If you haven't already read this book you should consider putting it on your list. “Experiencing God” has been out for many years and has been read by millions; in 2008 it was revised with seven new chapters along with many personal reflections from those who have been blessed by its pages. This is a must-have in the library of any Christian and an absolute joy to read as your connection to God is reinforced and focused to a point of clear understanding. Distinguished theologian Henry Blackaby guides the reader into an intimate conversation with our Creator and makes very clear how we can see and feel God working in our lives every day.
Blackaby makes the point that the Bible was written to help us understand the ways of God and that when God is working he reveals Himself to us so that He may accomplish His purposes through us. By compiling common experiences from the Bible, Blackaby has come up with what he terms the seven realities of experiencing God. These seven identifiers will guide you to an understanding of how God works in your church, in your life, and in the world.
The bottom line is that God is at work in this world and he loves you and wants a loving relationship with you. Once that relationship is established, God wants you to join Him in His work. By reading this carefully detailed book you will come to understand precisely how God is working in your life and begin to experience God in a new and more fulfilling way.
- God is always at work around you.
- God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
- God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
- God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
- You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
- You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.
Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!