Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
...back to jail.

AND how was your day?

‘Your God’s wrong’: Judge erupts in angry tirade, sends pro-life activist back to jail | LifeSiteNews.com

An Ontario Court of Justice judge erupted in a lengthy, angry tirade against pro-life activist Mary Wagner – and ejected a spectator from the public gallery – in a downtown Toronto courtroom Wednesday. The judge then sent Wagner to jail for an additional 92 days, added to 88 days already served prior to trial, after finding her guilty of mischief and two counts of failing to comply with probation orders.

The charges related to Wagner’s November 8 arrest at the site of the Bloor West Village “Women’s Clinic.” Wagner has been arrested on several occasions for peacefully entering abortion facilities in Toronto, where she presents women in the waiting room with a rose and offers them pro-life counseling.

Nice. Good to see a judge can have their own personal opinions. Not the people. Wow.

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
“She can sit in jail, if that’s the only way to protect people,” he fulminated, calling Wagner “cowardly” for “abusing other human beings” and not having the courage to make her views known through other channels. “This is an extraordinary waste of resources. Get a grip!”

Wouldn't being face to face with others and actually entering said abortion clinics constitute as actually being brave?

Also, from the comments:

So Mary does 6 months in jail, and the woman in Alberta who strangled her newborn and tossed the baby's corpse over the fence of the neighbor's yard last year walks out of the courtroom with no jail time!

Is this true?!

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read this in the morning on FB and I applaud this Canadian Pro-Life woman. As to the judge I would say she reminds me a of mother dog who is mean as h.e. double toothpicks. I mean, this judge is a real loser to state anything regarding her religious beliefs and THAT is veru uncalled for and should be punished IMO.

Regardless, I think we need women (and men) like this Pro-Life woman.

It seems we have more women on the Pro-Life area then men and I am a little ashamed of my gender these days, they are so wishy washy and spineless I<o and genrally speaking.

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And who judges the judges on earth? So sick of men getting in power that have no business being there. Unless The Lord put them there, that is. The whole "honorable judge" blah blah, what makes men like this honorable exactly? because they were a lawyer for 20 years and upgraded to a judge? get real. This man should be made to apologize for daring saying the Lord Almighty is wrong, and he should be removed of his position or at the very least suspended. Why do judges have so much power? it's sickening. People see it as a joke too, that's why trash tv shows like judge judy exist, where she sits there mocking the defendants, abusing her authority, so everyone can say "haha isn't that funnny". The whole high chair stuff for judges is stupid too, again unless God put them there, or they did anything worthy of being there people shouldn't have to cater to them, or act like they're somehow higher up or better than anyone else.

Upvote 0