LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christian means that a person believes in Christ as a savior. I was Christian for a good chunk of my life. Christians have not been all happiness and smiles throughout history, and sadly, some of this falls well within their dogma.
In Christianity, only the Catholic Church has dogmas. So which dogma of the Catholic Church are you referring to?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In Christianity, only the Catholic Church has dogmas. So which dogma of the Catholic Church are you referring to?

I'd like to point out that the Catholic Church is not the only one to have dogmas. The Orthodox Church also has dogmas, quite a few of them. Both of the ancient churches have dogmas. It was dogma that the Church laid out that kept the heretics from taking over, such as Arius (the one that St. Nicholas of Myra punched at the 1st Ecumenical Council in Nicea) and Nestorius (among others). Doctrine/dogma is very important. It is important to know what Christ teaches, so that heretics don't manage to pull Christ's sheep away. There are very clearly doctrines/dogmas of the church that are not negotiable. Those would include what is in the Nicene Creed (without the filioque for the Orthodox which adds "through the son" to the doctrine that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father) that is required for all Christians posting in the Christians only part of Christian Forums. What is in the Nicene Creed is dogma and is non-negotiable.

Upvote 0