Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Привет, Valeriy. Это очень приятно. (Sorry that's Russian. I don't know any Ukrainian.)

Welcome to Christian Forums. Do not worry about your English. It is fine and if there are any mistakes that could cause misunderstanding hopefully people will ask you to explain what you meant. We're all just trying to support one another. I hope you will find your time here helpful. Maybe you would be interested in the Eastern Orthodox subforum of this website, The Ancient Way. The people there are usually very friendly and helpful to new members.

May the Lord keep you and your family and community safe in this time of great trouble for your country.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,370.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ласкаво просимо на християнські форуми !!

I hope that's correct as though I can sing Liturgy in Ukrainian I cannot speak it.

I hope you enjoy being here with us

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟177,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. My name is Valeriy. I am an Orthodox Christian from the Kyiv region. I belong to the UOC. This is my first time at an English-language forum. So I apologize for the mistakes in English.
Hi and welcome! Your English is beautiful.
:hi:

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. My name is Valeriy. I am an Orthodox Christian from the Kyiv region. I belong to the UOC. This is my first time at an English-language forum. So I apologize for the mistakes in English.

A big warm welcome...

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi and no problem. Even those of us who do speak English make mistakes.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟55,670.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the warm welcome on this forum. Thank you for your kind words and words of support.

Services of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church are conducted mainly in the Church Slavonic language. This has been the case since the time of Volodymyr the Great, who baptized Kyiv and Rus in the 10th century. But language is not so important. The main thing is to be clear. I really like the words of the archimandrite Joachim Parr.

Thanks also for the tips and advice. The first time is not easy to navigate yourself.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums