‘Biden Team’ Requested Twitter Scrub Scandalous Hunter Biden Info Days before 2020 Election

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
60 failed cases in the courts
Election laws were indeed broken, so courts have ruled. The perpetrators need to be brought to justice. We know now that federal agencies and Big Tech worked with the Biden people in a hoax to fool the American people. So did the corrupt media.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Election laws were indeed broken, so courts have ruled. The perpetrators need to be brought to justice. We know now that federal agencies and Big Tech worked with the Biden people in a hoax to fool the American people. So did the corrupt media.
Wow, quite the conspiracy theory you have there.

Exciting times for you ahead as you patiently wait for this all to explode in the courts.

Meanwhile, back to boring old reality for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Election laws were indeed broken, so courts have ruled.
This is vague enough that it could mean anything. Are there links to actual court rulings, or do we just have to assume it is things like this attempting to be passed off as something related to the thread topic :

And so on...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's not a threat. If govt feel the need to regulate then they go through the government processes required to do such a thing.
I'm not denying that regulation can be necessary. However, that's not something that should be used to prod a company to behave a certain way. It's one thing to bring them in, tell them you intend to regulate them, and then gather the appropriate information.

It's another thing entirely to tell them to do as you say to avoid regulation.

But, if govt went to Twitter and said "remove this Biden hunter laptop post or we are going to then heavily regulate your business" then that would be a threat, and it would be in the public's best interest to know about that.
But, this didn't happen. At least, no evidence has yet been presented of a threat like this happening.

Interesting story, but this didn't happen.
The Democrats didn't send the FBI to warn tech companies about Russian misinformation.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I know the names of the agents. This is old news. You're out of your depth.
Social Media platforms are not covered by the 1st amendment. They don't have to give free speech to their users.

For now. They also aren't under any obligation to stifle it.

They can and do choose to moderate. And often this comes down to moderating away hate speech, and messages that may lead to violence and misinformation that may lead to unnecessary deaths (such as misinformation during a pandemic)
It's their choice. They can do as they please.
Or....they may allow these things to run rampant. If every user on this platform who spread misinformation was banned....I don't think we'd be talking.

Noone is threatening Elon. If he has evidence of crimes, he should publish them or better yet, go to the authorities.

Haven't read the news lately huh?

What he has published so far about the Hunter Biden laptop, does not show that the FBI told them to suppress articles about the laptop, does not show that the Democrats pressured them to suppress such articles.

Well when Mark Zuckerberg openly admits it happened to an audience of around 10 million....I think we can trust it happened. Otherwise the FBI would be arresting him now.

All it shows is that they were made aware, around the time, by the FBI that some Russian disinformation was going around
Which they shouldn't be doing. The government should not be deciding for the public what can be spoken of. They shouldn't even suggest it.

I'm not an Australian. But, wow, what a statement to make. Characterising all Australians like this. You really should feel ashamed of yourself.
Also, I'm not pretending anything. I'm just asking for some evidence, any evidence in support of the claim that you have made.
It really is a serious claim. Don't you think it should be supported by evidence?
I know you're not an ozzy....

I know you're a kiwi.

check out my posts to Bradskii sometime...he claims to be an ozzy.

sometimes I call him a Kiwi. It's all accidental....definitely not because I know you two are so touchy about it.

Quarantine camps??????
Oh, that's right, I remember seeing such silliness spoken by Fox News Opinion show hosts.

No quarantine camps then?

Seemed pretty credible. I remember footage of people trying to escape them. Fake news?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
State courts have ruled elections laws were broken. The Biden people secretly worked both with the FBI, Justice Department, and Big Tech to fool the American people in order to get Joe elected. That sounds like a "rigged" election to a lot of people.

I agree it's playing dirty. It's probably even against the law in regards to the actions of some underlings. I always tell my boss I'll need his verbal order in writing if I think it might be considered dereliction or criminal.

The problem is that unless it can be shown to have changed the outcome...there's not much point. We can throw some people in jail, but unless we can prove Biden orchestrated it....he's staying.

That's a tall order.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The article in the OP states that there were a total of 5 posts that the Biden campaign asked to have removed - all of which contained nude photos of Hunter Biden. The DNC requested a further two - at least one of which was a very poorly censored nude photo of Hunter Biden (the article doesn't provide the content of the second). Twitter's rules forbid the posting of nude photos of an individual without their consent, so therefore it was not out of line to request their removal.

And requesting the removal of seven posts does not constitute "burying the story". Based on the information provided in the article, it appears that the decision to censor the Hunter Biden laptop story more broadly was made by a few top Twitter execs (though not the CEO, Jack Dorsey), initially based on the policy forbidding the posting of hacked materials. There's no indication that the Biden campaign, the DNC, or any government entity was part of that decision-making process.

So the FBI received Hunter's laptop a year prior to the election....and then before the story is released in October, they go around to social media execs and tell them a "story" about "Hunter Biden" and his "laptop" which holds criminal activity is just Russian misinformation to alter the election....

And they know this is a total lie. They had the laptop for a year.

You don't see that as suppressing a story?

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

So the FBI received Hunter's laptop a year prior to the election....and then before the story is released in October, they go around to social media execs and tell them a "story" about "Hunter Biden" and his "laptop" which holds criminal activity is just Russian misinformation to alter the election....
From that article, it sounds as though there were two separate communications from the FBI. First, they warned of a potential "hack and leak" operation (maybe focused on Hunter Biden, depending on who you believe). That would seem to be accurate, if perhaps slightly pushing the definition of "hack" - though I struggle to come up with a better term for it, given that this was private info on a private device.

The second communication was about potential Russian misinformation surrounding the election. It was apparently non-specific, and some Twitter execs interpreted the Hunter Biden story as fitting the bill. It's hard to say whether or not that was intentional.

You don't see that as suppressing a story?
It could be (depending on intent), but that's not what we were talking about. We were specifically talking about the requests to Twitter from the Biden campaign and the DNC to have posts removed that contained nude or otherwise private photos in violation of Twitter's policies. I see absolutely nothing unethical with that.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I know the names of the agents. This is old news. You're out of your depth.
We know that FBI warned some social media platforms that Russian disinformation was going around.
This is the half truth about this right wing propoganda doing the rounds right now.
What they add to the truth is a little bit of unverified lie. They are saying the Dems sent them, but not providing any evidence for such a thing.
Of course the Democratic Party were not in control of the FBI, they were the opposition party at the time, not the ruling government.

For now. They also aren't under any obligation to stifle it.
No legal obligation and no govt pressure either. But as a private business they can choose to do what they want. And they freely made this choice. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise. Just baseless conspiracy.
Haven't read the news lately huh?
Provide links please
Well when Mark Zuckerberg openly admits it happened to an audience of around 10 million....I think we can trust it happened. Otherwise the FBI would be arresting him now.
Provide links. I'd like to see where Mark tells that he was pressured or coerced. Where he says he felt threatened. What he feared the ramifications would have been if he didn't comply. I'd like to see where he says specifically he was told to take down Hunter Biden laptop information, or where he ties this to Democrats.

Half truths are not good enough. Be specific and tie all the necessary pieces together so that your claim is fully supported.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Kayleigh McEnany was locked out her personal Twitter account after she shared the New York Post story on the Hunter Biden laptop and an email linking Joe Biden to his son's job for a Ukrainian energy company. The idea at Twitter was to suppress the story so Joe could get elected.
"The idea"? You have twitter taking the same pass on the story as FOXnews. Did FOX also do this "so Joe could get elected." I mean, given at the time the events of the story, who wouldn't take pause.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The idea"? You have twitter taking the same pass on the story as FOXnews. Did FOX also do this "so Joe could get elected." I mean, given at the time the events of the story, who wouldn't take pause.
Twitter was SUPPRESSING all mention of the story, shutting it down on a public forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Twitter was SUPPRESSING all mention of the story, shutting it down on a public forum.
That doesn't answer my question. Fox passed on publishing it, does that mean as you alluded that they were trying to get Joe elected?

Upvote 0