Jade10

Jan 17, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI everyone
I'm brand new to the forum and seeking info on video games and books my teenage daughter is interested in.
We are really trying to make sure she is making good Godly choices with her leisure activities.
So, from a Christian perspective are Zelda books and games wholesome or are they pretty bad?

walkingxshadow

a poor player
Apr 7, 2011
Ecruteak city, Johto
✟61,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HI everyone
I'm brand new to the forum and seeking info on video games and books my teenage daughter is interested in.
We are really trying to make sure she is making good Godly choices with her leisure activities.
So, from a Christian perspective are Zelda books and games wholesome or are they pretty bad?

I mean they have magic and bad guys. But the good guys always win. The story lines are never very deep. They're essentially just simple dungeon crawlers. I like zelda games. But not so much the newer ones. Ocarina of time and windwaker are the best. I wouldn't worry about her playing them. They're just games. Now final fantasy and kingdom hearts are where its at as far as rpgs go.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nothing wrong with Zelda~

If she's into RPG games, or role-playing games look at Kingdom Hearts for the PS2/PSP/Nintendo DS. (E-E10+)

Final Fantasy Series (E-T): PS1,PSP,PS2,PS3 X360 etc

There is The Elder Scrolls series (T-M) for the PS3/PC/X360. Skyrim is the best out of the series~

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3/4, Persona 4 Arena (Fighting game with RPG elements) for the PS2/PS3. The persona series is IMO, the best option - Persona 3 and 4 ARE rated M for 17+ but that does not mean your child won't understand certain things and understand the story. I was 14 when I first nabbed Persona 3 after my parent's permission and it was an experience overall.

POKEMON!! (N/A-T) Pokemon has always been the forefront of RPG games, get em'!

There is Devil May Cry (M) for the PS2/PS3/PC (The new one looks great!. Get DMC 3: Dante's Awakening, DMC4, and the new one called DmC)

Ask her what video games she's into and let her decide for herself. If chooses one that you are iffy on, buy a used copy and play it with her for awhile, and ask why she chose it and make sure she understands. I've met parents who's kids were playing video games together and they always had their own set of rules (Playing the questionable games with everyone).

If she's a teen i'm going to assume she's between 14-17. Girls that age learn on their own using their own mind, and gaining Independence. It's a crucial time by accepting their choices that they choose~ If they want to play a game that seems iffy to you, let them play it but under your eye and talk to the kid about themes you both saw~. Gaming is a great thing, and as a Sponsored gamer and paid, it opens many new doors to your teens' imagination.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't see anything wrong with Zelda. They're pretty family-friendly and the dark elements are nothing overwhelming or painted in a positive light. If you feel convicted about them then it's best to avoid them. Personally I think they're a blast, except for Zelda II and Skyward Sword. I couldn't get into those two at all, although they're still better than a lot of what's out there.

Upvote 0

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many of the Zelda games have highly questionable references and occultic themes. In short, I would recommend not playing them, especially if the general user is a young mind whom the adversary can easily prey upon. It's probably better than Grand theft auto, but it's not immune to causing problems on a spiritual level, which can easily manifest into behavior problems.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

HI everyone

They are just fine, wonderful games with excellent Christian themes. I highly recommend them all to any family.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Many of the Zelda games have highly questionable references and occultic themes. In short, I would recommend not playing them, especially if the general user is a young mind whom the adversary can easily prey upon. It's probably better than Grand theft auto, but it's not immune to causing problems on a spiritual level, which can easily manifest into behavior problems.

:doh:

Upvote 0