Mar 10, 2014
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am a non-denomination Christian. A couple years ago I got a tattoo to symbolize the day god gave me life and brung me into existence. its a tattoo of my birth date and zodiac sign. Now I regret getting the tattoo and is going to get it covered up after finding out that zodiac signs are tied to astrolatry; which is the worship of stars and celestial bodies. No I do not do horoscopes and palm readings and stuff like that. the bible clearly says to stay away from that stuff. But it is interesting that the characteristics and traits of zodiac signs really match. I know that astrolatry is a man made religion, but just like discoveries, new studies and technology today is it possible that they found out something about how the position of plantes are when were born have something to do with our characteristics and traits? I believe the absence of things in the bible dosnt necessarily mean they are false but just mean that God didn't mention it because it wasn't important. (its just an interesting topic I would like to share with fellow Christians)

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I like reading up on astrology sometimes. I'm not into horoscopes and stuff, I put rank them next to fortune cookies for accuracy of predictions and advice (which is "none" unless evidence starts to point otherwise).

Some people I know don't match their sign descriptions at all, and some (like me) match near perfectly. I think it's just another weird things us humans have come up with to try to explain things, and I don't see it as bad or anything. Maybe a little useless, but very entertaining :)

If there really is scientific evidence linking behavior to the alignment of the cosmos when you are born, that would be really cool and interesting to learn about. Not holding my breath, but it would be.

I'm thinking of getting my sign tattooed one day.

Upvote 0

TheYearOftheLady

Sweets :)
Apr 10, 2014
New York
✟7,633.00
Faith
Atheist
I've been told how those things are satanic by an ex best friend, they are quite interesting in my opinion and like KitKatMatt said, entertaining.

However some things do match up with my zodiac and quite frankly, some of it is true, some is just not true. However I have no clue, I am a noob when it comes to the Bible, I shall look up on this one.

God bless. =)

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Astrology - RationalWiki
Horoscope - RationalWiki

Boom.

Put simply, the fact these superstitions exist has no bearing on anything. Trying to label something as 'Satanic' or tying it into the generalized (very often well-deserved, but not for religious reasons so much as for totally uncritical acceptance of loads of pseudoscientific woo and exhibiting pathological levels of crank magnetism) hostility to 'New Age' stuff is only an attempt to scare people into not doing something already widely recognized as make believe. Fear must somehow be superior to self-delusion; kudos to anyone that notices the recursive irony of that last statement.

I was born in October, this makes me a Libra by the calculations of the tropical zodiac that most people are familiar with. Do I think that means anything at all? Absolutely, emphatically not. Horoscopes and sign descriptions are deliberately written so vaguely that anyone will match them, because people always want to think positively of themselves, and thinking there's some cosmic alignment that pre-ordained them to happiness is more comforting to them than the idea that happiness is both arbitrary and their personal happiness is just that - personal, meaning that they are the ones in control of whether they're happy or not. But that's too much responsibility for some people.

Upvote 0

Observer

Observer
Sep 29, 2004
Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think if it's to represent your birth date then people shouldn't claim it's satanic. It's literally just the position of the sun and planets, it can be a purely literal thing. You don't have to associate personality traits, or anything "new age" with it. However if you feel God is speaking to you about it and that it's not right for you, you should do what you feel is right, if that is to get it covered/removed, then you should... Good luck

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "heavens" (stars, etc) are a mysterious and fascinating thing. We know that they tell us things, like the seasons, we can orient by them, etc. The Bible suggests that the wise men realized Jesus had been born because they studied the heavens and saw his new "star" in the east. I don't think it's wrong to recognize that the heavenly bodies are set in place and have meaning and can indicate things to us. As long as we bear in mind that they have the same Creator as we do; they aren't living things or deities or something to be worshiped. They're simply... galactic sign posts, if you will.

Upvote 0