‘Gasp! A Catholic bishop publicly opposes abortion!’ UK pro-aborts in hysterics

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: WarriorAngel

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's about time a public figure stood up and defended the Pro-life faction in this country. For too long now has abortion been a morally acceptable practice here. I know people personally who have had one or more abortions and each time I hear of one, I still get shivers down my spine. I cannot look at them in the same way again. This may be wrong of me, but that's how seriously I feel about it.

Abortion is the greatest evil out there. Do these pro-choice folk really think they were going to get their way without opposition? Good on this Bishop for speaking out and may he and many more continue to do so!

God help us!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick T
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's about time a public figure stood up and defended the Pro-life faction in this country. For too long now has abortion been a morally acceptable practice here. I know people personally who have had one or more abortions and each time I hear of one, I still get shivers down my spine. I cannot look at them in the same way again. This may be wrong of me, but that's how seriously I feel about it.

Abortion is the greatest evil out there. Do these pro-choice folk really think they were going to get their way without opposition? Good on this Bishop for speaking out and may he and many more continue to do so!

God help us!

Abortion us the greatest evil in the world today. No question about it.

I find it highly hypocritical when any Catholic claims to be living out a Catholic existance while at the same time supporting pro-choice (which is pro-abortion).

I pray for the UK and that more stand up for those killed by abortion. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some of those who have had abortions are now the greatest opponents of abortion. We only have to look at RoeVWade to see the turnaround there. When I have watched various pro-life marches I always feel love for the ladies with the plaques 'I had an abortion and regret it.' I don't judge them in anyway, that is Gods place.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My bishop (Canadian) is present at big pro-life events. He leads the March for Life every year in addition to participating in other gatherings.

It seems so strange to me that people would be shocked that bishops and priests would speak out and stand up for what they believe in. So pro-choice protesters are allowed to gather and rally... but pro-lifers are not? Double standard. Do they just expect us all to lie back and do nothing in the face of evil? It is our duty to speak up.

Upvote 0

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Abortion us the greatest evil in the world today. No question about it.

I find it highly hypocritical when any Catholic claims to be living out a Catholic existance while at the same time supporting pro-choice (which is pro-abortion).

I pray for the UK and that more stand up for those killed by abortion. :crossrc:

I agree. Where there may be some beliefs that are possible to have a little disagreement on with the Catholic Church, abortion is not one of them. I believe that it is hypocritical for any Christian to support Abortion, especially Catholics. Getting into debates with Pro-Choice Christians is very annoying because they seem to forget one simple fact, God creates all life. I bet they wouldn't dare say Jesus wasn't a person when Mary first conceived.

Thank you for praying for my country!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What would encourage people to keep their babies?

(1) tax exemptions?

- save a baby, you are exempted from this much of income tax.

(2) budget for weapons of mass destruction; if (a big IF), all governments came to their senses and stopped fighting; the money can be used to help women raise their babies.

Ta ta ta, no more abortions, no more hungry children.

Unfortunately, instead of using what God gave them, people (some people) have to fight

all the time. If we did God's will, there will be proper distribution of wealth in the world.

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think what needs to be addressed is

(1) why are women having abortions?

(2) how do we help women from having abortions. What solutions can we provide?

Instead of protest, protest, protest. It just goes no where.

Women will continue having abortions. The issues have to be addressed in order to

solve the problem people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think what needs to be addressed is

(1) why are women having abortions?

(2) how do we help women from having abortions. What solutions can we provide?

Instead of protest, protest, protest. It just goes no where.

Women will continue having abortions. The issues have to be addressed in order to

solve the problem people.

Back in my pagan days, the women/girls I knew who got abortions, used abortions as another form of birth control. I knew one gal that had close to a dozen abortions, she has two daughters today. Another had an abortio n because she was in highschool and one night, while drunk, got pregnant and could bear the thought of being a teenager with a child in hoghschool or face her mom. She tried to hide it from as many people as possible. Mostly, it is people that have sex for pleasure and usually do not want kids or a relationship/marriage and their contraception fails them. Abortion is simply Plan B with no deeper thoughts than that. I would wager nickels to dollars that most people do not consider a conceived child to be a living child until the third term.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
...This is definitely off-topic...but anyone get the feeling a certain somebody is Child of Goddess?

You're right, that's definitely off-topic.

Back in my pagan days, the women/girls I knew who got abortions, used abortions as another form of birth control.

Those women were pretty a-typical then.

I really hate it when people underestimate the effect that abortion has on women. I hate it when they overestimate it too.

Basically I hate it when people make assumptions about women who have abortions. They're not all super-sl*ts and they're not all guileless waifs either.

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Back in my pagan days, the women/girls I knew who got abortions, used abortions as another form of birth control. I knew one gal that had close to a dozen abortions, she has two daughters today. Another had an abortio n because she was in highschool and one night, while drunk, got pregnant and could bear the thought of being a teenager with a child in hoghschool or face her mom. She tried to hide it from as many people as possible. Mostly, it is people that have sex for pleasure and usually do not want kids or a relationship/marriage and their contraception fails them. Abortion is simply Plan B with no deeper thoughts than that. I would wager nickels to dollars that most people do not consider a conceived child to be a living child until the third term.

I forgot about this point. I got the idea that women are too poor to afford it, that is why they have abortions. Well, that was what a lady (catholic) told me.

She had to undergo abortions (many) because she could not afford to feed the babies.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I forgot about this point. I got the idea that women are too poor to afford it, that is why they have abortions. Well, that was what a lady (catholic) told me.

She had to undergo abortions (many) because she could not afford to feed the babies.

In the USA this would be a lie. There is government, church, and secular support for mothers with babies/kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the USA this would be a lie. There is government, church, and secular support for mothers with babies/kids.

That's true and if a woman feels like they can't afford a baby that is still no excuse to get an abortion. If you can't afford the baby then give him/her up for adoption, don't murder him/her!

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. Where there may be some beliefs that are possible to have a little disagreement on with the Catholic Church, abortion is not one of them. I believe that it is hypocritical for any Christian to support Abortion, especially Catholics. Getting into debates with Pro-Choice Christians is very annoying because they seem to forget one simple fact, God creates all life. I bet they wouldn't dare say Jesus wasn't a person when Mary first conceived.

Thank you for praying for my country! :thumbsup:

You are most welcome. After all we are Family. :)

Upvote 0