Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
State candidates know their communities best, and I think many would want more flexibility on the abortion issue, whether to ban abortion or to place some restrictions on the procedure

Our state legislature is filled with callous, coldhearted hypocrites who pat themselves on the back for fitting a narrow definition of pro life. I would love to see a legislature that served the common good and a better mix of party representation.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
State candidates know their communities best, and I think many would want more flexibility on the abortion issue, whether to ban abortion or to place some restrictions on the procedure

Our state legislature is filled with callous, cold-hearted hypocrites who pat themselves on the back for fitting a narrow definition of pro life. I would love to see a legislature that served the common good and a better mix of party representation.

What is their narrow definition?

I am personally in the middle. Banning abortions after 6 weeks is too early, but there is no reason to wait until the second trimester to make the decision. So I call myself pro-choice because pro-lifers oppose first trimester abortions even before women know they are pregnant, but that does not mean I support letting doctors do it for any reason after the third month. Unfortunately no Democratic candidates agree with me on the issue and I have to accept one man's position when I vote next month.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When I talk about a narrow definition of pro-life I talk about those who, if they had their druthers, would end every social program instituted by FDR up to the present day. They exist, and in states like mine, in great number.

Have you ever heard of fathers in casual relationships referred to as "sperm donors?" Those who are narrowly pro-life have that sperm donor mentality. After birth, they're nowhere to be found.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh yes, I have definitely seen the "sperm donor" reference. It is derogatory, but men who don't care if an infant grows up with his/her father deserve to be called that. They know humans are meant to grow up in a mom-dad household.

I decided to be a Democrat after learning about the New Deal. Later I started getting Social Security as a disabled dependent and Medicare in addition to my private health insurance despite not being an old lady. No matter what anyone says about the national debt and higher taxes, I cannot support any reductions of those two programs.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0