Not open for further replies.

ThePilgrim

Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
✟10,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

It is with a heavy heart that I write and ask your prayers. I just received word that Sonia Belcher, the wife of Dcn Nicholas Belcher, who works at Holy Cross in Boston, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last night.

I met Sonia and Dcn Nick at the College Conference less than two months ago, where Dcn Nick was the main speaker. She was there as well, with their little baby, Andrew, their first child, who is now four months old.

Last night, she passed away suddenly of a pulmonary embolism, which is apparently instantaneous and painless (thank God!).

She was only 32 years old, and a wonderful Christian woman, full of life and love for her neighbor. From what I've heard, she was very active and involved in different Orthodox charities and missions, both domestically and abroad.

Please remember her in your prayers, as well as her husband, Dcn Nicholas, and their son, Andrew, as well as all the friends and family left behind.

With the saints, O Lord, give rest to the soul of your handmaid, Sonia!

http://soniabelcher.wordpress.com

In Christ,
John

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThePilgrim

Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
✟10,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
At 10 o'clock we had a memorial service for her over a conference call, and at the end, we found out that someone had called in and put it on speaker phone for Deacon Nicholas to hear, and that it meant a lot to him.

The next little while is likely to be very tough for him, as there was no warning at all, and now he has to care for their 4-month-old baby.

Thank God, people seem to be rallying around him.

John

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.