“Death to “Self” Doctrine is Bogus Theology”???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian

Is It? Jesus has this to say: “ Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he, *[Jesus], laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
1 John 3:16 (KJV)

And again here:

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? “Matthew 16:24-26 (KJV)
*[Emphasis mine]

Though being more easily understood to mean physical death as Jesus exhibited by His dying, the first passage carries a deeper implication to mean the death to our disposition in situations that clamor for self-satisfaction/gratification. For instance, if I and my friend were both hungry and there was but one meal, what should be my disposition if I say I love my neighbor as myself? Is it to be thought of as some foolishly think that if I gave up my claim to the meal for the sake of my friend that it would be an act of self-righteousness, especially if someone saw me do it; "who does he think he is"? Why that would be a prideful thing to do, some would accuse? What impoverished religious mind would want to believe that? . . Many religious who are indeed prideful and jealous that anyone would dare do what they have been rendered by their conceit incapable of doing! I believe the second passage above clears up the issue quite nicely.

Let’s transfer this over to us giving up our claim to our “Self” insofar as God would have us submit to His leadership, our lives. Do I love Him to do this? Do I even know Him to love Him to do this? Again the fool in his religion would say that will not benefit anyone with regards to salvation and as an excuse, he uses the worn-out, oft mis-interpreted verse of scripture to make fit that says, no one is righteous and God doesn't look for us to do things for Him but for our society. In his fool way he would not have the scriptures be understood to mean we are to love God and desire to be a son who is pleasing to His father and this by self-renunciation. Absence of this understanding is to have no understanding of the acts of Jesus and His teaching us the way of the cross; what it means to take up ours and follow Him.

Is salvation the issue? Again, the religious fool would say, it is the only issue. Beyond that he has concluded and is really saying in his heart, "there is no God". He really doesn’t want to embrace the idea that God has an interest in our lives beyond simply giving us undeserved ‘goodies’ and by his saying of the sinners prayer ‘foolishly’ believes that we qualify to be a ruler and reigner with Christ in the next life. He chooses to believe this because he wants God but wants to retain dominion over his "Self". In this is he not saying, 'I will have no God over me'?

That is the height of presumption from ignorance from poor teaching and short-sightedness in understanding the message of the gospel that says: “And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS;” (Rev. 2:26). Does that read like Jesus is speaking of anyone whose ambition is just making it to heaven; salvation as being more than a ‘paid up fire insurance policy’ as most in the reform thinking ignorantly believe? I emphasize reform as opposed to orthodox simply because love for another that is a visible act is most always looked upon as self-righteousness and one who does is looked upon as a ‘holier than thou’ while hiding behind their false idea of the grace of God; believing He will let them off the hook for any willful ignorance of what it means to love God and then love your neighbor as yourself. They foolishly believe that success in loving one's next door neighbor is loving God . . . which should cause someone to ask how come they don’t love their neighbor? But that too, is dismissed as being judgmental. The whole thing becomes a convoluted mess.This brings me back to the issue of “Self”.

“Self” is the hindrance to success in Christ. Adam demonstrated this in the garden by refusing to relinquish his to the Love of God that would have accomplished His intention for humanity without the need for redemption. We can thank God that Jesus, by the “work of the cross”, has restored us to that which Adam forfeited; the privilege of becoming a son brought into Glory by the method of self-renunciation; as Oswald Chambers has it: “The giving up of my claim to my rights to myself”. Jesus taught us how it is be accomplished by His example from His earthly life. Our success hinges on our abiding in Him. Our works will be His works. (Gal.2:20) In this, “Self’ has been, of necessity, crucified that the Life of Christ might be revealed in those who love Him and have purified their “Self”. (1 Pet.1:22). This is the reason for “Death to Self Theology. Anyone who denies this theology is a fool of the first order and has a rude awakening in store for him. If he teaches against it, he aids the enemy of our soul and should be avoided as a brother.

I am quite sure the 'Fool' will say I am wrong.

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Here is an example of "Self" over the edge, "Self" that Jesus addresses throughout His 3 yrs on earth:

PHOENIX — A would-be bar owner angry at being denied a liquor license threatened to shoot people at the Super Bowl and drove to within sight of the stadium with a rifle and 200 rounds of ammunition before changing his mind, federal authorities said.
Kurt William Havelock, who ultimately turned himself in, had vowed to "shed the blood of the innocent" in a manifesto mailed Sunday to media outlets, according to court documents. "No one destroys my dream," he wrote.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Since, in most minds, salvation is an instantaneous event, I would like to read what you believe the journey to be . . . . . and why?

Here is something from Oswald Chambers. See what you think:

[SIZE=+2]AFTER OBEDIENCE - WHAT?[/SIZE]

And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side. . . ." Mark 6:45-52

We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God's purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.

What is my dream of God's purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process - that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God. God's training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end. God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present: if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Cont..

When we pray, asking God to sanctify us, are we prepared to measure up to what that really means? We take the word sanctification much too lightly. Are we prepared to pay the cost of sanctification? The cost will be a deep restriction of all our earthly concerns, and an extensive cultivation of all our godly concerns. Sanctification means to be intensely focused on God’s point of view. It means to secure and to keep all the strength of our body, soul, and spirit for God’s purpose alone. Are we really prepared for God to perform in us everything for which He separated us? And after He has done His work, are we then prepared to separate ourselves to God just as Jesus did? "For their sakes I sanctify Myself . . ." ( John 17:19 ). The reason some of us have not entered into the experience of sanctification is that we have not realized the meaning of sanctification from God’s perspective. Sanctification means being made one with Jesus so that the nature that controlled Him will control us. Are we really prepared for what that will cost? It will cost absolutely everything in us which is not of God.

Are we prepared to be caught up into the full meaning of Paul’s prayer in this verse? Are we prepared to say, "Lord, make me, a sinner saved by grace, as holy as You can"? Jesus prayed that we might be one with Him, just as He is one with the Father (see John 17:21-23 ). The resounding evidence of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life is the unmistakable family likeness to Jesus Christ, and the freedom from everything which is not like Him. Are we prepared to set ourselves apart for the Holy Spirit’s work in us?

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"
Hebrews 12:14 (KJV)

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Death to "Self" theology originated in the Heart and Mind of God inasmuch as it is simply the "Way of the Cross", that "living theology" Jesus exhibited for 3+ yrs. It is the way to Son-ship and Joint-Heir-ship in Him; in the Father. It is the process we must enter upon our new birth by which we become as He is, per John 17. That is why; main reason, the new birth is so necessary. Try this: From outside ourselves, the Blood of Jesus secures our redemption/salvation, while the process of entering into His life after we are born again; indwelling life of Himself, brings us into "Son-ship". This is what He came to do.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is It? Jesus has this to say: “ Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he, *[Jesus], laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”

And again here:

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? “Matthew 16:24-26 (KJV)
*[Emphasis mine]

Though being more easily understood to mean physical death as Jesus exhibited by His dying, the first passage carries a deeper implication to mean the death to our disposition in situations that clamor for self-satisfaction/gratification. For instance, if I and my friend were both hungry and there was but one meal, what should be my disposition if I say I love my neighbor as myself? Is it to be thought of as some foolishly think that if I gave up my claim to the meal for the sake of my friend that it would be an act of self-righteousness, especially if someone saw me do it; "who does he think he is"? Why that would be a prideful thing to do, some would accuse? What impoverished religious mind would want to believe that? . . Many religious who are indeed prideful and jealous that anyone would dare do what they have been rendered by their conceit incapable of doing! I believe the second passage above clears up the issue quite nicely.

Let’s transfer this over to us giving up our claim to our “Self” insofar as God would have us submit to His leadership, our lives. Do I love Him to do this? Do I even know Him to love Him to do this? Again the fool in his religion would say that will not benefit anyone with regards to salvation and as an excuse, he uses the worn-out, oft mis-interpreted verse of scripture to make fit that says, no one is righteous and God doesn't look for us to do things for Him but for our society. In his fool way he would not have the scriptures be understood to mean we are to love God and desire to be a son who is pleasing to His father and this by self-renunciation. Absence of this understanding is to have no understanding of the acts of Jesus and His teaching us the way of the cross; what it means to take up ours and follow Him.

Before calling respondents fools, one might instead take a bit O' legitimate scriptural critique first?

Is salvation the issue? Again, the religious fool would say, it is the only issue. Beyond that he has concluded and is really saying in his heart, "there is no God". He really doesn’t want to embrace the idea that God has an interest in our lives beyond simply giving us undeserved ‘goodies’ and by his saying of the sinners prayer ‘foolishly’ believes that we qualify to be a ruler and reigner with Christ in the next life. He chooses to believe this because he wants God but wants to retain dominion over his "Self". In this is he not saying, 'I will have no God over me'?

And that would be a very foolish statement.

That is the height of presumption from ignorance from poor teaching and short-sightedness in understanding the message of the gospel that says: “And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS;” (Rev. 2:26). Does that read like Jesus is speaking of anyone whose ambition is just making it to heaven; salvation as being more than a ‘paid up fire insurance policy’ as most in the reform thinking ignorantly believe? I emphasize reform as opposed to orthodox simply because love for another that is a visible act is most always looked upon as self-righteousness and one who does is looked upon as a ‘holier than thou’ while hiding behind their false idea of the grace of God; believing He will let them off the hook for any willful ignorance of what it means to love God and then love your neighbor as yourself.

Reformed positions assuredly do not claim that others are willfully ignorant Orm. Just the opposite. Total depravity is not willful in reformed positions. It is predetermined and preordained.

Let's face some more foolish facts here Orm. The freewill adherent condemns their "unsaved" fellow man on the basis of the condemned's freewill for lack of a positive affirmation of God in Christ whom they cannot see. Yet that person may very well love others as they love themselves.

And freewillers then call their determinations of their neighbors as being unsaved via their lack of freewill affirmation of God in Christ as "loving their neighbor as themselves?"

They foolishly believe that success in loving one's next door neighbor is loving God . . . which should cause someone to ask how come they don’t love their neighbor? But that too, is dismissed as being judgmental. The whole thing becomes a convoluted mess.This brings me back to the issue of “Self”.

“Self” is the hindrance to success in Christ. Adam demonstrated this in the garden by refusing to relinquish his to the Love of God that would have accomplished His intention for humanity without the need for redemption.

And freewillers also as shown above continually condemn Adam for lack of exercise of freewill as well, not even seeing that the "self" of Adam could never free himself with all the freewill in the world.

We can thank God that Jesus, by the “work of the cross”, has restored us to that which Adam forfeited; the privilege of becoming a son brought into Glory by the method of self-renunciation; as Oswald Chambers has it: “The giving up of my claim to my rights to myself”. Jesus taught us how it is be accomplished by His example from His earthly life. Our success hinges on our abiding in Him. Our works will be His works. (Gal.2:20) In this, “Self’ has been, of necessity, crucified that the Life of Christ might be revealed in those who love Him and have purified their “Self”. (1 Pet.1:22). This is the reason for “Death to Self Theology. Anyone who denies this theology is a fool of the first order and has a rude awakening in store for him. If he teaches against it, he aids the enemy of our soul and should be avoided as a brother.

Freewill adherents don't have much of a clue about their own construction.

Scriptures teach that we all have evil present with us whenever we desire to do good. That evil is with us and must be contended against. Yet the freewiller has no way to DIVIDE himself from those thoughts, as they believe very wrongly that they are only their own thoughts. Yet we know from scripture that "he who commits sin is of the DEVIL" which clearly implicates the devil in ALL SIN.

Scripture also teaches us that wherever the Word is sown, SATAN comes immediately to steal that Word from our hearts. Part of that theft is deceptive thoughts.

So no, we are not "alone" in our minds. There is a contender. IF we do not see that as something OTHER than ourselves that is in our OWN head, we really have no way of losing our own thoughts, as we falsely think 'it's only me.'

There is a "self" we are to lose and set aside. But if you cannot discern your self as God's child from that which you think is only your self, you have nothing to divide FROM and nothing to lose.

Not every thought that crosses a man's mind are his own or God's. Not every word that crosses a man's lips are God's or his own.

When Satan spoke through Peter, I'm sure Peter didn't have a clue. But those who do will see that Satan had access to Peter's mind and body, and mankind are therefore his pawns in thought word and deed, particularly if their supposed freewill cannot make a logical conclusion of fact of the separation of these parties, or the acknowledgement that Satan can and does influence the thoughts and bodies of mankind.

The lack of freewillers use of their wills to make logical conclusions between themselves and what they are bound with also makes them condemn their fellow man on the basis of lack of freewill exercise.

You see freewillers openly show that they have nowhere else to go for blame and condemnation other than their fellow man, so they condemn them and they CANNOT love them and condemn them simultaneously. That does not work.

There are influences in all of us that MUST be condemned. We die to our flesh daily because of "what is in it" that is NOT US.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Yet we know from scripture that "he who commits sin is of the DEVIL" which clearly implicates the devil in ALL SIN.

Before I begin to unravel your rant it can be concluded that you believe that from creation, Adam was of the devil and we must begin on the notion Adam was created in sin. Isn't that your perspective?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I begin to unravel your rant it can be concluded that you believe that from creation, Adam was of the devil

The devil was of the devil. I have no use ignoring the work of the deceptOR of Adam and simply BLAME AND ACCUSE Adam instead.
and we must begin on the notion Adam was created in sin. Isn't that your perspective?

Not at all, so before you start tearing apart rants you may want to check and see if it's just your own faulty construct in not understand a simple principle involved.

The flesh is subject to the presence of INDWELLING SIN. That does not mean Adam was the same as that which captured his flesh or mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onwingsaseagles

Jan 31, 2008
✟2,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And again here:

*[Emphasis mine]

That is the height of presumption from ignorance from poor teaching and short-sightedness in understanding the message of the gospel that says: “And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS;” (Rev. 2:26). Does that read like Jesus is speaking of anyone whose ambition is just making it to heaven; salvation as being more than a ‘paid up fire insurance policy’ as most in the reform thinking ignorantly believe? I emphasize reform as opposed to orthodox simply because love for another that is a visible act is most always looked upon as self-righteousness and one who does is looked upon as a ‘holier than thou’ while hiding behind their false idea of the grace of God; believing He will let them off the hook for any willful ignorance of what it means to love God and then love your neighbor as yourself. They foolishly believe that success in loving one's next door neighbor is loving God . . . which should cause someone to ask how come they don’t love their neighbor? But that too, is dismissed as being judgmental. The whole thing becomes a convoluted mess.This brings me back to the issue of “Self”.

“Self” is the hindrance to success in Christ. Adam demonstrated this in the garden by refusing to relinquish his to the Love of God that would have accomplished His intention for humanity without the need for redemption. We can thank God that Jesus, by the “work of the cross”, has restored us to that which Adam forfeited; the privilege of becoming a son brought into Glory by the method of self-renunciation; as Oswald Chambers has it: “The giving up of my claim to my rights to myself”. Jesus taught us how it is be accomplished by His example from His earthly life. Our success hinges on our abiding in Him. Our works will be His works. (Gal.2:20) In this, “Self’ has been, of necessity, crucified that the Life of Christ might be revealed in those who love Him and have purified their “Self”. (1 Pet.1:22). This is the reason for “Death to Self Theology. Anyone who denies this theology is a fool of the first order and has a rude awakening in store for him. If he teaches against it, he aids the enemy of our soul and should be avoided as a brother.

I am a fool for Christ.

Jesus said deny yourself.

Paul said he died every day.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
[/size][/font]

The devil was of the devil. I have no use ignoring the work of the deceptOR of Adam and simply BLAME AND ACCUSE Adam instead.

Not at all, so before you start tearing apart rants you may want to check and see if it's just your own faulty construct in not understand a simple principle involved.

The flesh is subject to the presence of INDWELLING SIN. That does not mean Adam was the same as that which captured his flesh or mind.

Then what was he or what was in him or of him that he could find it of himself to transgress?

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ormly
I do believe we must give up the ''old man ''nature
and to be Hid in Christ
means we no longer are seen as glorious , but the LORD GOD is glorious

GOD ALMIGHTY did give Adam [dominion, Rule] over the earth and the creatures
But we Know the Lord Jesus Christ is all authority by1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

and He is the BEGINING AND THE END ...;0
of heaven ,earth , beneath and every creature

this god [man, spirit breath , soul of the first Adam ]
Jhn 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Jhn 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

to me the works determine if they be of GOD THE FATHER or not , we know in Christ they are
annointed
God bless peace .C

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then what was he or what was in him or of him that he could find it of himself to transgress?

Adam's FLESH including his MIND was made by GOD to be SUBJECT TO disobedience and DEATH.

This in NO WAY means Adam was any less the son of God and very much DIFFERENT than that which he was bound to in his FLESH LIFE.

There was a FIRST ADAM that served God's Intended Purposes for him...

And there IS a LAST ADAM who has been FREED from that BONDAGE BY THE WORKING OF GOD IN CHRIST.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Adam's FLESH including his MIND was made by GOD to be SUBJECT TO disobedience and DEATH.

This in NO WAY means Adam was any less the son of God and very much DIFFERENT than that which he was bound to in his FLESH LIFE.

There was a FIRST ADAM that served God's Intended Purposes for him...

And there IS a LAST ADAM who has been FREED from that BONDAGE BY THE WORKING OF GOD IN CHRIST.

If you know what God's intended purpose was you would know Adam 'didn't serve it'. So why didn't he. What prevented him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know what God's intended purpose was you would know Adam 'didn't serve it'. So why didn't he. What prevented him?

It was ALWAYS God's Purpose with ALL MEN to BIND them to DISOBEDIENCE in the FLESH and MIND that is NOT THEM as a FIRST HAND lesson in Divine Mercy.

And because they CANNOT DISCERN the difference between what THEY ARE as God's offspring and what THEY are bound WITH...they will experience MERCY when they finally see God's Mercy and Love, not only to THEMSELVES, but to ALL.

Romans 11:32

In the process of Adam's BINDING he also learned what it is like to SUFFER under the hands of enemies whom GOD placed Adam UNDER...and that also is God's Working in a very real way for ADAM to 'experience' that long suffering....just as Jesus suffered...just as WE ALL suffer.

1 Timothy 1:

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
It was ALWAYS God's Purpose with ALL MEN to BIND them to DISOBEDIENCE in the FLESH and MIND that is NOT THEM as a FIRST HAND lesson in Divine Mercy.

And because they CANNOT DISCERN the difference between what THEY ARE as God's offspring and what THEY are bound WITH...they will experience MERCY when they finally see God's Mercy and Love, not only to THEMSELVES, but to ALL.

Romans 11:32

In the process of Adam's BINDING he also learned what it is like to SUFFER under the hands of enemies whom GOD placed Adam UNDER...and that also is God's Working in a very real way for ADAM to 'experience' that long suffering....just as Jesus suffered...just as WE ALL suffer.

1 Timothy 1:

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Poppycock!

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
I highly recommend this book to every serious Christian

Ultimate Intention

By Devern Fromke

ultimate_intention.jpg

ISBN: 0-936595-02-7

This classic has finally been reprinted and not a moment too soon! Every believer will be deeply impressed by a thorough reading of DeVern Fromke's classic setting forth the importance of God-centeredness for the normal Christian life. Beginning with an unfolding of God's eternal purpose which He purposed for Himself in eternity past, the various chapters set forth the importance of a God-centered view of reality as the only environment nurturing proper spiritual growth. It is not an exaggeration to say that this volume has radically altered many people's understanding of the Christian life, lifting it beyond the pale of "self-interest" and into the only realm it was intended to be lived--with God as Center! This new reprint includes a study guide and can be used for personal or group study. We highly recommend using it to spur spiritual growth in your church.

The author considers these critical questions:

• In the beginning, before God created Adam (mankind), what was His original purpose and plan for him?

• What could have happened in the Garden of Eden if Adam had not sinned and God's redemptive plan had not become necessary?

• We know that when God created Adam he received natural life, but how did God plan for Adam to receive Divine (uncreated) life? What is the difference between God's creating and begetting work?

• It is evident that god has given the Cross a central place in His redemptive working; what is the differenece between the work of the Cross and the way of the Cross?

• Since God in the fulness of time will put on display His Divine masterpiece before all the universe, how can we fully cooperate with Him if we do not understand His ultimate intention?
Other Books by Devern Fromke

www.seekerstrove.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.