1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Professionals Bible Study

Discussion in 'Young Adults' started by Chris81, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Methodist
    My Church does not currently have a bible study for young adults. Tomorrow I will be attending a meeting to discuss the idea of putting together a bible study for young adults in the age range of 20-35. I would like to know of any topics or studies that you think would be applicable for your age group. In addition are there any studies that you enjoyed and found enlightening/enriching for your life? Please share any advice and information you have and thank you in advance for your help.

2. WiredSpirit

WiredSpirit and all God's people said... meh

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    Right now we're doing the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Ours did that one recently as well.

Consider what kind of young adults you're mostly ministering to. New converts? People who want to get to know the faith they've been claiming, but aren't really grounded yet? Grounded people who are familiar with the church routine?

The smaller groups that I know of have been focusing on digging into a certain book of the Bible, going through a given passage at a time. We've been using the Life Change series.

4. WiredSpirit

WiredSpirit and all God's people said... meh

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Methodist
    I will give you one other piece of advise too... advertise on FB. The college and young adult ministries at my church is merged under one pastor and since I started going there last December we never had more than 8-10 people showing up. We did FB ads this year targeted to students at the local schools and at the kickoff weekend we had 40 people show up, and we had 29 last week so a good portion of them are staying. We had to move it to adjoining rooms for enough space. We actually eat and watch the videos or whatever goes along with the study together then split into smaller groups to discuss it.

5. Chris81

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Methodist
    What is FB?

6. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
  7. wanelad

wanelad Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Hi all I am currently doing an online Bible study by Dr Ralph Wilson he has 2 docturates so able to provide extensive history but most of the study is directly from the Bible and its verses. Both audio and e copy are available in each course. Not sure if allowed to post links here but a google including name and "Bible Study" should get you there

8. Chris81

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Methodist
    I would like to thank everyone for your advise. You gave me some good bible study ideas and I think advertising the bible study on Facebook is a great idea. Have a blessed day!