Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
False. The whole world observed it! The survivors also all observed it. We have the direct record. You have not observed them not observing. You are in no position to know. As for physical evidence, you don't know what to look for.
This is my new favorite line from you: "You have not observed them not observing." LOL! You are a true comedian, dad! ^_^

No. It is absolute. Jesus confirmed that.
Where did he do that?

Yes there were. We have them passed down.
I suppose some one like yourself in the future might say the same about Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." He will probably call himself a "Whologist."

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First: mathematicians make mistakes.
No kidding.
So math doesn't conflict with math, mathematicians conflict with mathematicians.
Yes, Einstein knew this quite well:

"Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore." - Albert Einstein.
Second: mathematicical models are just models. They are never the reality.
Yes, Einstein also knew this quite well:

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein

This is also why many scientists reject the big bang model:

An Open Letter to the Scientific Community
If you put garbage in, you get garbage out.
No kidding.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's 96% math and only 4% physics. So yes, mathematical model.

Mathematical model of what?

To cite an oft repeated story, a mathematical model of honey bee aerodynamics returned a result showing that bees should not be able to fly. So who is wrong? The bee or the math?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
This is also why many scientists reject the big bang model:

An Open Letter to the Scientific Community

From the very first sentence of the letter:

"The big bang today relies on a growing number of hypothetical entities, things that we have never observed-- inflation, dark matter and dark energy are the most prominent examples."

So guess what? Scientists have now observed dark matter:

August 21, 2006 - Dark Matter Observed: Most Direct Measurement of Dark Matter Allows Study of its Nature - Press Release

On top of that, scientists have now confirmed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, confirming dark energy (since dark energy is nothing more than the placeholder for the force vector responsible for the acceleration of the expansion).

It would seem that investment into BB theory has born quite a bit of fruit.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is my new favorite line from you: "You have not observed them not observing." LOL! You are a true comedian, dad! ^_^
The truth shall make you funny.
Where did he do that?
He told of how all were taken away with the flood.

I suppose some one like yourself in the future might say the same about Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." He will probably call himself a "Whologist."

No. Relax. Christmas is safe.

Upvote 0

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
Mathematical model of what?

To cite an oft repeated story, a mathematical model of honey bee aerodynamics returned a result showing that bees should not be able to fly. So who is wrong? The bee or the math?

Actually the story. :D Studies showed that bees don't use a flapping motion but rather a vortex type rotation which allows them to fly, both in math and practice. :sorry:

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Every model has to be checked against the real physical world. And models are very influenced by the basic premissies. If you put garbage in, you get garbage out. Hoyle's math might be good, his work was - at best - based on false assumptions, so it went totally wrong about the BBT.
No kidding.
No kidding, indeed, because that was exactly what Fred Hoyle was doing.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The truth shall make you funny.
But you never need the "truth" to make you funny, dad.

He told of how all were taken away with the flood.

Where did he do that. I hope you aren't going to say Genesis, because that was a book written by fallible MEN like yourself.

No. Relax. Christmas is safe.
I picture you as an excellent Whologist in the near future.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So guess what? Scientists now have doubts about dark matter:

June 15, 2010 - Bang goes the theory: Scientists claim dark matter that makes up most of universe 'may not exist'
On top of that, scientists have now confirmed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, confirming dark energy
On top of that, scientists have now confirmed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, confirming "God did it".
It would seem that investment into BB theory has born quite a bit of fruit.
It sure did; "God did it" has been confirmed:

"I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens...My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts." (Isa 44:24, 45:12).

Upvote 0
Mt 24:39 -And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away;...

Mathew 24 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

At first the earth was cleansed with water. Now the earth will be cleansed with fire.
Yet they will eat & drink and give in marriage right up to the end.

Upvote 0
OK.. that is what Matthew tells us. Now show me where God tells us this.

nuclear-bomb-badger350.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I guess that confirms my suspicions. I always pictured Jazer as the guy who stands on the corner with the sandwich board sign that reads "THE END IS NEER!!!!".
God is restraining the atheists from destroying the world until the end of the Church age when the Holy Spirit is removed from the world.

2 thes 2 7 For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.

Upvote 0

]RiSeN[

Come, be his follower!
Apr 12, 2005
New York
✟10,178.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
God is restraining the atheists from destroying the world until the end of the Church age when the Holy Spirit is removed from the world.

2 thes 2 7 For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.

That verse is talking about apostasy infiltrating the Christian congregation and the last apostle, John, being the last restraint against it. He's talking about the lawlessness of the eventual "Church" which would for centuries lift itself “. . . up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.” (2 Thessalonians 2:4)
See 2Thes 2:3, where he says plainly apostasy. Look at the entire context.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The atheists are trying to destroy the world huh? What a load of cow paddies. A nice example how you people read whatever you like into scripture, and then call it "God's Innerant Word." :p

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread has gone through a mini clean up. If you notice a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please remember the Board Rules

Documentation of thread clean up is HERE for staff only!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0