Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Why did you make this same bogus claim twice?

I made the same correct claim twice.

And no, all monotheists do not believe in the one same god. Just ask dad if his god is that same god as that of the Muslims. No matter what one of them worships a different god.

Sure and ask him how old the Earth is too. Who cares what dad thinks?

And you are also ignoring polytheists.

I'm not ignoring them, I'm simply noting that they're in the *tiny* minority.

Why make the false limitation to monotheists?

Why ignore the consensus today? Do you also hold belief in an Earthcentric universe too while you try to roll back the clock a few thousand years?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No. The religions that people adhere to are different, but monotheism is based on the premise that there is only one God. You can't claim to hold no beliefs about God and claim there are multiple gods too! It's a question of trying to have your cake and eat it too. :)[/qoute]

Yes, but it is, now listen carefully .... a different God.

Just because they agree, somewhat, that there is only one God that does not mean that they worship the same one. Your logic skills are slipping, again.

Only in your dreams did I admit anything of the sort. :)

Actually you did. Once again, you mimicked me. But then, as you just showed in the first part of your post, your logic skills are lacking.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I made the same correct claim twice.

Nope, you made the same error twice. And now who knows how many times that you have made it.

Sure and ask him how old the Earth is too. Who cares what dad thinks?

Mike, you can't ask something that does not exist a question. Once again, poor logic skills on your part.

I'm not ignoring them, I'm simply noting that they're in the *tiny* minority.

Wow! Not even close.

Try again.
Why ignore the consensus today? Do you also hold belief in an Earthcentric universe too while you try to roll back the clock a few thousand years?

What are you talking about? Just because you made an error that you keep insisting on repeating does not mean that others are rolling back the clock.

Hear is a clue for your latest error, Hinduism is for the most part not a monotheistic religion.

Last I checked it was number three when it came to religions.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, this is just an argumentum ad populum argument. Wind back the clock a couple thousand years and you'd likely be arguing for polytheism.

Except for the existence of polytheistic religious beliefs, even in the modern world today. To arbitrarily dismiss those beliefs seems a bit... biased.
Could you give an example of s religion that is polytheistic in our present world

Thanks

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is ignoring anything, except for perhaps you. The gods that these monotheists worship are different gods. All one has to do is to see what they think that the god wants.

That does not work when you are so obviously wrong. But thanks for admitting that you are wrong by mimicking me.
Nobody can just "see" what a spirit wants until the spirit reveals himself to the person

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why did you make this same bogus claim twice?

And no, all monotheists do not believe in the one same god. Just ask dad if his god is that same god as that of the Muslims. No matter what one of them worships a different god.

And you are also ignoring polytheists. Why make the false limitation to monotheists?
There's only ONE GOD...ONE HOLY SPIRIT...ONE TRUTH and TESTIMONY

However, there are many spirits

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Rubiks - If you'd like to have the thread locked because it has veered from your topic, just ask a moderator to close it for you. There's usually a moderator online, and if you send him or her a PM with a link to this thread it will probably be closed quickly.

I hope the video I posted was useful. Here's another source: "Just a Theory": 7 Misused Science Words
I'll PM you any others I think of that might be helpful to you. :)

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, you made the same error twice. And now who knows how many times that you have made it.

Mike, you can't ask something that does not exist a question. Once again, poor logic skills on your part.

Wow! Not even close.

Try again.

What are you talking about? Just because you made an error that you keep insisting on repeating does not mean that others are rolling back the clock.

Hear is a clue for your latest error, Hinduism is for the most part not a monotheistic religion.

Last I checked it was number three when it came to religions.
Thank you
That answers my question about a present day religion that worships spirits who are most certainly not god

because there is only one GOD and HE is the FATHER of the LORD JESUS CHRIST

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you
That answers my question about a present day religion that worships spirits who are most certainly not god

because there is only one GOD and HE is the FATHER of the LORD JESUS CHRIST
Again, if you want to claim that your religion is any more "TRUE" than the others then once again the burden of proof is upon you.

If you can't support your claim it would appear that your beliefs are no more valid than those that worship a different God than you do.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Could you give an example of s religion that is polytheistic in our present world
Hinduism - 3rd largest religion, over one billion followers or 15% of the global population; by numbers, ~2/3 the size of Islam, and ~1/2 the size of Christianity. They popularly claim up to 330 million gods and goddesses, depending on sect.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine, your claim. That means the burden of proof is upon you.
The townspeople didn't react that way to the woman at the well's claim

They did, EXACTLY, what all men given the GOOD NEWS are called to do for themselves

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about?
Seek for yourself

You have heard witnesses testifying to a TRUTH

You are responsible to look into it

Those who seek shall find
Those who ask it shall be given
Those who knock The DOOR shall be opened
And HE will come in and eat/fellowship with you and you with HIM

And you'll learn of HIM from HIM

Then you too like the townspeople will say "we no longer believe by your words but we have heard HIM for ourselves and we believe that this is the SAVIOR of the world

Upvote 0