“The Innocence of Muslims.” Are Not So Innocent

L

Lovely Lane

Nakoula B. Nakoula says he is a Coptic Christian, but certainly doesn't act like one.They said that Nakoula identified himself to reporters as an Israeli-Jew at one time. He has several arrests here in US, to include having the ingredients to manufacture of Meth.

This man found the funds from somewhere, not sure where or from whom, exactly yet, to make this film. I understand that he lied to the actor's about what the movie is about, then dubbed (voice over) in the name of the so-called Mohammad character. Where during the filming the actors called by using another name, like George or something.

The film was made to do exactly what it did, spread hate and anger the radical sect of Islam.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who's Behind The "Innocence of Muslims" Film - YouTube

Actress sues Innocence of Muslims producer - Telegraph

Innocence of Muslims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that entirely true?

The invasion of Canaan was about false gods. The slaughter of those who worshipped the golden calf is another example. The massacre of the prophets of Baal and Asherah on mount Moriah is another example. The burning of the religious symbols of the occupying power by Gideon is another....

In the NT the shift is towards a more positive focus on sharing and living out the good news of Jesus but Paul is clear in his address to the Athenians that there is only one true God and he debates extensively with idol worshippers and people trapped by false philosophies and traditions. He provokes considerable anger in various idol worshippers and is stoned almost to death for his comments in the market place. There is a degree of gentleness and respect in this witness that was not there in the OT theocracy ,I suppose, but one can envisage societies where Christians make the rules and blasphemy and idolatry are legitmately outlawed and these laws are enforced by the authorities given the power of the sword (Rom 13 v 1-7).

Hi mindlight,

No, the invasion of Canaan was God keeping His promise to Abraham and his descendents. Yes, He did tell them to make sure that all of the people who were in the land of promise be removed because He knew full well that their worship of false gods would pull many of His people away from the one true and living God. We find that throughout the accounts of the kings that this is exactly what happened because they didn't follow God's command.

Yes, God has always taken very seriously His people following after false gods. He is, after all, a jealous God. Even today, God does not want His children to have anything to do with false gods. However, with Israel He took a more disciplined approach because they were His people and they had promised Him that they would not do such things. Today, the work of Israel is complete and God has revealed all truth to us concerning what is required of us to be one of His children. It is now our choice.

One must understand that God's working through Israel was for a specific purpose. There was a job that had to be done and Israel was the nation through which God did that job. Just as with human nature today, if my child does something wrong he can expect to receive strong discipline and punishment. If someone else's child does something wrong, then that's pretty much up to someone else to correct.

Some 3500 years ago God called Abraham and began through him the work of raising up a nation that was special unto God. They had a divine purpose to complete. The writing of the Scriptures. The lineage of the Messiah. It is, however, still God's command to us that we have nothing to do with those who worship false Gods. For what has light to do with darkness. If a blind man leads a blind man, will they not both fall into the pit?

Now, this is not a matter of hate, but just not having any personal and close relationship with such people. God doesn't ask me to walk to the other side of the street when I see a muslim or buddhist coming in my direction. He doesn't ask me to speak offensively to them or taunt them or in any way provoke their ire. Just don't have anything to do with them as far as being close friends and confidents.

Perhaps you have never considered this understanding, but I ask you to read the Scriptures. God did a lot of things different with Israel. He asked for and demanded of them, by right of their birth as Jews descended from the seed of promise, their faithfulness. Part of His promise of protection for them was to keep them, by any means necessary, from the worship of false gods.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

"Nakoula Nakoula, one strange person"

and he can not be a Christian, for he is filled with hate.
I don't know, just wouldn't want to slip into the same mindset as those militant radical Muslim's. Who decide who and what is on their side at a drop of an irreverent lie posted on the internet.

What little I know of this man sure shows he is need of study and a personal revival leading to an public apology and removal of the video clip from view.

I hope that this man's family, who are still in Egypt as I understand, and all Coptic Christians of Egypt remain safe. They have been attacked many times through the years for less.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, just wouldn't want to slip into the same mindset as those militant radical Muslim's. Who decide who and what is on their side at a drop of an irreverent lie posted on the internet.

What little I know of this man sure shows he is need of study and a personal revival leading to an public apology and removal of the video clip from view.

I hope that this man's family, who are still in Egypt as I understand, and all Coptic Christians of Egypt remain safe. They have been attacked many times through the years for less.
If the man had made a video outlining the differences in the "Muslims Jesus" and Jesus, the Lord would likely not allow for his family to suffer more for his indignation. However, seeing how this "christian" or "jew" merely falsely promoted a religion, whether false or not, for the direct purpose of inciting violence......i am not so sure the Lord will protect the innocent.

He claims he has no blood on his hands. IMO, he should be given a 100% expense free vacation to Kandahar or Islamabad, given a new wardrobe custom made with his name written in bold letters all over it, and then, as he gasps his last breathe, he will perhaps look at his own blood, on his own hands and understand the seriousness of his offense.:sorry:

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

If the man had made a video outlining the differences in the "Muslims Jesus" and Jesus, the Lord would likely not allow for his family to suffer more for his indignation. However, seeing how this "christian" or "jew" merely falsely promoted a religion, whether false or not, for the direct purpose of inciting violence......i am not so sure the Lord will protect the innocent.
I see your point. I do not know then what to say about Egypt, they voted, they have a new government, but still are struggling to get back on their economic feet. And the West will not put up with rioting on the embassies.
Talk is going on today at the capitol in cutting foreign aid to Egypt and Libya.

He claims he has no blood on his hands. IMO, he should be given a 100% expense free vacation to Kandahar or Islamabad, given a new wardrobe custom made with his name written in bold letters all over it, and then, as he gasps his last breathe, he will perhaps look at his own blood, on his own hands and understand the seriousness of his offense.
That guy in the video with Coors beer and claims he has no blood on his hands is a so-called consultant, the promoter of movie, Steve Klein, AKA goofball.

Right, just have the State Dept. pick him up and deliver him gifted wrapped.
I'd like to hear is defense, but of course, we don't do such things. Even though we did have secret overseas prisons for enhanced interrogation techniques.(probably still do)

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see your point. I do not know then what to say about Egypt, they voted, they have a new government, but still are struggling to get back on their economic feet. And the West will not put up with rioting on the embassies.
Talk is going on today at the capitol in cutting foreign aid to Egypt and Libya.

That guy in the video with Coors beer and claims he has no blood on his hands is a so-called consultant, the promoter of movie, Steve Klein, AKA goofball.

Right, just have the State Dept. pick him up and deliver him gifted wrapped.
I'd like to hear is defense, but of course, we don't do such things. Even though we did have secret overseas prisons for enhanced interrogation techniques.(probably still do)
^_^ A few yrs ago I was awatching a tv show about a sherriffs dept sending gift certificates to folks with warrants that had been slipping through the cracks. They offered em massage packages and facials and grand prizes.:)

Well, they'd dress the folks up( ironically in a jail striped bathrobe:D, and get them their facial, and lead them to the massage room which happens to have been a detention room. Think some of these folks were complaining that they were gonna miss the grand prize drawing. One of the deputies asked to see his ticket, and when he matched it to his list, he say, yeah youve won it. And here it is. :D:DOr something to that effect.

So I cant decide if the Iranian or Eqyptian intel is not capable of making such a coup. Send the man an entry form to win a luxury vacation in Greece(his name sounds very Greek to me), then have him border a plane bound for Afganistan. :sorry:

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

I'm sorry, and I imagine there will be some who disagree, but these tactics that Mr. Jones in Florida uses and the group at Westboro use are one and the same.

GOD HAS NEVER CALLED US TO ATTACK OTHER FAITHS, RELIGIONS OR BELIEFS! NEVER!!

We are commanded to teach the truth in love. We don't have to tell people that Muhammed is a false prophet to say that Jesus is the Son of God. We don't have to attack islam to say that Jesus is the only way of salvation. All we are called to do is teach the truth in love. We are to be respectful of all people. We are to be considerate of all people. We are to teach the truth in love.

Too many 'christians' have decided that the way to teach the truth is to attack the lies! NO!!!! Just teach the truth in love and leave it to the one who is responsible for opening the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf to do His job.

It is a disgrace to God that the Westboro group tries to use such tactics as engender hate among people to preach Jesus. It is a disgrace to God that this film created to attack islam is considered a right way to teach others about Jesus. The Scriptures say that those who are against us should have nothing bad to say about us because of our love and gentleness, and yet we, through tactics such as this give them plenty of bad things to say about us.

I'M SORRY, BUT I BELIEVE ALL SUCH PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD WITHIN THEM, BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T ALLOW SUCH AN IDEA TO GROW AND COME TO FRUITION AMONG THOSE WHOM HE INDWELLS.

What was the deal with the Crusades, then?

Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What was the deal with the Crusades, then?

the crusades were not of God but man.

The Christian soldiers that fought these battles did not know better, they had no bible to test the authority they were under, they believed because the "church" told them it was God's will to fight others religions and they were pleasing God.

Upvote 0