Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It seems like many supposedly Christian songs are about the Devil and not God as they appear to be on the surface.

“Christian” Love Songs to Lucifer | Mystery of the Iniquity

"In CCM, these songs usually eliminate the mention of “God” and “Jesus” and replace them with a vague “You”. In this wicked modern world where the luciferians run the music industry, “You” or even “Lord” can easily refer to their “lord” lucifer."

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vc-commu...ng-christian-music-artist-tobymac-illuminati/

"...Eye On It garnered both a Grammy and Billboard Music Award; it also earned TobyMac an American Music Award for Favorite Christian Artist and KLOVE’s Artist of the Year. So, what made this album shoot straight to the top? It’s obviously not common for Christian artists, so why this one?...
“I set my eyes to the west, walkin’ away from it all
Reachin’ for what lies ahead, I got my eye on it
I see my sweat hit the ground
I put my foot in the block
This is the race of my life
And I can’t wait for this shot”
So, the very first line of this song is I set my eyes to the west, walking away from it all. What exactly is he referring to? As soon as I heard “west,” my stream of consciousness was: California, Hollywood, fame, and money. Is he walking away from Christianity to pursue a life of more fame and riches? What does he have his “eyes” set on? He sings that he “can’t wait for this shot.” I don’t understand what he means by that since he already has six Grammys to his name and, in my book, that means he’s already made it. What else could he be aiming for?
“I got a new passenger to help me navigate the way
So when my heart hits the floor I can recalibrate
I feel the deeper callin’ me, all else is fadin’ in the past
So let me run in the race that I know is built to last”
Who is this “new” passenger? TobyMac has been in the Christian music industry for over two decades, so he’s obviously not a young believer. Why would he have a new passenger to help him along the way? Shouldn’t it have been the same one since the beginning? Not once throughout the entire song does he specifically mention God or Jesus or anything related. The lyrics are very vague and if I did not already know he was a Christian singer, I’d probably think this was another mainstream artist singing about making it into the biz."

Reactions: seashale76

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems like many supposedly Christian songs are about the Devil and not God as they appear to be on the surface.

"In CCM, these songs usually eliminate the mention of “God” and “Jesus” and replace them with a vague “You”. In this wicked modern world where the luciferians run the music industry, “You” or even “Lord” can easily refer to their “lord” lucifer."

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? Christian Music Artist TobyMac and the Illuminati - The Vigilant Citizen

"...Eye On It garnered both a Grammy and Billboard Music Award; it also earned TobyMac an American Music Award for Favorite Christian Artist and KLOVE’s Artist of the Year. So, what made this album shoot straight to the top? It’s obviously not common for Christian artists, so why this one?...
So, the very first line of this song is I set my eyes to the west, walking away from it all. What exactly is he referring to? As soon as I heard “west,” my stream of consciousness was: California, Hollywood, fame, and money. Is he walking away from Christianity to pursue a life of more fame and riches? What does he have his “eyes” set on? He sings that he “can’t wait for this shot.” I don’t understand what he means by that since he already has six Grammys to his name and, in my book, that means he’s already made it. What else could he be aiming for?
Who is this “new” passenger? TobyMac has been in the Christian music industry for over two decades, so he’s obviously not a young believer. Why would he have a new passenger to help him along the way? Shouldn’t it have been the same one since the beginning? Not once throughout the entire song does he specifically mention God or Jesus or anything related. The lyrics are very vague and if I did not already know he was a Christian singer, I’d probably think this was another mainstream artist singing about making it into the biz."

The only CCM I would ever let my children listen to is Shai Linne. (Normally, we would never let them listen to rap "music", but in this case, the amazing lyrics offset the negativity of the rap.)

CCM is bad theology combined with bad music.

Just once, I'd like to hear a song on Christian radio about sin, repentance, the wrath of God, or God's wrath satisfied by Christ's atonement.

Every Christian song I hear today is about how "life is just so hard, but Jesus makes it super cool, kids!"

I listen mostly to secular music, but when I listen to Christian or Gospel music, if it's not bluegrass like Dailey and Vincent, it's usually songs like this:

’Tis finished! The Messiah dies,
Cut off for sins, but not His own:
Accomplished is the sacrifice,
The great redeeming work is done.

’Tis finished! all the debt is paid;
Justice divine is satisfied;
The grand and full atonement made;
God for a guilty world hath died.

The veil is rent in Christ alone;
The living way to Heaven is seen;
The middle wall is broken down,
And all mankind may enter in.

The types and figures are fulfilled;
Exacted is the legal pain;
The precious promises are sealed;
The spotless Lamb of God is slain.

The reign of sin and death is o’er,
And all may live from sin set free;
Satan hath lost his mortal power;
’Tis swallowed up in victory.

Saved from the legal curse I am,
My Savior hangs on yonder tree:
See there the meek, expiring Lamb!
’Tis finished! He expires for me.

Accepted in the Well-beloved,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
I see the bar to heaven removed;
And all Thy merits, Lord, are mine.

Death, hell, and sin are now subdued;
All grace is now to sinners given;
And lo, I plead the atoning blood,
And in Thy right I claim Thy Heaven!

Go ahead, Newsboys. Beat that.

Reactions: Autumnleaf
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? Christian Music Artist TobyMac and the Illuminati - The Vigilant Citizen

I think, like any song, it means whatever the individual wants it to mean.
So if someone projects Lucifer into a song, then for them it's a song to /
about Lucifer.

If, however, they're concerned about the original meaning behind the song,
many artists explain that. I know of one song, called "The Pit", that one
might assume is about "Hell", but was actually more along the lines of a
place in a comic the artist read.

There's a website, SongMeanings, where people share what songs
mean to them and/or what they learned those songs were intended to
mean by the artists.

-

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Er, how is the art form of rap negative?

Much as I would love to tell you all the reasons I hate rap music, to do so would start a discussion that would derail the thread. Please feel free to start another thread, though.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why not sing a love song for Lucifer? Why not show Christian love to the one sinner who needs it the most?
Reminds me of something Mark Twain once said:

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common
humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" :)

-

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reminds me of something Mark Twain once said:

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common
humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" :)

-

That's who I was thinking of when I said it...

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

to the pure all things are pure... I personally love CCM. Its about all I listen to

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to the pure all things are pure

Unfortunately, none of us are pure. That's why we have to use discernment.

Believe me, I would love nothing more than to believe in the god CCM sings about. A friendly god. A kindly, grandfatherly god, or, depending on the artist, a hip, radical god who's just super cool. A god who isn't so worked up about sin, a god who isn't really angry at anybody. A god who died so I could feel better about myself.

You know, the kind of god Chuck Lorre would make a sitcom about.

Unfortunately, though, such a god would be an unjust god, an unloving god, an unholy god, and a god who isn't sovereign.

Such a god would be more interested in my happiness than in my holiness, in my comfort than in my character. That's not a god I want. I want the God of the Bible, who demands holiness and, when I cannot provide it, provides it on my behalf, even at the cost of His own life.

I don't want a god who "weeps with me" when my hometown is destroyed by a tornado. I want a God who is sovereign over the tornado so that I can be comforted in the midst of the destruction.

To be honest, the god of CCM sounds very effeminate to me.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Unfortunately, none of us are pure. That's why we have to use discernment.

Believe me, I would love nothing more than to believe in the god CCM sings about. A friendly god. A kindly, grandfatherly god, or, depending on the artist, a hip, radical god who's just super cool. A god who isn't so worked up about sin, a god who isn't really angry at anybody. A god who died so I could feel better about myself.

You know, the kind of god Chuck Lorre would make a sitcom about.

Unfortunately, though, such a god would be an unjust god, an unloving god, an unholy god, and a god who isn't sovereign.

Such a god would be more interested in my happiness than in my holiness, in my comfort than in my character. That's not a god I want. I want the God of the Bible, who demands holiness and, when I cannot provide it, provides it on my behalf, even at the cost of His own life.

I don't want a god who "weeps with me" when my hometown is destroyed by a tornado. I want a God who is sovereign over the tornado so that I can be comforted in the midst of the destruction.

To be honest, the god of CCM sounds very effeminate to me.

I don't see a loving, compassionate God as effeminate. I believe Jesus weeps with us and cares about our pain... but being all knowing kind of takes the sting out of what we are suffering, although, I believe He cares that we are suffering.
What kind of a god do you know?
Don't you think of God as your friend? Jesus said, He calls us friend? Super cool... hmmm. Not the way I picture Him but holy.... utterly holy. I don't think there is a language that describes God, just as there was no image that could describe Him. The English language is particularly lacking but the zeal and heart felt love that CCM portrays, sometimes just stops me in my tracks and I fall on my face, figuratively and at times literally.... it taps right into my soul and I cry out 'Lord' there are no words to describe what I feel for you but in those moments there is just indescribable worship... of course I don't listen to most of it... just the good stuff... LOL. ya know what I like. :clap:

and I know you know this but its really 'odd' the way you know it...... 15To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. 16They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see a loving, compassionate God as effeminate.

Nor do I. But I do believe the god portrayed by CCM, stripped of all other characteristics, is effeminate.

I believe Jesus weeps with us

Verse?

I believe He cares that we are suffering.
What kind of a god do you know?

Straw man. I never said God doesn't care. I know a God who is sovereign over tragedy, not one who suffers in tragedy.

Don't you think of God as your friend?

Of course not. He's my God and my Lord, not my friend.

Jesus said, He calls us friend?

But in what context does Jesus say we're friends? Pals? Buddies? Or that we now have amity with God because of Him?

Super cool... hmmm. Not the way I picture Him but holy.... utterly holy.

But CCM does.

I don't think there is a language that describes God, just as there was no image that could describe Him. The English language is particularly lacking but the zeal and heart felt love that CCM portrays, sometimes just stops me in my tracks and I fall on my face, figuratively and at times literally

I see nothing worthy of worship in the CCM god.

.... it taps right into my soul and I cry out 'Lord' there are no words to describe what I feel for you but in those moments there is just indescribable worship

Right. It's emotion based.

and I know you know this but its really 'odd' the way you know it...... 15To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. 16They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Already addressed this.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Nor do I. But I do believe the god portrayed by CCM, stripped of all other characteristics, is effeminate.

Verse?

Straw man. I never said God doesn't care. I know a God who is sovereign over tragedy, not one who suffers in tragedy.

Of course not. He's my God and my Lord, not my friend.

But in what context does Jesus say we're friends? Pals? Buddies? Or that we now have amity with God because of Him?

But CCM does.

I see nothing worthy of worship in the CCM god.

Right. It's emotion based.

Already addressed this.

One of my current favs... my all time fav is Kairi Jobes' 'Revelation' but this past week Ive probably only listened to Brynn Waddell on iPod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2p8s4QZOUc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

Andrea411

I've noticed there is a disproportionate amount of silliness in religious forums compared to any other.

silliness was the word that came to mind... in general Christian Forums are for people who are passionate about something... its not always expressed in the best way but than forums aren't the best place to express feelings... with no voice inflection or facial gestures... it can be difficult. have a great day, God bless, andrea

Upvote 0