Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
JeffreyLloyd said:
I never thought of naming them... St. Michael the archangel is my patron saint, so I'll use his name.

Dearest joy in Christ, Jeff and Patrick:

Christ is glorified in His Saints! May He also be glorified in us!

I'll wait until the name of my guardian angel is revealed to me - either on this earth or in heaven. If Michael was given the name Michael, then all the angels already have names. Would that be the case?

Anyway, I am not about to give him another name. Who am I to name him when he inspired my Godparents to give me my names at Baptism?

Somewhere in the bible or in the book of Revelation, I thought, someone said that we will have a name given to us in heaven. Is that true? Or is that our baptismal name?

Your sister in Christ,

Elizabeth

Your sister in Christ,

Upvote 0

DustedOffMouse

Jul 4, 2003
✟15,194.00
Faith
Agnostic
I think it's our baptismal name- the one written in the Book of the Elect- the one submitted to the Bishop... Mine is Aurelia after St. Aurelia the Anchoress who gave up being a princess to consecrate her life to God as a hermit in Austria when her parents tried to force her to marry instead of becoming a nun. ;o)

As far as angels, I just think of mine as being my little brother that died.. Ian Michael his name is... he would have been 9 this year.... :cry:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
DustedOffMouse said:
As far as angels, I just think of mine as being my little brother that died.. Ian Michael his name is... he would have been 9 this year.... :cry:

Dearest Sister in Christ: Christ is Risen!

Welcome to the Christianforum!

Yes, you have a precious little saint in heaven to pray for you, but you also have a guardian angel.

Some people have been privileged to see their own guardian angel. The lives of the saints attest to that. Today, though, if they publicly announced it, they would probably be forced to see a psychologist. So our true saints are forced to live quiet lives today.

So welcome to the forum and I will pray for you as you make plans for your wedding day.

God bless you.

Your sister in Christ,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I have lots of angels helping me. :D Well I hope this is ok, but I didn't try to name my main one after a saint or anything. :o I named mine Bela because I like the eastern european sound of it, and because Bela Bartok is one of my favorite composers, and it just "sounded right." I hope nobody thinks that is lame or whatever. He is my right-hand angel. :)

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ginia said:
Wouldn't they already have a name? I dunno mine... I wouldn't be able to name them... what if I choose the name "Elizabeth" and it's a male. :p

(Edit: Oops! I forgot I was on my mother's account. :o It's XangelX here.)

My dearest Angel: Christ is in our midst!

Just so everyone knows, this Elizabeth is not your mother!! LOL I have a son, not a daughter.

I was taught that angels were males by the dear old sweet nuns. However now they are teaching that angels are neither male nor female. I'll let God do the naming, and address then as "guardian dear".

Your sister in Christ,

Elizabeth

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Ginia said:
Wouldn't they already have a name? I dunno mine... I wouldn't be able to name them... what if I choose the name "Elizabeth" and it's a male. :p

(Edit: Oops! I forgot I was on my mother's account. :o It's XangelX here.)

Angels are niether male not female. They are pure spirit.

Upvote 0

INFJ

:)
Sep 13, 2006
✟16,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you named your Guardian Angel? Mine is named Peter. I named my angel after our first pope.

What is your angel's name? Why did you pick that name?

In Christ, Patrick

WEll my angel told me his name when I was really young. I have known him for almost ALL of my life!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE PLEASE PM and I can tell you more!!!!!:)

Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junco

Dec 21, 2006
✟7,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My guardian angel just recently made herself know to me, but I am dreadfully ignorant on the subject, I fear. She told me her name - Molly. I'm not exactly certain what's going on here, as I would have thought a guardian angel would be above us spiritually. Molly seems to indicate that she wants guidance and teaching from me!

Folks, I'm new to this, and this revelation made me suspicious. This is not angel behavior that I have ever heard of. Input, anybody?

Upvote 0

Aaron-Aggie

Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟23,913.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
My guardian angel just recently made herself know to me, but I am dreadfully ignorant on the subject, I fear. She told me her name - Molly. I'm not exactly certain what's going on here, as I would have thought a guardian angel would be above us spiritually. Molly seems to indicate that she wants guidance and teaching from me!

Folks, I'm new to this, and this revelation made me suspicious. This is not angel behavior that I have ever heard of. Input, anybody?
be carefull and seek spritiaul guidince from some one you trust

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.