United States
✟12,575.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for me this week... All my life I wanted to become a military pilot ... New American heads off to war | SavannahNow.com

I was turned down in March and this week, it is my second review board for the selection to the Warrant Officer Flight Training, though in the face of competition I am not really hopeful I will be selected, I am kind of down because of it. They recently changed the rules. With the old rules, even if I wasn't selected this month, I was going to be able to try 6 more times before my 33rd b-day next year. But because of the economy they are reducing officer accessions and that means I get to try two more times next March and May, then I age out, I can't try anymore... I feel really tired and weary of it, I worked so hard, waited, struggled, went through all those obstacles, deployments, separations, now they are closing the door on my face. If so, I am getting out of the military in 2 years, I am going to finish college and try a career as an airline pilot. But this is a time that tests my faith to the extreme ... please pray for me ...

Reactions: ancientsoul

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
United States
✟12,575.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:prayer: Fervently praying for you & this situation.

To understand better:
Does it have to be THIS place that tests & accepts you as a military pilot?

This is not the last place ... My last hope to become a military pilot would be the National Guard, if they choose to grant me an age waiver because I will be too old (34-35) to start flight training when/if I go to their door...

God's Will is going to happen, I just don't want to be heartbroken anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, help this one with the discouragement he feels. If this is the path You have chosen for him, then may he gain entrance before the time is up. If You have chosen something else then grant him wisdom and direction to know what that life path is. Bless him and grant him peace with his future choices, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi, Bushmaster78FS. I got your PM. I was wondering where you were. It's good to know that you are safe.

I will simplify things by saying that you have nothing to worry about if you are doing your best both on the job and in your personal life to serve Christ. I can only pray that God's will be done and that you will be able to see the wisdom in what God does with your situation.

Don't worry. I hope that you can reach the point where you can smile in your adversity and leave it up to God. It looks like you have done all you can; so, now let God finish. I hope that you will be able to look back on this situation and see that you have nothing to fear when God is in the plan. I heard someone say just today that when you serve Christ, He will make you face your worst fears and teach you to realize that you should fear nothing about this life. This comes from a person who was scared in his early life that he would catch cancer. Now that he has cancer, he says that now he has no fear any more. It was a very touching testimony about having faith in Christ.

Hang tough Bushmaster. You have an army of saints praying for you.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
United States
✟12,575.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have an army of saints praying for you.

Thanks Peaceful. You know, knowing this fact in one's heart, there is no doubt the results are going to be good, whether I am selected or not. Prayer solves every problem in our lives.

Upvote 0