against minorities or liberals. I'm not surprised though. I was just sharing the info in light of all the KKK threads we'v had lately. Fear and intimidation is often a goal if not outright violence. So, if true, I don't think they are being polite at all.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The more I read your posts, the more sensible they seem.
d527a6836ab7972d6100cb05b5b769193554c1b5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
love how we only need to wait and see when it comes to crimes against minorities or liberals.

I never said that. Is that what you think? That's pretty biased. We should always try and avoid jumping to conclusions when it comes to stuff. Back when the last guy was in office, some woman carved a 'B' in her face and claimed it was done by his supporters. Lots of people started losing their minds over it, while the rest of us were wondering why the B was backwards.

I'm not surprised though.

I am. I would have never thought you were biased against minorities and liberals that way.

I was just sharing the info in light of all the KKK threads we'v had lately.

Which is fine? "Let's not set ourselves on fire just yet" != "Who cares!"

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)