“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord” ( Psalms 27:14).

GodsTiming

May 20, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Someone told me once, “Do something. Just wait.” Odd for myself, as I am used to taking action. If I know something can be changed, I try to change it. If I see a way in which I can be of more usefulness to others, I try to do it. So, waiting has- and continues to be- something that makes me uncomfortable (to say the least). Yet, we are specifically told to “wait on the Lord”- to “be strong” and wait. And that’s what I will continue to do- for what other choice do I really have? He knows what’s going to happen anyway, and forcing my will has never brought about the bountiful harvest for which I have aspired. It’s not always the waiting on Him that is painful- as I know He is always faithful- and unlike others, He always keeps His promises. It is the waiting for others to see and begin to live what is so obvious to me. There are so many people who are needlessly ...suffering because of their lack of faith. They think a “quick fix” is the answer to all life’s problems, and their obsessive/compulsive behaviors feed these addictions. Yet, after the “high” has worn off (whether it be. . . unhealthy relationships, drugs, alcohol, securing a position at work, getting away with stealing, lying, or cheating, or whatever the “fix” may be) they are left more empty, more hopeless and full of doubt, misery, and pain than when they had begun. Why can’t these people see that God is the answer? Why are they so clouded by their selfish and self-centeredness that they cannot, even for a moment, step outside themselves and realize their lives could be so much more than what they have settled for living? I know I cannot do it for them- only God can do that- so, I guess I have no choice but to continue to pray, listen to Him, and write what He puts on my heart. And, I will continue to do just that; for I know what my life had been like without Him in it; and for all the “fixes” in the world, I would never go back to that hell on earth.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we are specifically told to “wait on the Lord”- to “be strong” and wait.
I think waiting on the LORD does not mean do nothing, at all, but like a waiter who is attentive to his customers and sensitive so he is doing what they need and would enjoy.

I know He is always faithful- and unlike others, He always keeps His promises.
This is good to know :) And God is doing what He knows He means by His word . . . not limited to what we can understand and try to make it happen! Isaiah 55:10-11 > His word is doing all that He pleases . . . all He understands His word to mean.

It is the waiting for others to see and begin to live what is so obvious to me. There are so many people who are needlessly ...suffering because of their lack of faith. They think a “quick fix” is the answer to all life’s problems, and their obsessive/compulsive behaviors feed these addictions. Yet, after the “high” has worn off (whether it be. . . unhealthy relationships, drugs, alcohol, securing a position at work, getting away with stealing, lying, or cheating, or whatever the “fix” may be) they are left more empty, more hopeless and full of doubt, misery, and pain than when they had begun.
Very good. And we are human, too; so we need to learn from how others can be wrong.

Why can’t these people see that God is the answer? Why are they so clouded by their selfish and self-centeredness that they cannot, even for a moment, step outside themselves and realize their lives could be so much more than what they have settled for living?
"the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" (in Ephesians 2:2)

I know I cannot do it for them- only God can do that- so, I guess I have no choice but to continue to pray, listen to Him, and write what He puts on my heart.
Yes, and what you write will do good for those who can benefit. Even if we are mature Christians, still we need to feed on these good things you are sharing!

And in reaching to ones who are refusing and abusing . . . our labor is not in vain > 1 Corinthians 15:58. Also, "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3) Keep on and grow in good example. Notice how a lady's good example can win a disobedient husband > 1 Peter 3:1-4.

And, I will continue to do just that; for I know what my life had been like without Him in it; and for all the “fixes” in the world, I would never go back to that hell on earth.
Thank You, God our Father and Jesus, for having mercy on us and delivering us "from the power of Satan to God" (in Acts 26:18)

"with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you"
(in Psalm 81:16)

So, God does want to share His own honey with us, of His very own love. And this is sweeter and more complete and perfectly satisfying, than any "fix" of this world can be. Love that is pure and holy and honest and humble does me more good and is more satisfying, than all that I have ever experienced in "romance"; God's love (Romans 5:5) make me more intimate with my Jesus companion, but this requires how we be holy and pure and humble and honest and caring for others as ourselves :). While we are not personally caring for others as ourselves, we are not in this love so satisfying, and we can be deeply bored and lonely and unsure while we in selfish loving only use certain favorite people.

"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
.My lips shall praise You." (Psalm 63:3)

Upvote 0