Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In writing a blog, my intent is to share the walk of faith I am on. I do not intend to preach or teach, just share. I try to correct the grammar I use and quite often spend a lot of time revising blogs until they seem, to me, to be more sharing and less instructional or preachy. When you are learning new things, often your enthusiasm is taken erroneously. And that is sad. And also quite often, at least in my case, my blogs are taken as “fluff and stuff,” because the reader is older and has “heard it all before.” And that, to me, is also sad. Some old dogs cannot be taught new tricks, no matter how sweet the treat!

In the United States, especially for those of us raised in the 50s and 60s, we were taught in school to love our country, love our family, to work hard, and to respect others. The mindset from which we were instructed were the democratic ideals and the Protestantism that shaped much of the structure of our country, from its very foundation. The people who came to these shores came to escape what they considered to be oppression for their Protestant views in a very Catholic world. And that mindset still permeates our country, and many of us, whether we realize it or not. For those of us who have grown frustrated with western ideologies, and who have searched in the East (as in Eastern rites and Orthodoxy) and back through history, it is hard to be accepted by our western, especially Latin Rite, friends. And much more difficult to be understood by our Protestant, evangelical friends.
For example, when we left the Latin Rite, or Roman Catholic Church, so many of our former parishioners questioned whether or not we were still Catholic. So many Roman Catholics, and many Protestants, do not realize how many rites there are within Catholicism. I have addressed this in past posts, but it is resonating with a loud boom in my life today, as a leftover from an explosion yesterday.

Continued- “…avoid conversation with him.” | kaiserswest

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes our emotions and feelings are wrong.
It is not that the West disregards the East - it's that many of the West dont even know about the East.
And the more ppl discover the Eastern Catholic Rites - the more they are confounded by the fact others dont 'get it'.

I like the first picture BTW.

Upvote 0