Matthew West has an inspiring song and video called “Do Something.” In his lyric he essentially makes the point that when Jesus ascended into Heaven, he left us in charge. We’re not supposed to wait on God to take care of everything – we are supposed to take care of each other. This sparked the idea to make a list of things we can all do to help others.
I’m sure most of you are doing your fair share; nevertheless, it’s always nice to have a check list of possibilities to compare to your current effort. Maybe there’s something here you’ve overlooked. Maybe there’s something here you’ve been neglecting. Maybe one of these suggestions will spark a new idea that will expand into far more than you ever thought possible. I pray this list will have a positive impact on your walk with the Lord.
1. Praise God for everything he has given you, including all your friends and family.
2. Let your friends and family know how much you appreciate them.
3. Give someone a helping hand every day.
4. Look for opportunities at your church to join in an effort to help others.
5. Find a local need and then find a church or organization that can meet that need.
6. Search the Internet for organizations that are helping others and identify ones to support.
7. Give some money or some of your time to an organization that is helping others.
8. Form your own small group of believers dedicated to helping others in your community.
9. Offer your talents for free to those in need in your community or over the Internet.
10. Make it known that you are someone who is always ready to help when needed.
May you be greatly blessed in your efforts!
Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.