“So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”!

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sunday, June 27, 2004
horizontal_header_grey.gif

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night
born-in-kenya.png

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

AP declares Obama “Kenyan-Born”!

Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So... apparently the logical conclusion from only one single article from a random Kenyan newspaper making this claim (and making it in a throw-away line that is not once alluded to after it is made) is not that this single article, amongst thousands, is simply incorrect, but rather that Obama's campaign must have distributed this information themselves?

I'm yet to see any evidence for the line in the Obama - Keyes debate - is there any evidence of it, other than second or third hand retellings?

Your materials isn't getting any better Herbie. Unsubstantiated rumours about answers in debates, irrelevant 18th century Swiss philosophy, a single mistake in a story published in an African newspaper, repeated forgery attempts at a Kenyan birth certificate... do you realise how desperate you look?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is the court of public opinion, not a court of law.
Wow! Citizenship is a matter of public opinion?

I'm wondering if I could convince everyone that I'm Dutch so I can get my Dutch passport.
Hear my struggle people!!! They only do PATERNAL linkages and, while my mom remained a Dutch citizen until 2 years ago, my father gave it all away in the 60s.
THE HUMANITY!

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! Citizenship is a matter of public opinion?

I'm wondering if I could convince everyone that I'm Dutch so I can get my Dutch passport.
Hear my struggle people!!! They only do PATERNAL linkages and, while my mom remained a Dutch citizen until 2 years ago, my father gave it all away in the 60s.
THE HUMANITY!

Have some more Cheez Whiz.

Did you hear Ric Flair is making a comeback?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Question. Why does the bottom line that shows wich page they are on say its the 2002 election coverage while the article supposedly is from 2004?

Bad Photoshop maybe ?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Question. Why does the bottom line that shows wich page they are on say its the 2002 election coverage while the article supposedly is from 2004?
Pfft, details.

When I went to look, it said 2004.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Museveni nailed it. And even if it was real...err, so what? I don't consider an article from a newspaper I've never heard of to be world-shattering evidence. If Fox has taught us anything, it's that news sources can be awful wrong at times.

How many more falsehoods and fakes are the birthers going to swallow? I know if I'd been lied to that many times I might start to become slightly more...critical of sources purporting to show exactly what I wanted.

Unless they don't actually care about the truth. But that can't be right...after all, they keep telling us that's the only thing they're after!

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Assuming for now that the articles are legit. I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone here speak Kenyan English? No this is a serious question. I follow Rugby and a bit of Soccer and they provide some great examples.

I'm going to talk about a fictional team, the Obombers.

If you saw Obamers in playoffs would you think this is a good or bad thing? Let's say the context is Soccer World cup qualifications. Well it is NOT what most Americans would think it meant at first glance. It is mixed, does not mean they are advancing. It means they did not finish high enough to go to the World cup, but did do well enough to still have a chance. (Rather like wild card qualifying in many U.S. sports).

Or for the Obamers Rugby team (or Australian Rules for that matter). If you saw the headline Obamers in Finals what would you think. If you only speak American English you woul dhave it wrong. Translated into American it would be Obamers in Playoffs (American version of Playoffs, not the above version).

So whay does this matter? Because Kenyan born just might translate from Kenyan English into American English as 'Of Kenyan decent'.

Or for that matter might just be newspaper headline shorthand or even sloppy reaching to claim Obama as one of their own.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I imagine it is a web template.
If you look at the archive date, it matches.
Would be relavant if it was a later date on the template.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0