Χριστός ανέστη!

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I believe we have access to the father, via His spirit, and can confess our sins directly to Him, as we have believed the Gospel. Whether He hears or forgives them is another matter. We must do good in order for God to hear our prayers, John 9:31, proverbs 15:29, 1 Peter 3:12

...and we must forgive others, Matthew 6:14, and humble ourselves with a contrite spirit Isaiah 66:2, Psalms 51:17.

Ok, you may believe whatever you want. a pescha thread in TAW is not the time nor the place for such a discussion though.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Truly he is risen! Allelulia! Allelulia!
It was the first time I've been to an Orthodox Church for Easter. How the priest came out and processed with the Easter candle kinda reminded me of the end of the Disney movie Fantasia, when all the monks started a candlelight procession. It also reminded me of how Jesus came out of the tomb with glorious light that blinded the soldiers guarding the tomb. At the end of the liturgy, I was given a red Easter egg, and I knew it symbolized the blood of Christ spilt for us and the tomb rolled away.
When I went home, I ate the jelly beans and candy from the eggs I collected and hunted at my cousins Egg hunt. That egg hunt, of course, happened on Catholic Easter, which happened a week ago. But since that Sunday was my Palm Sunday, I saved all the eggs and did not eat the candy from any of them until today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed He is risen!

I enjoyed my first Orthodox Pascha service tremendously. It was very joyous. We had a baptism as well, which was beautiful. My girlfriend attended with me as well - she did not grow up religious and this was her first visit to any church (not just an Orthodox one). She enjoyed it, and plans to continue coming with me on a semi-regular basis.

Every service I attend I realize (1) how little I know and (2) how much is going on. It seems like every time I notice something new, some connection or relation to something Biblical, sacramental, or another part of the service. It's a joy every time.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My son is STILL AT his Pascha service...

Last night he went to a service at 10:30 pm and returned in wee hours of morning

He had church every day last week

Well, to all Orthodox brothers and sisters - Happy Pascha !!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just got home from the feast a little while ago. I had lamb and pork and little hot sausages with grapes and some other meat on a shish-ke-bab. And vinegar potatoes and roast rosemary potatoes and baked beans and pasta and bruschetta and sweet bread. And fruit ambrosia (I took that) and apple pie and triple chocolate bundt cake and chocolate coconut pie and brownie brittle. At least a bite or two of each thing anyway. The variety was VERY NICE after being so restricted for so long - tomorrow I have to get back to it. And there were probably 50 or more dishes I didn't sample. Sooooo much food! Even my chickens are feasting - there was lots of leftover macaroni and cheese so I brought it to them instead of letting it be thrown away. And we have 9 boxes full of cookies, cupcakes, and the like I put in the fridge for us to eat at Bible study - I don't think we can finish 9 boxes.

No Church until Friday. It's going to seem like a desert I know it. I won't mind a day or two to rest but then I know I'm going to wish I could be back.

At least we get to sing Christos Anesti many, MANY times coming up. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I’d like to say it again today...

Christ is risen!

Every day! Christos Anesti!

Truly we believe, we the orthodox people, that the King of the ages, Christ is risen from the dead.

All joy and happiness, God gave unto us, for our King Emmanuel, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ Every race in mankind, follow upright paths, for the Word the Lover of Man, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ David the King of Israel, said with the psaltery, God has joyfully risen, Christ is risen from the dead.

For the sake of the holy Resurrection, sing praise and rejoice, preach to the nations, for Christ is risen from the dead.

Seven angelic orders, praise Him spiritually, for the salvation of the world, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ He is the Son of God, praise Him with music, for He has saved our race, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ Rejoice O race of Adam, with spiritual joy, for the Creator of Adam, Christ is risen from the dead.

All the creation together, rejoices in this mystery, for the Son of the Holy, Christ is risen from the dead.

Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Word, we praise Him saying, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ Then He was placed in the tomb, according to the prophetic sayings, and on the third day, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ Let us understand, the Gospel O people, which has said “The Immortal, Christ is risen from the dead.

All the heavenly orders, and the rational natures, were amazed at Your works, Christ is risen from the dead.

Exalted are Your works, and Your mysterious judgments, for You are the King of heaven, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ A name of pride is Your name, O Son of God the Lover of Man, we believe without doubt, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ One from the Trinity, the eternal Word, the Son of the true God, Christ is risen from the dead.

Our mouths are filled with joy, and immeasurable happiness, for the Physician of the sick, Christ is risen from the dead.

Hear me O my beloved, who have received the testament, for the Resurrection of the Son of God, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ We believe without doubt, of this mysterious matter, that the only-begotten Son, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ Behold all the prophets, prophesied also, for the King of all kings, Christ is risen from the dead.

God of the prophets, and the righteous and the just, He is the Master, Christ is risen from the dead.

Holy O Lord and holy, holy now and unto the ages, You are the Son of the Holy, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ The Savior of the whole world, our true God, we believe with all our hearts, Christ is risen from the dead.

+ O who was before the ages, the Creator of all ages, we praise You forever, Christ is risen from the dead.

(Psali Watos for the Midnight Praises from the day of Resurrection to the 39th day)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Traditionally, we are supposed to greet each other with "Christ is risen" for the next 40 days.
Yep :) My husband isn’t here today though, and I worked from home...so this was my way of greeting you all with that :)

Upvote 0